Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well guys, I had a wonderful time. It was good to finally meet everyone. Eric and Jeremy, thanks a lot for setting this up. Chris, hope the car is ok, good luck with it.

I really had a great time. In fact, I don't think I've ever had as much fun standing around in the rain all day. The track was a lot of fun, the people were great, and the weather.... well, it started out well and ended well. You all have some very impressive machines. Thanks for letting the rotary guy hang out with you. It was good to meet everyone finally. I hope we do it again really soon. I'll post some information on upcoming track days as I find out about them.

Last edited by TrackHoRX8; 06-03-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:29 PM
I made it home in one piece and so did my car.

That was a really great day. Thanks to Eric for getting this thing together and I don't think we could of had a better set up for that track.

I am going to check out the video and pics and see how they turned out.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm tired so I just copied my post from the other forum

That was a great way to spend a Saturday guy's!!I had such a good time out there with all of you,Jeremy I have to say a big thanks goes out to you.I'm not sure if some of the guy's realize you played the main part of recruiting for this track day.It would of never happened without your help and I'm glad we turned out to be good friends.
Thats a fun track accually more challenging than it looks on paper,and we got to experience it dry,wet,dry.That was really cool we got to push the cars in the wet as well.It was great getting together with all of you out there today and look forward to getting together again.
I will try to get some pics/vid up tomorrow.
Thanks everyone for helping make this day happen!
Eric

Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
fun times
thanks for settin it up eric and jeremy and thanks to you levent and mike for the coaching and the tips.

on a side note though, if anyone finds a black phone in one of their bags please let ian know cause he lost his out there.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:55 PM
_jb
Photographer

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Can't wait to see the pictures...

Old 06-04-2006, 01:16 PM
FGC President
just so everyone know this is the largest thread in teh fgc section and its not even a post ***** thread. it actually contains usefull information.

and where are the pictures someone needs to hurry up and get those put up.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:27 PM
FGC President
here are the only 4 pics that i took.

as you can see some people had problems with goin in the dirt
i was one of those people but here eric is the first victim of the day.
did anyone happen to get pics of my o so close 360??

Attached Thumbnails Renting Track for a day..-gainsville-raceway-6-3-06-001s.jpg   Renting Track for a day..-gainsville-raceway-6-3-06-002s.jpg   Renting Track for a day..-gainsville-raceway-6-3-06-003s.jpg   Renting Track for a day..-gainsville-raceway-6-3-06-004s.jpg  
Old 06-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Copied from my post made at my350Z:

I just wanted to chime in and say that I had a great time meeting everyone at the Gainesville Race Way and learning what my car could do on a real road course as it was my first time. It was a great experience. Would I do it again? Definately in the future.

Allot of thanks should go to Eric/Beddow and Jeremy/audiblemayhem in putting this together and gathering people to join this event. You guys put together an awesome meet. Last but not least, thank you Mike/Mooddude and Levent/Trackhorx8 for teaching us first timers the rules and procedures of the road course and giving me pointers on entering/exiting the turns (thanks Levent (or is it Lavent? sorry for sp) for giving me advice and letting me ride with you while scouting out the track. I definately have a new respect for Rx-8's).

Some memorable highlights for me was:

watching Dan/SFLG35 do a near 360 coming out of a turn. (that was awesome to see, Dan, LOL)

watching Chris drift around the track in his black top 240sx.

watching Levent/Trackhorx8 catch up to and chase down a C5 (that was some nice driving skill)

and...

who could forget that G35 Sedan? That guy definately pushed his car to its limits (till it overheated!)

Had allot of fun and learned allot. Thank to everyone for coming out and making the event what it was.

Also, if anyone found a black samsung phone among your bags or stuff. Please pm me...thanks...

Old 06-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Here are most of all the pics my wife took,I would have more but some how the camera ended up taking the trip with Jenny and my wife off property .

Old 06-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Just cleaned out the car. It was a bit muddy from my little "excursion" offtrack. I'm still smiling from the track day. Again, I had a blast. We'll definitely have to do it again.

This stuff is addictive for me, so if you enjoyed it too, here are some HPDE (High Performance Driver's Education) and Track Day Links:

NASA Southeast (This is the organization I usually do track days and schools with. They are two day track days with an instructor in your car. You learn a heck of a lot) For tracks like Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, Rockingham, Carolina Motorsports Park...

http://www.nasa-southeast.com

NASA Florida : Similar to the above, but for tracks like Sebring, Moroso, and Homestead...

http://www.drivenasafl.com/

Online Track Schedule for tracks throughout the US for all sorts of club events:

http://www.trackschedule.com/sched.html

Seat Time at Roebling Road (Savannah, GA) which is one of the best track time for the money events you can get.

http://www.seat-time.com/html/main.htm

Last edited by TrackHoRX8; 06-04-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Levent beat me to it, I was going to give you guys the links he did.

Here are some pictures, obviously I am not that picture crazy, so all the pictures are of me driving. Enjoy:

Old 06-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice pics guys. i am going to get an account on photobucket or something similar and post up a few more, videos anyone??

i have roughly 20 pics that jenny took so i will do that right now.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
here are some pics, they resized some of them on photobucket...

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 06-04-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
What the hell is this looks like a Bigfoot sighting!!

Old 06-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
bigfoot with little john in the back!!

O K !!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..