Update on the Vehicle Purchase Program

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on the Vehicle Purchase Program

Dear Florida G35 Club Members,

You may already know that Lokey Infiniti has been involved with your car club from its inception. We here at the dealership have taken great pride in watching and being a part of what you have created in such a very short time.

One of the benefits we wanted the Florida G35 Club to be able to offer its members, through our exclusive involvement with the club, was a special ‘Members Only’ pricing structure for the purchase of a new Infiniti from Lokey. And as recently publicized, we introduced the Florida G35 Club Vehicle Purchase Program that allows a Charter or Premier Member to purchase any new Infiniti for $500 over factory invoice.

As Lokey Infiniti’s Service Director and the primary contact that your club has had with this dealership, I have developed a sincere desire to help make this club a success. So, when the Vehicle Purchase Program was approved I could barely contain my excitement and posted the information immediately. In retrospect, my enthusiasm may have caused the oversight of important details surrounding a vehicle purchase and their effect on this program.

The special pricing that an eligible Club Member receives here at Lokey Infiniti is $500 over factory invoice, plus of course Florida Sales Tax. There is also a Retail Delivery Fee of $499 and an Electronic Filing Fee of $17 that is charged on every new vehicle purchase. The Retail Delivery Fee is a common practice shared by virtually every car dealer. Florida Law regulates this fee and mandates that a dealer who charges it to anyone must charge it to every customer, without exception. Therefore, Lokey Infiniti would be in violation of the law if we made exceptions to this fee for Club Members. The Electronic Filing Fee of $17 covers the expense of electronically filing title and registration information with the State.

Customarily, there is also a charge that appears on a Retail Order For A Motor Vehicle for the detailing and prep of the new vehicle. Lokey Infiniti can, and will, waive this fee and absorb the total expense of delivering newly purchased vehicles in Showroom Condition to Club Members. This is yet another gesture of goodwill that we are happy to offer to the Florida G35 Club.

The fact that the aforementioned fees were overlooked when the Purchase Program was drafted affects the total purchase price to the members of the club. Perhaps this should have been more clearly stated when the program was announced, and we apologize for any misunderstandings this may have caused. For these reasons, and in the spirit of continuing to build a strong relationship between our two organizations, Lokey Infiniti is amending the program to allow a Club Member to purchase a new Infiniti at factory invoice plus $500. This will be the final price of the vehicle, plus taxes, and includes the fees we need to collect. Therefore, the Retail Order For A Motor Vehicle will show the vehicle’s cost actually AT factory invoice, and a flat $500 will be added to cover the mandated fee. This will make the purchase price truly $500 over factory invoice, which was the intention of the original offering. Of course, this offer may be subject to limitations in rare situations where there may be an initial period of limited product availability, such as during the release of the all-new M45.

In closing, Lokey Infiniti’s desire has always been to support the Florida G35 Club and develop a long-term relationship based on openness and mutual respect. Because of the open communication between our two groups, Lokey Infiniti was afforded the opportunity to correct what was truly an oversight, and ensure that the spirit in which this program was offered and our good intentions were preserved. We are very proud to be able to offer this special value to the members of your club and genuinely feel that someone can both achieve a fair deal for themselves and help their club at the same time. We appreciate your understanding during the period that this major club benefit underwent development.

Very truly yours,

John J. Oliva
Service Director
Lokey Infiniti

Old 01-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
WOW!!!

First Grubbs in Texas and now Lokey in Florida.

Amazing dealerships. Now it's time for us in Cali to work on one of our own dealerships.

You guys near this dealership have no idea how lucky you've got it

Old 01-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by drsifu1
WOW!!!

Amazing dealerships. Now it's time for us in Cali to work on one of our own dealerships.

Thanks for the kind words!

Old 01-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I we had dealers like Grubbs and Lokey in our areas.

Old 01-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
I just joined with the FGC a few minutes ago and i must say that i am really glad to hear that Lokey Infiniti is sticking to their original VPP plan and keeping the $500 over invoice price. Great job John. I will hopefully be a customer from Lokey in the near future.

Old 01-28-2005, 08:35 PM
John, you and Lokey are amazing to put this offer on the table for the club members.

Thank you!

Old 01-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by drsifu1
WOW!!!

The way I see it, FGC members who participate in the Florida G35 Club - Vehicle Purchase Program (FGC-VPP), offered exclusively through Lokey Infiniti, actually have a better opportunity when it comes to buying Infiniti vehicles than anyone else in the US! Lokey Infiniti is providing the FGC;

In closing, I would like to personally and sincerely thank John Oliva and Lokey Infiniti for being such an admirable FGC sponsor. I only hope our exclusive commitment with this dealership will continue to strengthen over the years to come.

Thank you Mr. Oliva and thank you Lokey Infiniti!

Last edited by neffster; 01-29-2005 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typo
              Old 01-29-2005, 09:30 AM
              Former G35driver Vendor
              Neffster,

Thank you so very much for the kind words. I want to let it be known that I have had a lot of help from the management team at Lokey to make this happen. And again, I am very pleased that our open channel of communication allowed this oversight to get corrected and our first VPP customer to be properly taken care of.

