Orlando Infiniti - Mod friendly??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Orlando Infiniti - Mod friendly??

Long story short, it's official my rev up motor is burning oil.

I got a Z tube, mrev, and a Nismo exhaust.

I was debating if I should take everything off before taking the car in. I don't want to risk them denying my claim because of the mods, even though there's a TSB for it.

Any of you know if Orlando Infiniti is mod friendly or know someone there that I could talk to in case they give me any BS about the mods?

My friend has the lift free tomorrow at 5pm. I really don't want remove all the mods and put them back on later if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Old 11-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
Mod friendly? try not friendly at all, at least the service department

WARNING! IF YOU TAKE YOUR CAR THERE DO NOT HAVE RICHARD DO THE SERVICE WRITING ON YOUR CAR

here's my experience from last month, keep in mind i bought my G from them this last February. I take my G to get my tranny checked because its make a noise other than the normal chatter and throughout barring, its still doing it. and my dad says the tranny is going. Since i bought the car I knew the clutch was going, which my dad changed in June along with the throughout barring. My dad is Master Nissan Tech, and has been at Sutherlin Nissan on Semoran since it was Norman Bro's Nissan back in 1997. So I am assigned this Richard guy as my service writer, he starts asking me about the car and the new clutch, he claims my dad F'ed it up when he changed it, which i know isnt the case. so he has me make an appointment to bring the car back two days later. Before i go back my dad tells me to make sure Jason, who is a tech at Orlando Infiniti, looks at my car that they had worked together in the past and are friends. So when i go for my appointment for 11:00, i check in my car at 10:30. it sits in the service line untill 11:30 when Richard finally comes to me for the keys. I tell him that i would like Jason to be the tech to look at my car. He says that Jason is booked and it will be a long wait. So fine I will wait I say. About 5-10mins later Richard comes back with a different tech and asks me if i would like to have him look at my car. I tell him no disrespect but my dad wants Jason to look at. Richard goes on telling me about this tech how he has a G coupe as well and blah blah blah. So i say well if want you can look at it. Before i finish my sentence, the tech tells me well if you want jason you can wait for jason and turns and walks away. Richard says it going to be a while and walks away. less then 5mins later Jason meets me and drives my car. He says he hears the noise but cant just warranty my tranny that easy. he tells me to get a RO and that will cover me. a RO is basically a document saying i, the customer complained about a noise and if its the problem i say it is. i am still covered even if my warranty is up. when we get back Jason tell Richard about writing the RO. after Jason leaves I wait another 30mins and Richard tells me i can go they are all done. I tell him i want a copy of the RO. He bullcraps me and say they dont give out copies and turns to walk away. As hes walking away i tell him Jason said i could get a copy. he stops and again tells me it gonna be awhile. So about another hour goes by untill Richard gives me the RO. which basically means he never wrote up the RO in the 1st place. Sorry for the long story just i really feel like they tried to played me for a fool. I will never take my car back there again unless my tranny really goes out.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Orlando Infiniti Service Department is one big joke. When I first bought my car I took it back so they can take care of some warranty work along with the work I asked them to inspect the tranny because of the same noise that (mycoolg) was having. It sounded like my throwout bearing. So they said yes that they can look at it and test drive it. Mind you before I took the car to them everything worked PERFECT nothing was wrong with the car. I get the car back Two day later and the clutch is gone. I could barely drive the car. I called the service department and tell them that they need to fix this because it was not like this before and that whoever drove my car messed it. They go on to tell me that my clutch was done and that I need to replace the clutch and flywheel. We went back in forth. Nothing got done, so I went to performance factory at the time and had them do all my work.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are never friendly to me, as soon as they saw me pull up they tired to take advantage of me telling me how I shouldn't change my own oil. Funny since I have rebuilt a few motors, an done motor swaps. All I know is I w

Old 11-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wont go back unless it is something serious.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Teh Redhead Moderator

Received 242 Likes on 174 Posts
TLDR any of the above posts

As a former employee of Orlando Infiniti, they were (and still are) very accomodating to me and my needs, AS WELL AS all of my friends and fellow G owners who I always referred and they always received excellent service. Ask for Sara as your service advisor and the technician Mike Mallozzi to work on your car and you won't have any problems.... just be sure to mention me (Veronica).

Old 11-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
Lol Sara's not there anymore V...... They know better than to give me the run-around there because I don't put up with **** there. Go to Mike Haugthon he usually takes care of me. But for the burning of oil i'd definitely atleast take off the MREV......They'll look for any reason to void it.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Teh Redhead Moderator

Ricky, sorry not sure who you heard that from but Sara Bakley is still a Service Advisor at Orlando Infiniti. Sarah M (the receptionist) is not there anymore, maybe you were thinking of her? Chris Krishack and Julio Casiano are no longer there. Mike Naughton is there and also takes very good care of his customers.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
Whoops my mistake. Damn julio for leaving. Best service advisor i've ever had...... and He had an EVO 9.....

Old 11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Teh Redhead Moderator

Yeah he was awesome and always helped everyone... he would get mad at me because he had to give discounts to all my referrals hahah

Old 11-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 355 Likes on 215 Posts
I've had bad service there.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
I doubt it's going to make much of a difference either way....being you have an '05, I'm assuming you're over your warranty period anyways, correct? No warranty = no help on the oil consumption issue. That's a major bill. Might as well just check your dipstick every couple weeks and keep your oil filled.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ishiftinheels
TLDR any of the above posts

As a former employee of Orlando Infiniti, they were (and still are) very accomodating to me and my needs, AS WELL AS all of my friends and fellow G owners who I always referred and they always received excellent service. Ask for Sara as your service advisor and the technician Mike Mallozzi to work on your car and you won't have any problems.... just be sure to mention me (Veronica).
I haven't taken my car to Orlando Infiniti for like a year now. But when I did and it was pretty much stock, I always got good service. Yea Sara was my service advisor every time, never had a problem with replacing parts under warranty.

Well all the performance mods are off the car and back to stock. No more Z tube, mrev, or Nismo exhaust for a little while. Car is sooo quiet now and much slower.
While the car was on the lift, I had tranny fluid and differential fluid changed too.

Going to take in the car sometime next week for the oil consumption test.

Originally Posted by Jhambor
I doubt it's going to make much of a difference either way....being you have an '05, I'm assuming you're over your warranty period anyways, correct? No warranty = no help on the oil consumption issue. That's a major bill. Might as well just check your dipstick every couple weeks and keep your oil filled.
Nope, I still have powertrain until July 2012, so I'm good.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
as far as mod friendly, simple answer ... NO!

basic maintenance OI is ok but everytime i go i get a 5 page report that tells me i need $5000 in repairs???

Old 11-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Acc

Nope, I still have powertrain until July 2012, so I'm good.
Ah, lucky. Yeah well you definetly want to take all your mods off...I would think, like most any stealership, they will look for any excuse possible to not have to warranty out your engine. The oil consumption deal is a major bill...and someone has to eat it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Orlando Infiniti - Mod friendly??