Renting Track for a day..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
those are all great ideas and similar to the ones we have. we will probably have four track timers, two on track and two in the next in line, that way it will be ready to go as soon as someone is done....
This is true we will have lap timers at the next event,if Don allows us to.But Me and Jeremy will not be moving them in and out of cars for nothing.I was thinking 20-30 bux for lap times all day long.The lap timers will not only let you know how quick you are around the track but also seeing if different lines or adjustments helped or hurt you.We will be putting out $1000.00+ in timing equipment so $30 if someone wants lap times seems fair.

Hey Moody by your in car vid how long did it take for a lap in your hotrod.Did you check that out yet?Same ? to Levent if you had in car as well.

My wife only got me 2 full laps recorded and the first lap before I went off was 1.11:7-1.12.2 my wife moved sideways about 15-20ft. so I have a hard time trying to place the start/finish spot.She stayed still while recording my 4-5th lap and I clocked right at 1.09.93.That was my first session so I know I dropped some time by the end of the day but I have no idea how much.

Eric

Old 06-07-2006, 07:08 PM
If you guys where ever thinking about driving Road Atlanta - now is your chance. NASA SE just started allowing HPDE sign up for there August 12 and 13th event. This event fills up fast - so sign up now if you want to go!!!

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2006Aug12.html

Old 06-07-2006, 07:11 PM
The only video I took was in the rain. So times are meaningless. Also, the coarse was set up so that horsepower would not be a factor. I think Chris timed my last laps at 1.09 - same as yours. Like I said - you and Levent looked the fastest out there. Now - put my car at Roebling or Road Atlanta, and you will see what some hp can do for you!

Old 06-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by MoodDude
The only video I took was in the rain. So times are meaningless. Also, the coarse was set up so that horsepower would not be a factor. I think Chris timed my last laps at 1.09 - same as yours. Like I said - you and Levent looked the fastest out there. Now - put my car at Roebling or Road Atlanta, and you will see what some hp can do for you!
Horsepower is the easy part,its being able to drive the power through the turns that takes time.So if you think your the only 350z that can be made to go fast down the straights think again weird sock man!

Old 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
If you guys where ever thinking about driving Road Atlanta - now is your chance. NASA SE just started allowing HPDE sign up for there August 12 and 13th event. This event fills up fast - so sign up now if you want to go!!!

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2006Aug12.html

I'll be there. I may work this event instead of driving it, we'll see.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:39 PM

More so in RoadA's case. Roebling is a momentum track. RoadA is a mix of both. My buddies in an 89hp CRX ITB car can drive Road A in under 1:50. My times in my car with R-compounds are around 1:55. Then again, they don't brake for turn 1.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by beddow
Horsepower is the easy part,its being able to drive the power through the turns that takes time.So if you think your the only 350z that can be made to go fast down the straights think again weird sock man!
You only wish you had cool socks like mine . And I don't think mine is the only car that can go fast!

And coming out of the last turn at Roebling shows you what a balanced car can do.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Jeremy, nice video, but try to put it on normal speed next time.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:35 AM
guys www.safemotorsports.com has a track day here in sebring coming up. 22 july. should be plenty of room still.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:57 AM
would love to go, but I will be in Alaska on July 22nd. I will probably be going to Sebring sometime in fall.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Red Gump
guys www.safemotorsports.com has a track day here in sebring coming up. 22 july. should be plenty of room still.
Gump I am going to renue my membership with Safe Motorsport.I would love to get back to Sebring but do not think I will make this one.Do you think You can help Jeremy get approved for membership since he would need previous on track experience to join?If you were to tell Phil you would take him under your wing for the day to have him ride with you and show him the line and then ride with him to make sure he is fine out on track,that could work do you think?He might not even have to pay the membership fee for that day just the event fee.Let me know because I really want Jeremy to be a Safe Motorsports member.
Eric B

Old 06-08-2006, 01:09 PM
I think that Jeremy actually has some real potential to become a great driver, once someone just shows him a few things. For not driving at an instructed coarse, he got alot of the basics down already.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks guys, yeah, i think i have potential, i love to learn, i love to watch. so i am ready to do this. i have always wanted to but i never really had the money to do it in life. Now i do!!! so i better do this before i have kids and stuff like that to deal with.

oh dont worry mike. if everything at the bank goes well in a few minutes, i will take you on a horsepower track for sure.

i am not saying anything till its finalized...

Old 06-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Jeremy - Just remember if you improve you hp to improve your braking and handling. The braking and handling was designed for the stock hp - I am sure you know this. I really don't think that after 450 to 500rwhp is useful on a road coarse. I think that even my car has to much, that is why I re-tuned it to have less hp, I was at 460, 440 is perfect. Just make sure if you install a turbo, that it is sized right and you install a lightweight harmonic balancer and flywheel. Or else you will be on the gas in the corner slowly bringing up the power and then all of the sudden your turbo (s) will spool up and you won't like the results.

If you want to cut cost, hit the track events I do. I usually get free hotel nights stays and you are more than welcome to stay with me.
The July event is at Birmingham, AL at Barber. This is a brand new track and is suppose to be a world class facility. I have never been there, but everyone talks about how great it is, same thing with Road Atlanta.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im not the kinda person that likes to say stuff and then it not happen, so i am keeping hush, i am going over the final details right now. i will be open wastegates only for the track events, but should easily be capable of say 700+

hehehe

i will know soon, i will have a fluid balanced harmonic balancer on it. i will have some AP or Wilwoods really soon also. in the next month for sure!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renting Track for a day..