Help with lowering please (Orlando)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with lowering please (Orlando)

Hey everyone, hope this is the right section. Been checking out this group and entertaining becoing a memeber. Anywayz, got my 03 G35 coupe in November and finally came around to beginning the modding. nismo front kit on the way, doing some stuff with the headlights, switching out the wheels, tint, passport mounted radar detector. Just small stuff. All thats left now is lowering the coupe. Looking for a low drop with eibach sportlines or tanabe nf 210. I am fairly familiar with the G as i owned a 350z for couple years before. Just wondering if there are any performance places that would deal with lowering my car with spc camber kit in rear. Searched relentlessly thru the forum and came across rz motoring but thats in tampa and performance factory which seems non existent anymore. If anyone can point me to a right place or willing to do the labor for me let me know please, ill pay. I do not want to try DIY cause i always mess things up lol. thanx.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Well If you were in Tampa you could take it to S&R Performance.
Dont know anyone in Orlando though, maybe you can go to one of there TECH days and have it installed.

Good choice on the Nismo Kit!

Old 02-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
DIY in the garage.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Sen
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I was thinking of doing another tech day at the house in March. Springs and a camber kit is something we could help you with, np bob.

Pics of the ride?

Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Will post pics when everything pieces together gauranteed! Yea figured diy or taking it down tampa were the choices. Dont think the tampa thing would work though. Thanx for the suggestions. So far tech days sounds enticing, whats the details with that? When and where? Lol. Any other suggestions?

Old 02-28-2010, 03:12 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilley
DIY in the garage.
theres only 1 garage in orlando i trust to touch my car.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Sen
Originally Posted by dmus
Will post pics when everything pieces together gauranteed! Yea figured diy or taking it down tampa were the choices. Dont think the tampa thing would work though. Thanx for the suggestions. So far tech days sounds enticing, whats the details with that? When and where? Lol. Any other suggestions?
I had a couple tech days at my house last year. I wanted to have one more before I move at the end of March. Basically we have a mini Orlando meet. We'll have burgers or pizza there. Last time, we played poker, too. I'll start a thread about it soon.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:43 PM
K kool. Yea i checked out ur older thread in january. Good stuff. Also saw some old threads on my350 that recommend speedzone in Kissimmee. One local auto shop here quoted me 550!! I laughed when i was told that. And imagine i forgot to mention the dremmeling part. Lol. No thanx. So tech days or diy it is if speedzone is no longer around.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Teh Redhead Moderator

Received 242 Likes on 174 Posts
You can check out Slowboy Racing, they are in Sanford. They do great work and there are a bunch of us local Gs and Zs that have had work done there before

Old 02-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
whats a memeber?

Old 02-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Sen
Originally Posted by HYDROERIC2003
whats a memeber?
Watch out, spelling police!

Originally Posted by dmus
K kool. Yea i checked out ur older thread in january. Good stuff. Also saw some old threads on my350 that recommend speedzone in Kissimmee. One local auto shop here quoted me 550!! I laughed when i was told that. And imagine i forgot to mention the dremmeling part. Lol. No thanx. So tech days or diy it is if speedzone is no longer around.
It's several hours of work but really not too challenging. So if you want I'd be more than happy to help you install if you wanna come over to my next tech day. Then it's free labor =) But you could always bring beer or pizza...

Oh, and Chris has done a few toe bolt holes (mine included) so maybe we can convince him to help out =)

Old 02-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Really appreciate the responses. I will start checking into that shop caribbeanblue for any future work. Thanx Sen for the offer, beer and snacks or whatnot isn't any problem at all if i come thru.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Also check out Performance Race Solution, Formerly known as GBR. They did some work on my G.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
speedzone quoted $100 for coil over install including intial tune / setup. im sure they couldnt be much more and maybe less for a spring install.
i installed my own s-techs with at a buddy house, he had a huge compressor which made it a cake walk. But it really not that bad to DIY, especially the rears.

We need to have tech day anyway! Set it up SEN-SEN!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Oh wow, cool cool. Yea checked out some diy and rears look easy. Its the dremmeling part where I was like oh hell no. Lol. Looks like with right tools shudnt be that bad. Thanx for the arsenal of shop referals that were suggested though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with lowering please (Orlando)