Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
yeah, well if i get the roll bar welded in i will cut it all out and make a rear strut brace. i just want all that metal cut out. i really like how this car looks, http://files.automotiveforums.com/ga...yourfriend.com thats pretty much the way i want the back to look

i cant believe the headlights weigh that much, thats insane!!!
Dude congrats on your new project. I allways liked alan's car.......Damn man i think i will be seeing you on speed channel preety soon. I heared a roumor from a good friend that drives an sti that he saw a z at Titan motor sports (supsedly their new project after the supras) that they are building and it has a vortech and already pushing 550rwhp. He also told me that they are still working on it and they are gutting it too.........You are going speed crazy bro take care and be safe................

Old 06-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks man, i will be doing the swap at my house maybe next weekend, i will let you know if you want to stop by and help/check it out.

it will be crazy and im sure traction will be the biggest problem!!

Old 06-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
thanks man, i will be doing the swap at my house maybe next weekend, i will let you know if you want to stop by and help/check it out.

it will be crazy and im sure traction will be the biggest problem!!

let me know......do you live on the east side by ucf near the track????

Old 06-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Jeremy - yes that will work with that bar across, yet I believe if you read the rules on roll bars it states that the two bars that go back from the main hoop must attach to structural memebers on the car. That roll bar in the picture would not meet that as they are attached to the new tower strut bar. Like I said, I think - so just saying read into it before coping that design.

Yea - the weight of the lights suprised me too, Rickdogg on my350z said that on one of his threads, so I had to go check it out for myself. I actually think his car weighs less than your does.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:15 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
actually his car weighs the same as mine 2800, well mine is at 2780 but he has a full cage in. he has carbon fiber hood, hatch and doors. i talk to him sometimes about some stuff. that car that i put a link up to actually races in a lot of NASA pro events. here is the link. its pretty interesting. http://www.automotiveforums.com/350z/ check it out.

when you see the pics of the car, make sure you click on the other pages of pics that are there. lots of cool stuff you will find very interesting....

CJ, i live off fairbanks and I-4 area. i will let ya know whats going on.

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 06-15-2006 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:30 AM
I read the rules on the roll bar - you design would work if both bars where welded to the mounting plate and to each other for at least 2" of continuous weld.

Just remember, some inspectors miss some things, where others don't and you don't want to drive all the way to an event just to be told you can't drive because of the roll bar.

The CF doors seem like a waste of money - around $8000 for a pair. Now the hatch is reasonable at $2000 and probably saves you a lot more weight.

Now that you have taken off the front aluminum bar behind the front bumper, you will need to make up a way for them to attach a wench to your car. This is a requirement for road racing so they can quickly remove your car from the track. Are you going to make up some kind of bracket for this? I was just going to use the stock Eyelet for myself, but that attaches to the aluminum bar.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by MoodDude
Now that you have taken off the front aluminum bar behind the front bumper, you will need to make up a way for them to attach a wench to your car. This is a requirement for road racing so they can quickly remove your car from the track. Are you going to make up some kind of bracket for this? I was just going to use the stock Eyelet for myself, but that attaches to the aluminum bar.
Be careful, usually the stock eyelets are recessed under the bumper. When they put a strap to these, it may damage the bumper if they are pulling up at all (hooked to a toe truck). I don't know how the Z's eyelets are placed, so I may be wrong and talking out my a$$ which I usually do, but.... I had to make an extended tow eyelet for the RX-7 trackcar in order not to do damage to the bumper.

Last edited by TrackHoRX8; 06-15-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
the stock tow hook screw right into the bumper support in the front. i am about to have a intercooler there that replaces it. so who cares!!!

all that carbon fiber crap is just overpriced crap...

i might be ordering a rear hatch lexan window soon, i found a company that makes them and has them for under 300. on my old integra the glass on the hatch weighed like 30 pounds and it is about the same size. if it is nice lexan and done right you cant tell the difference from the stock glass...

and thats the best weight to get rid of. up high!!

Old 06-15-2006, 10:07 PM
My intercooler fits behind the bumper support so mine is still there. The eyelet extends beyone the bumper so it won't screw it up when they toe it.

If the Lexan works out let me know, I bet the Z's big window in back is probably heavier than that. If it works for you I might get one too.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:43 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
yeah its pretty cheap. i might order it tomorrow, they also have the side door windows and the little side windows, not really sure how the side door windows would work, i am thinking they would have to be fixed. thats not cool... and the side little windows wouldnt weigh much at all

Old 06-15-2006, 11:56 PM
are you a Broker? SW?

Old 06-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by davidmessina
are you a Broker? SW?
hey bro, were you directing this at one of us or did you accidently post this in the wrong thread??

Old 06-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by davidmessina
are you a Broker? SW?

I am. Do you need somthing???

Old 06-16-2006, 09:30 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
mike witht eh big greddy intercooler the front bumper support doesnt fit on the car anymore. and since jeremy already has it off i dont think that is one of his concerns.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:21 AM
I didn't know he was getting the greddy and have heard you have to remove the support to fit that kit.
Jermey, I would really look at an oil cooler since you turbo's are going to really heat it up. Most people with TT just add an oil cooler instead of a larger radiator. I did both since I track the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..