$116 for a "Z Tube" at Lokey!! HUH!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
$116 for a "Z Tube" at Lokey!! HUH!!!

I was hoping to get a reasonable price from Lokey for the z tube. My local Niisan dealer quoted me $100. EverythingG35 has it for $74.99

I certainly didn't expect them to be higher than the Nissan dealer...especially since Lokey is "tuned in" to the performance market.

Does this price seem wrong to you guys? The parts guy doubled checked that the price was only for the Z tube.

Does anyone know of a shop where I can pick up a Z tube? I am in Vero Beach, FL.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John has said in the past that his NISSAN parts are not "the lowest price around" due to him having to pay NISSAN's mark up. He gets them through NISSAN dealerships just like everyone else does.

It's my understanding that it is Lokey's policy to have a certain percentage of mark up on all items they sell and on some items they simply don't have the cheapest price on the web. Hopefully those who are shy about installing this mod will take advantage of Lokey's "installed pricing structure" where they get the mod installed, warrantied and even have the luxury of getting a loaner car and a free car wash included in their offer.

In my opinion, it is extremely poor form to say things that could be construed as negative to a sponsor of the FGC that has sacrificed as much as Lokey has for us.

Heck, in the 12+ cars they've sold the FGC they've sacrificed over $40,000 of profit. They've given us free lunches, free loaners for mod installs, service discounts, EXCEPTIONAL service (way above and beyond any other INFINITI dealership in the state), the FGC-VPP, a free satellite radio, free stickers, free t-shirts, free cases of oil, free mouse pads... and the sad part is that I'm probably missing several things that they've donated to us. They are a mod friendly dealership and they use INFINITI certified technicians to install the mods that we buy. If they charge a few extra dollars for a mod, so what? I, as a club member who benefits GREATLY from Lokey's involvement, do not have a problem spending an extra few dollars to support this dealership. Then again, I see you aren't even a club member...

John has gotten Lokey to carry these "mods" so that those of us who want dealer installed, warrantied items on our ~$40,000 cars have the option of getting them. If you think their prices are anything other than fair, it would be very good form to keep that opinion to yourself considering all that Lokey Infiniti has done for this very small car club.

Last edited by neffster; 06-15-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
I am not a member, but I'd like to join. I only purchased my G35 5 days ago! I havn't gotten around to signing up.

I didn't say anything negative about Lokey. In fact, what they do for the FGC is amazing. What I was thinking is that the parts guy must be mistaken...especially if nissan charges $100 for full retail.

I was hoping that someone might respond with a different price that they paid Lokey for a Z tube. But maybe that is the price.

Please delete this post if you feel I may have offended one of your sponsors; that was not my intention.

Andrew

Last edited by QuadCam; 06-15-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
doesn't seem wrong if there is a markup which is understandable for retail. everythingg35.com is where i got mine and thats probably the fairest price i found without searching on ebay, you can even check out the classified section forum for a used z-tube for around $40.

Old 06-15-2005, 03:47 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You've been a member for over 2.5 years and just got your G35? Wow. That must have been a long wait. I'm sure you didn't mean to insult our sponsors, but if you really want a cheap Z tube, get a used one. Lokey are great people and they sell any aftermarket part pretty much at cost, not to mention the 10% discount on all installs.

Old 06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
QuadCam/Andrew,

Sorry to hear of the confusion. I think the Parts rep actually came to me when you called. I was in a meeting with another customer, but gave him the info he needed to help you. If he quoted you $116, he made a mistake. Either that or you might have heard him wrong.

Nissan list price on that Z-tube is indeed $100.18 and THAT is what we have it listed at. FGC members receive a 10% discount off that price. Again, there must have been some miscommunication here, and for that I apologize.

Luckily, I happened to drop in here this afternoon to see this. I will mention to everyone here that if you ever have any questions about anything we do, please contact me directly. As much as I've tried to make the G35Driver forums a part of my every day routine, I cannot guarantee that I will always see everything.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
John, your a gentlemen and a scholar! Thanks for the mousepad too!

Old 06-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Finiti35
You've been a member for over 2.5 years and just got your G35? Wow. That must have been a long wait.
It has been. I was just about to buy a 2003.5 6MT Sedan (already had negotiated the price) back in 2003 when I was presented with a deal I couldn't pass up.....a 3 year old Mercedes E320 in mint condition for only $20,000. Additionally, I knew the owner and the history. They were selling it to me for the trade-in value. It was too good to pass up.

At any rate, now I have my G.

Old 06-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
PLEASE tell me you at least bought the G at Lokey. Otherwise.........YOU PAID TOO MUCH

Old 06-15-2005, 08:30 PM
South Motors Infiniti
Holler At Luis ...... Parts Manager ......

Old 06-16-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
I am not a member, but I'd like to join. I only purchased my G35 5 days ago! I havn't gotten around to signing up.

I didn't say anything negative about Lokey. In fact, what they do for the FGC is amazing. What I was thinking is that the parts guy must be mistaken...especially if nissan charges $100 for full retail.

I was hoping that someone might respond with a different price that they paid Lokey for a Z tube. But maybe that is the price.

Please delete this post if you feel I may have offended one of your sponsors; that was not my intention.

Andrew
Andrew,

1. I would not delete a post that doesn't violate forum rules and you're well within your right to ask questions; however, questioning the prices a sponsor charges isn't really the "best choice" one could make for many many reasons and I think you understand what I'm getting at here.

2. If you are a "die hard" FGC Member who really appreciates all that Lokey Infiniti has done for the club then by all means purchase your z-tube from them.

3. If you're simply looking for the best deal on a new z-tube, call around and buy the cheapest one you can. I doubt Lokey Infiniti or South Motors will be the cheapest place.

4. If you're simply looking for the lowest price on a z-tube (and buying a used a-tube doesn't bother you), check out the classified adds on driver and my350z.com. A used plastic tube is just as good as a new plastic tube and they usually go for $40-$50 incl. shipping.

Finally, I'm glad to hear you're interested in joining the FGC. If you have any questions about the club, feel free to PM demonteverde321 (the club secretary/treasurer). He's the guy who's "in the know".

Last edited by neffster; 06-16-2005 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
I bought my Z-tube for $20 That is what you get when you join the Florida G35 Club. Members practically give things away to help out other members. Thanks, Karim!

Old 06-16-2005, 03:30 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
pratically?

I got an exhaust for free and Aliec got a Ztube AND POPCHARGER for free

Thanks again Alan!!!!

Old 06-16-2005, 03:36 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time to return the favor and give me YOUR pop charger...you know, like a club member to a club member, gotta be an example a few more posts tonight and my post count will finally be higher than yours..

Old 06-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dabomb
pratically?

I got an exhaust for free and Aliec got a Ztube AND POPCHARGER for free

Thanks again Alan!!!!
Haha...I thought you were saying "pratically" because I spelled it wrong. So you made me check my spelling three time to realize...you just suck at typing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $116 for a "Z Tube" at Lokey!! HUH!!!