Christmas Present - Finished my Audio System!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
excellent. that may well be my set up when i finish shelling out $$$ for other stuff.

Old 12-28-2005, 06:32 PM
_jb
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilley
Sweet choice in components and a nice install. I still need to change out the stock Blose system in my car. I need to get the 4080 box.
You won't be sorry going with 4080's box. The fitment is excellent and so is the sound quality. It is exactly what I was looking for.

Originally Posted by codeflux
excellent. that may well be my set up when i finish shelling out $$$ for other stuff.
Thanks.

I see that you have a Sedan. 4080 also makes a box that fits a 12" sub in the Sedan. I think it's based on the spare tire size. If you have the space saver spare, you can go with a 12" sub... if you have the full size spare, you are limited to a 10" subwoofer.

Old 12-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by _jb
...I think I'm done...
Famous last words... LOL

Awesome job JB. I like the subtile/clean look and the "Nemo" playing on the screen is the icing on the cake for me. I might be doing something like this very soon in the Sequoia, but I'd be adding 2 head rest monitors for my 2 little squirts...

Old 12-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by neffster
Famous last words... LOL

Awesome job JB. I like the subtile/clean look and the "Nemo" playing on the screen is the icing on the cake for me. I might be doing something like this very soon in the Sequoia, but I'd be adding 2 head rest monitors for my 2 little squirts...
Bitten by the modding bug again.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:43 AM
THE BATMOBILE
congrats, looks sick!!!!!!!!!! the double din is so ****king clean or the picture is so clear

Old 12-29-2005, 02:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by _jb
I see that you have a Sedan. 4080 also makes a box that fits a 12" sub in the Sedan. I think it's based on the spare tire size. If you have the space saver spare, you can go with a 12" sub... if you have the full size spare, you are limited to a 10" subwoofer.
yes, i am aware that 4080 makes the 12" sub for sedans. i may have to dump my non-full size spare after i get my Stoptechs - not sure if it'll fit with 14" BBK, but my feeling is that it won't.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
_______________jb, can you also PM w/ the price for everything. i might drive up there if is really worth it

Old 12-29-2005, 01:13 PM
_jb
Photographer

Famous last words... LOL
Hahahaha... You may be right... I need to stop bookmarking threads in the "Wheels" forum...

Thanks! I thought I'd put up a screenshot that was a little different from the norm... "Nemo" is a cool movie, so...

I'll bet your girls would love it. I'd say you deserve something new and fun, Todd! DoubleDin Nav/DVD is a cool mod. Go for it!

Originally Posted by truplay8
congrats, looks sick!!!!!!!!!! the double din is so ****king clean or the picture is so clear
The Eclipse head unit is awesome. The photo is not retouched. I reduced the size to 800px wide and limited the JPeg compression quality so I could squeeze it down to 250kb, but the image is not enhanced in any way. The original image actually looks much better (no jaggies). The trick to taking pictures of electronic components and screens is not to use flash. Flash overpowers the screen image. You have to hold the camera very steady, but the pictures come out much better.

Originally Posted by escobar929
_______________jb, can you also PM w/ the price for everything. i might drive up there if is really worth it
________you've been hanging around Todd too long.

I'll send it (and Ian too), but I have to say that price isn't the only reason to consider Stereorama. They do quality work and pay amazing attention to detail. Matt spent quite a while tuning my amp and it made a significant difference. I wish I could take all you guys for a ride. The sound is awesome... OK, I've probably said that enough... The thing is that it sounds so much better than I hoped for, that I'm still amazed.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Congrats on the install. I had the whole rear of my car out and it looked pretty scary. After I dynomated the whole rear(and I do mean the whole rear) I was still getting rattling from some of the plastic panel clips. I used the old trick of felt where it was just a panel rattling against the car and where the clip was rattling using sound deadening putty that they use in home stereo. My rattles creaped up over a couple months. Just giving you a little heads up. Also you will find that the connector that goes into the rear view mirror will rattle. Again just use some putty. You might not have this problem since I have 900w RMS to one JL 10w6v2(I know I'm overdrinving it) but most likely you will. Don't you just love the 4080 box!
Originally Posted by _jb
Once you yank the dash, door panels, rear panels, rear seats, and trunk out, it looks pretty stark in there. But it was worth it in the end...

It's amazing how much difference a sound system can make in a car!

Last edited by djniknala; 12-30-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:01 PM
FGC General Member
wow that looks clean and the picture is amazing.....nice install

Old 12-30-2005, 06:29 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by djniknala
I used the old trick of felt where it was just a panel rattling against the car and where the clip was rattling using sound deadening putty that they use in home stereo. My rattles creaped up over a couple months. Just giving you a little heads up. Also you will find that the connector that goes into the rear view mirror will rattle. Again just use some putty. You might not have this problem since I have 900w RMS to one JL 10w6v2(I know I'm overdrinving it) but most likely you will.
Thanks for the tips. I hadn't thought of sound deadening putty or felt.

I was afraid that cranking up the bass would cause my mirror to fall off the windshield... I have my Valentine 1 radar detector connected directly to the mirror with one of Mike's mounts. It seems pretty steady so far. Maybe I haven't been cranking it up enough...

Originally Posted by djniknala
Don't you just love the 4080 box!
I do. It provides great sound and looks like an OEM part of the Coupe.

You probably don't remember, but I talked to you a bit about your 4080 box in the restaurant at the All Florida meet. I had never seen one and your comments prompted me to go out and order one. Thanks!

Originally Posted by crazyg35coupe
wow that looks clean and the picture is amazing.....nice install
Thanks, I appreciate the comments.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice and clean

Old 07-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
hey JB can u PM me the price as well on all the stuff u had done..like for example how much was the radio (HD) and how long did it take to install all that stuff?

Old 07-28-2008, 05:48 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by broke_as_ajoke
hey JB can u PM me the price as well on all the stuff u had done..like for example how much was the radio (HD) and how long did it take to install all that stuff?
Each of the two threads I posted took about a day. One day to do the DD dash and Eclipse 5435 installation and a day to do the speakers, amp, and sub-woofers installation. Back in 2005 that was the first DD G35 installation Stereorama ever did. They have done quite a few since then, so it might be faster now.

I'm not sure the prices would be relevant any more. I know the head units have dropped and I imagine the other stuff has too. The DD dash kits have dropped because they sell them in the United States now, too.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
How does the rear speaker stage sound with the 6.5s being open to the rest of the car? im having the issue right now and seeing what people have done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Christmas Present - Finished my Audio System!