New Eclipse DoubleDin Head Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 02:58 PM
_jb
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Eclipse DoubleDin Head Unit

Just got my new Eclipse AVN5435 Head Unit installed, so i thought I'd post a couple of pictures. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to find the next FGC All-Florida meet, but the Eclipse Nav system will keep me on the right path...

I ordered the Nissan Skyline DoubleDin dash and air conditioner parts from Joshi in Japan.

Big thanks to Terry, Bill, and Matt at Stereorama in Clearwater, Florida for doing the actual installation. It turned out great!!! A Peripheral SWI box connects the steering wheel controls to the Eclipse unit. The On/Off steering wheel button is programmed to mute the stereo instead of turning it on and off... works great... better than it came from the factory!

Next step is to add an amp and better speakers. I won't have that done before the All-Florida meet, but I'm starting to get things together. Does anyone in the FGC have a 4080 box? They look like the ticket for a sub, but I'd like to see one before I order one.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Nice work! How much was everything - parts and installation? I have been looking to put this in and am hearing around $2k for everything, but wanted to make sure I am getting the best deal. Looks great!

Old 10-31-2005, 03:38 PM
So this guy sits across the hall from me and does not eaven say he is getting a major mod....

I guess I will have to just go and look at it though his window....

gald he posted the picks.... look nice

Old 10-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
NICE! Were the able to install it so that it would let you watch a movie when the car is in motion?

Old 10-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by _jb
Next step is to add an amp and better speakers. I won't have that done before the All-Florida meet, but I'm starting to get things together. Does anyone in the FGC have a 4080 box? They look like the ticket for a sub, but I'd like to see one before I order one.
djniknala (Alan) has the 4080 box. I'm sure you can see it at the November 19 meet.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:29 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
o yeh well i got a kenwood ddx7015!!! so ha
but its not installed yet just sittin in my room right now till maybe the weekend if i decide to tackle it.

mike what you doin this weekend i see you in this thread.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:29 PM
FGC President
looks good though. can you post a link of where you got hte swi adapter cause i def need to get one of those asap.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It looks killer. I'm glad to hear that you retained (improved perhaps) the functionality of the steering wheel controls. Food for thought.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:39 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Originally Posted by Gilley
It looks killer. I'm glad to hear that you retained (improved perhaps) the functionality of the steering wheel controls. Food for thought.
Yeah I hate the power switch... a mute is an improvement indeed.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:19 PM
_jb
Photographer

Thanks for all the nice comments!

I'll see if I can answer a few questions.

Originally Posted by UFGatorG35
Nice work! How much was everything - parts and installation? I have been looking to put this in and am hearing around $2k for everything, but wanted to make sure I am getting the best deal. Looks great!
It depends on how much risk you're willing to assume. You can buy them a bit cheaper on eBay or other Internet sites. I wanted mine installed by a certified Eclipse dealer with the full warrantee. Stereorama has installed stereo equipment for me in the past and I have always been very happy with their work. Your price is about right though.

Originally Posted by Ferk
So this guy sits across the hall from me and does not eaven say he is getting a major mod...
Hmm... My bad... But you were in California when I had it installed...

Originally Posted by SFLG35
looks good though. can you post a link of where you got hte swi adapter cause i def need to get one of those asap
I got mine from Stereorama in Clearwater. It's a Peripheral PESWIX. You could call Stereorama or Froogle it if you want to get one on the Net.

Originally Posted by Gilley
Thanks. I've always wished the G had a Mute button the steering wheel. Now it does.

Originally Posted by Foo_G
NICE! Were the able to install it so that it would let you watch a movie when the car is in motion?
Hmm... Touchy subject. Let's just say that I am very happy with the install. Funny thing is that, so far, I have only played DVDs to show people that it plays DVDs. I suppose it would be worthwhile if I get somewhere early and have to wait a while. It's a fun option.

Originally Posted by 98intrigue
djniknala (Alan) has the 4080 box. I'm sure you can see it at the November 19 meet.
Thanks Ryan. I'll check it out.

Is there anything that Alan doesn't have in his car?

Old 10-31-2005, 09:40 PM
THE BATMOBILE
soooooooooooo clean

Old 10-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Very Nice!

Old 10-31-2005, 10:20 PM
_jb, looks awesome!!! I personally don't like the OEM Bose radio/head unit but, until it gives me any problems I'm going have to hang on to it. Do you have the same unit as Steve, with the touch screen?

Old 10-31-2005, 10:22 PM
FGC President
chris im goin to talk to randy at rz on friday about install for your stuff when mine is gettin installed see if we cant get something worked out for you. ill give you a call on friday

Old 10-31-2005, 10:35 PM
DAN, I saw your car today at "Subway" on Dale Malbary around 3 pm. Funny, your only walking distance from "Mons"... Can you still hook me up with those other springs? Unfortunately, I work all day on Friday but, leave me an message or e-mail regarding the price, thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Eclipse DoubleDin Head Unit