Orlando Infiniti and oil consumption

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando Infiniti and oil consumption

please excuse my long post just need to vent...

I took my car in for an oil consumption test at Orlando Infiniti they changed the oil, marked the dip stick and told me to come back in 1000 miles. 1000 miles later I came back to get my oil level tested, parked the car and waited. 1hr later the tech came out to check the level it was “1.50 quarts low” he said after checking it 3 times in front of me. The tech proceeded to tell the services writer the same results then said “I have to check the chart and let me know for sure what the levels are worst case you might need a new engine” I said ok and left with a loner because they were also replacing my radio. 3hrs later I get a call from the tech he said “it is 5mm low and it passed and your car does not fall under the TSB because it is a 03. I was confused to say the least “first the car was 1.5 quarts low now it passes that did not make any sense” I said. The tech proceeded to insist the car passed and the tsb dose not apply to my year.

I could not believe the amount of BS and lies I was now hearing it was obvious they found a failure and now want to cover it up. Why, I don’t know. I got a call from the manager later saying “the oil levels were marginal” he also would not admit to it failing and insisted the tsb did not cover my year. Then why did I do the test? I said. Manager said “it is used for troubleshooting if I want to proceed any further I would have to ok tear down” I said no.

I did not want to argue my point anymore it was oblivious they did not want to replace the engine. I have the elite Infiniti warranty plan. Went to pick my car up the levels were full luckily I took a picture of the stick the first time it failed. I contacted BBB waiting for outcome.

I have to say this dealer has been nothing but good to me in the past and took care of me every time I took my car in. I love the people, service and trusted them with my car I am just very disappointed that the lied to me after they know it failed.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
Lol welcome to my world bud. Been barking up that tree for months. Im an 06 and the manager, service writer, and owner of the dealership came to see my car and said its low. I get a call back a couple days later saying that since my cars a 5AT and doesnt fall under the TSB since its a 6MT issue. So my car continues to burn at an accelerated rate and not much I can do about it without them doing a tear down and if they compression test my motor and it passes im stuck with the labor bill. definatly not agreeing to that.

BBB is the best way to go. Let me know what they say.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 354 Likes on 214 Posts
what year does this fall for?

Old 05-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by ilovez33
Lol welcome to my world bud. Been barking up that tree for months. Im an 06 and the manager, service writer, and owner of the dealership came to see my car and said its low. I get a call back a couple days later saying that since my cars a 5AT and doesnt fall under the TSB since its a 6MT issue. So my car continues to burn at an accelerated rate and not much I can do about it without them doing a tear down and if they compression test my motor and it passes im stuck with the labor bill. definatly not agreeing to that.

BBB is the best way to go. Let me know what they say.
Does your car burn more oil then what the manual says is acceptable?

Edit: looks like my G manual and Service Manual do not state about oil consumption, does the 350z manual state?

My dads LS430 manual states about excessive consumption and whats "allowable"

Last edited by thescreensavers; 05-11-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Sen
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by blAk mAx
what year does this fall for?
If I'm not mistaken, it should only apply to 05-07 MT G's.

That doesn't mean other VQ's don't have problems, too...

=(

Old 05-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Sen
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
When I brought my car in a year ago for a completely separate issue, they went ahead and killed two birds with one stone. While they had everything apart for the first issue (electrical/wire harness), they replaced gaskets and things which I believe is related to the revup TSB.

But for non-revups, I think they're continuing to play hardball.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Sucks to hear IF your car really has an issue but the TSB definitely does not cover an 03. Only rev up's.

How many miles on your car and how long have you owned it?

Old 05-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Sucks to hear IF your car really has an issue but the TSB definitely does not cover an 03. Only rev up's.

87500 i've had it almost 1.5 years..

Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane

Your correct 05-07 6mt coupes and sedans rev up.

Sorry man and hope the motor will last. Just keep adding oil but infiniti won't replace you engine even if you just bought it :-/

Once I put another 800 miles on mime its going in for a test. Hopefully its good. BUt if its bad hello full poliahed engine. Hehe

Old 05-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Does your car burn more oil then what the manual says is acceptable?

Edit: looks like my G manual and Service Manual do not state about oil consumption, does the 350z manual state?

My dads LS430 manual states about excessive consumption and whats "allowable"
My car burns way more than whats acceptable. And they've even said it. But just because im 5AT they wont do anything unless I agree to foot the labor if they compression test the motor and find nothing wrong. Despite their findings.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:11 PM
I understand it is for 05-07. but they should be up front and say they can do the test, if it fails they would not be able to do anything about it. Not lie, and try to get out of doing **** for customers if it fails. by the way the part # on the back of the bulleting is for 03-06 engines.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:15 PM
interesting.....Well....sorry this situation had to be your first post but would be nice to have you come out to meets :-P Welcome to Florida G Club. Im your CFL Director Rick.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:17 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Hmm I nevet knew that. If thars what it says you should fight it and I wish you the bEst of luck homie

Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
I think there was a case where an 05 AT engine was replaced.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:38 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Well the op has a 03 :-/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Orlando Infiniti and oil consumption