Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech Gargle at Idle.any solution?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vortech Gargle at Idle.any solution?

Supposedly, Nissan techs could plug their little gameboy thing into my car and raise the idle to 800rpms. That would definitely take care of the problem...because it only really gargles under that...BUT...they said that can't do it. The cars computer automatically controls idle rpms.
Once above around 800rpms...all I get is the little super charger whine, which is cool...its that gargle that I want to get rid of. Makes my car sound like its about to break or something.

Any other solutions to quiet this beast down?
Friend of mine just put the turbonetics kit in and his car at idle is just like stock....wish mind sounded a little more like that.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:34 AM
they dealer BS'd you caues they don't know the answer. Gonna have to find another dealer or ask to talk with their lead tech and not one of the guys who specializes in changing oil - and don't talk to a service advisor, they don't know the newer cars very well compared to the lead tech

other options - have technosquare raise the idle
buy the cipher and have that raise the idle

Old 05-25-2006, 03:10 PM
check your vacuum for leaks or possibly the blowoff valve/bypass valve, stock supercharger kits have super extra duper ****ty bypass/blowoffs. Open up your engine bay and put your hand over the openning of the blowoff/bypass cover it completely and let the car idle. If the car still idles ****ty you prob. have bigger issues that needs to be addressed. I had this issue as well but purchased a nice blowoff and its been fine since.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:40 PM
i'm thinking what he's experiencing is normal. My idle is 950 and it idles nice - even better with the AC on to jump idle up to 1000-1100

Old 05-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Team Transport Member
I dont know what your complaining about Prochargers sound like a damn meat grinder at idle. Dude your FI just deal with side affects the pros are so much more then the cons

At least Vortech gets a filter on the unit. We get chicken mess that doesnt help for ****

Old 05-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mcy4ever
check your vacuum for leaks or possibly the blowoff valve/bypass valve, stock supercharger kits have super extra duper ****ty bypass/blowoffs. Open up your engine bay and put your hand over the openning of the blowoff/bypass cover it completely and let the car idle. If the car still idles ****ty you prob. have bigger issues that needs to be addressed. I had this issue as well but purchased a nice blowoff and its been fine since.
If you put your hand over the BOV and keep the air from coming out . Of course its going to idle chitty . The ECU has adjusted itself to get a certain amount of air at idle . If you increase that air at idle [ putting your hand over the bypaass valve ] it will take time to adjust to the new air going in the motor .

The gurgle at idle is the gears in the jackshaft . You cant get around it other than raising the idle . And on 06 G's and Z's I dont think you can raise the idle . [ not sure ]

Old 05-25-2006, 11:18 PM
thanks for your suggestions...
absolutely right though...the pros definitely far outweigh the cons by having FI.

Old 05-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
From what I understand, any 2004.5 or newer G has an ECU that cannot adjust the idle... I had my early 2004 idle adjusted at the dealer, yes he just plugged in the gameboy looking thing and tapped the up arrow for the idle and voila, no more gargle!

Old 05-31-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by BeerViper
From what I understand, any 2004.5 or newer G has an ECU that cannot adjust the idle... I had my early 2004 idle adjusted at the dealer, yes he just plugged in the gameboy looking thing and tapped the up arrow for the idle and voila, no more gargle!

at wat rpm does the rattle goes away??

Is there any other option to raise the idle other than the TS ecu?

Old 05-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
It goes away around 750 - 800 rpm's for me. I don't know of any other way to get rid of it... some have tried to isolate and dampen the noise. For some it is vibration of the IC piping and others it is the cog assembly.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I always have the A/C on (Florida ); I don't think I've ever seen my idle below 800 rps with the A/C on.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:21 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by booger
If you put your hand over the BOV and keep the air from coming out . Of course its going to idle chitty . The ECU has adjusted itself to get a certain amount of air at idle . If you increase that air at idle [ putting your hand over the bypaass valve ] it will take time to adjust to the new air going in the motor .

The gurgle at idle is the gears in the jackshaft . You cant get around it other than raising the idle . And on 06 G's and Z's I dont think you can raise the idle . [ not sure ]
+1, have a dealer raise the idle...

Old 06-02-2006, 09:51 AM
I was able to find a tech at my dealer that was able to do it.
I had him raise the idle to 800rpms...so no more gargle!!! THANK GOD!!!

Now my question is ... should I get my car retuned? What changed in my car with the idle raised??? Is it just purely idling at 800...and nothing else is affected?

Old 06-02-2006, 01:39 PM
thats news to me.. so does that mean 05 can do it also??

Old 06-02-2006, 02:13 PM
If its able to be done on an 06 ... I can't imagine why it wouldn't be able to be done on an 05.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vortech Gargle at Idle.any solution?