It is my hope that all club members know that Lokey Infiniti will always do its best to help you in any way we can.

Take care, and have a great weekend!

Old 01-29-2005, 11:32 AM
              Neff/John:

I have a question for you... My old man is considering buying an 05 Sedan (He thinks very highly of the 04 I have.) So the question becomes, can he buy the car through my FGC membership? Remember we live in Miami so it would be a bit of a drive, but 500 over invoice would make it worth it, plus we would be supporting our primary club sponser.

Please Advise,
              Roly

Old 01-29-2005, 12:52 PM
              Originally Posted by tgenius
              Neff/John:

I have a question for you... My old man is considering buying an 05 Sedan (He thinks very highly of the 04 I have.) So the question becomes, can he buy the car through my FGC membership? Remember we live in Miami so it would be a bit of a drive, but 500 over invoice would make it worth it, plus we would be supporting our primary club sponsor.

Please Advise,
              Roly
              My advice would be for you to purchase a $25 CHARTER MEMBERSHIP for your dad. This way he will qualify for the FGC-VPP. If you check the club website, before February 1st we only offer an individual membership program. We have 6 or so members of the club who have registered both themselves and their girlfriend (or their wife) and paid for 2 memberships.

After January 31st at midnight your father would have to pay $110 for the Premier Membership. At this point there is a "Family Plan" (again check the club website) where 2 family members can get a group discount for membership renewal, etc...

To save your dad $85 I suggest that he joins the club today. He'll get his free t-shirt and membership card plus he'll be eligible to participate in the Lokey Infiniti Raffle should he chose to go to the meet.

It's kind of silly to miss out on paying $25 for the chance at saving $2500-$3500 off the price of a new, in demand vehicle. If this post isn't crystal clear, check out the club website and click on HOW TO JOIN. It's pretty self explanatory.

Last edited by neffster; 01-29-2005 at 12:56 PM.
              Old 01-29-2005, 06:58 PM
              Former G35driver Vendor
              Originally Posted by neffster
              My advice would be for you to purchase a $25 CHARTER MEMBERSHIP for your dad. This way he will qualify for the FGC-VPP. If you check the club website, before February 1st we only offer an individual membership program. We have 6 or so members of the club who have registered both themselves and their girlfriend (or their wife) and paid for 2 memberships.

After January 31st at midnight your father would have to pay $110 for the Premier Membership. At this point there is a "Family Plan" (again check the club website) where 2 family members can get a group discount for membership renewal, etc...

To save your dad $85 I suggest that he joins the club today. He'll get his free t-shirt and membership card plus he'll be eligible to participate in the Lokey Infiniti Raffle should he chose to go to the meet.

It's kind of silly to miss out on paying $25 for the chance at saving $2500-$3500 off the price of a new, in demand vehicle. If this post isn't crystal clear, check out the club website and click on HOW TO JOIN. It's pretty self explanatory.
              Roly,

I take the same position as Todd on this. Surely, your father would agree that a $25 "donation" to a club you believe in would be heavily outweighed by the return on investment he'd get with the great vehicle price. I do need to set this precedent, because down the road someone could ask us to help out a boss, neighbor, friend, etc. I urge your father to join the club before the 31st as Neff said, so his financial commitment to the club would be very small.

Let me know if you do this, and I would be happy to get the purchase process going for you! Thank you for your interest in this program.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:39 PM
              FGC Central Florida BOD
              John,
              I think the best way to handle this is probably to "require" the member's name to be on the title of any car they get under the VPP. I dont think anyone would put their name on the title of their boss's, friend's, neighbor's, etc. car. If a member wants to buy his/her spouse a FX then that would be ok because more than likely they will always be on the title. But if my dad was going to buy a new infiniti I doubt he wants my name on his car.

Just a thought...

Old 01-29-2005, 07:45 PM
              Originally Posted by dabomb
              John,
              I think the best way to handle this is probably to "require" the member's name to be on the title of any car they get under the VPP. I dont think anyone would put their name on the title of their boss's, friend's, neighbor's, etc. car. If a member wants to buy his/her spouse a FX then that would be ok because more than likely they will always be on the title. But if my dad was going to buy a new infiniti I doubt he wants my name on his car.

Just a thought...
              However, in my case, my dad has the exact same name I do, cept he's a Sr and I'm a Jr. I'll probably have him join tommorow or something.. if he is serious and all.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:28 PM
              Originally Posted by tgenius
              However, in my case, my dad has the exact same name I do, cept he's a Sr and I'm a Jr. I'll probably have him join tommorow or something.. if he is serious and all.
              You could always ask him to give you $25 so that you can go out and buy a "cool" shirt. Just sign him up and enter in your size for the club t-shirt on the paypal memo. This way you'll get 2 club t-shirts in March.

Old 05-19-2005, 01:42 PM
              Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
              I have to say, Lokey is the best delearship that I've encountered. Infiniti of Tampa was very apathetic and rude with me, but they sure tried to change their ways when I told them that I was going to Lokey. Thanks again to John and Chris for helping me out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Update on the Vehicle Purchase Program