Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

eManage Tuner in South Florida

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eManage Tuner in South Florida

I have purchased the following mods:

Kinetix Intake Manifold (thermal coated locally in South FLA)
Crome z-tube (thermal coated locally in South FLA) and Pop Charger
Test Pipes (should i thermal coat?)
Alpha Werks Headers (should i thermal coat?)
Borla Exhaust

I got my hands on an eManage at a great price and want to install the piggyback unit. Any recommendations on shops in the South FLA area? I'm looking for an installation/tune.

2005 6MT Coupe

on a side note i've heard mixed reviews about the borla exhaust. I know i won't see much HP from the install, but does the exhaust sound better than OEM?

Last edited by jw0039; 06-16-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:45 PM
What did you pay for your Emanage...is it the Ultimate?

SPG here in Houston wants $1500 to install the Emanage w/ a tune (I am not sure if it is the Ultimate.....it better be for that price).

I think that is kind of steep, although SPG has a good rep.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-14-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
What did you pay for your Emanage...is it the Ultimate?

SPG here in Houston wants $1500 to install the Emanage w/ a tune (I am not sure if it is the Ultimate.....it better be for that price).

I think that is kind of steep, although SPG has a good rep.
Its actually the eManage blue not the Ultimate. I got brand new 440cc injectors and the eManage from a friend who had the Greedy TT kit on his G. Since he has stand-alone engine management he gave me the eManage blue and the injectors for $100.

Last edited by jw0039; 06-14-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Wow...thats a steal

Old 06-14-2006, 11:23 PM
indeed. i couldn't say no. great steal.
***interesting facts below***
after i dyno'ed my car today i spoke with the tuner. he told me installing the eManage blue wouldn't be useful with my motor because the OEM ECU re-maps the air/fuel all the time. Wouldn't adding a piggy-back enable a more aggressive air/fuel ratio? Future plans include injectors, a walbro, and NOS. Those mods justify the need for the eManage, correct?

Old 06-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jw0039
indeed. i couldn't say no. great steal.
***interesting facts below***
after i dyno'ed my car today i spoke with the tuner. he told me installing the eManage blue wouldn't be useful with my motor because the OEM ECU re-maps the air/fuel all the time. Wouldn't adding a piggy-back enable a more aggressive air/fuel ratio? Future plans include injectors, a walbro, and NOS. Those mods justify the need for the eManage, correct?
You need an Emanage Ultimate or an Apexi S-AFCII.

They piggy back. If you only need AF control - NA modded - save your dough and go Apexi - if you need constant control of timing as well - Emanage Ultimate.

Rick

Old 06-15-2006, 12:56 AM
THE BATMOBILE
billet design, japtrix, or lujan motorsports

Old 06-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
You need an Emanage Ultimate or an Apexi S-AFCII.

They piggy back. If you only need AF control - NA modded - save your dough and go Apexi - if you need constant control of timing as well - Emanage Ultimate.

Rick
Thanks for your advise. After doing some additional research it appears i'll have to choose between the eManage Ultimate and the UTEC. A tune is necessary in my case and hopefully with the right tuner I can make 15 - 20 rwhp.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by jw0039
Thanks for your advise. After doing some additional research it appears i'll have to choose between the eManage Ultimate and the UTEC. A tune is necessary in my case and hopefully with the right tuner I can make 15 - 20 rwhp.
Given the choice - I'd go e-manage..

Old 06-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Emanage is cheaper but doesn't give rev limit option...Rick, do you think that is needed?

I always shift before rev limt (6600).

Old 06-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Emanage is cheaper but doesn't give rev limit option...Rick, do you think that is needed?

I always shift before rev limt (6600).
OK - my turn to learn - I don't know much about the UTEC details, as I have the TS reflash, which takes care of lots of those pieces - so does the UTEC handle rev limit, timing, and other?

If so, then it would seem that the UTEC is the Emanage and TS flash is one unit, correct? Are there other things the UTEC does that the TS flash does as well?

I'd love to get a feature comparison from someone. TS in one column - UTEC in another - emanage in another. I know that emanage is basically AF and Timing adjustments - that's all. I know what TS gives you timing adjustments, rev limit, AF, governor lift, etc. - though not when you want it at a tuner. But I dont know what UTEC really gives you other than the same features as emanage.

My understanding is that other than TS, most of the other piggy backs can't do too much other than AF and timing adjustments, and if that's the case, why spend more for the same result?

Now - to answer your question - sorry - if you can get an extra 500 RPM or so - why wouldn't you?

Rick

Old 06-17-2006, 04:40 PM
I think the UTEC can be described as the EU and TS flash in one unit. Don't forget that the EU has data mapping, a huge tool for getting the most out of ur engine. The EU enables u to do a lot of small things (over something that just manages A/F ratios) that can add up to significant performance differences. The EU is an ECU piggy back and the UTEC is standalone.

I went over to my 350z and researched both (go to tuner section). If I were in ur shoes, Rick, I would probably go w/ the UTEC....actually, I would go w/ the HKS F-con....the God of all management systems. Think about it: The UTEC and F-con can do everything plus more than a reflash and it can be done while ur car is beeing tuned. TS has to guess at all ur settings. W/ data mapping you can really fine tune.

For my purposes which will probably remain, god help me, N/A, the EU is plenty, plus my tuner (SGP) has tons of experience w/ the EU (although he really wants me to install the F-con....not gonna spend 3K).

Since u have a 26K motor and are going FI, Rick, u should probably consider the F-con.

Me, I think I will learn to be happy w/ what I will have after I install my new exhaust (best one out, right Rick) test pipes, EU and good tune. I hope to make 275whp. My G is, after all a luxury car.

In 2 years I am going to buy a Shelby Mustang GT500 and get my max horsepower fix that way.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-17-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Contact roger @ ***-trix (561) 881.8801

Old 06-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok... the utec does EVERYTHING that the emanage ultimate does except look pretty and have a target air fuel ratio.

THEN.... it has a rev limit that you can set yourself, 5 on the fly maps you can choose WHILE driving, a knock retard that retards your timing immediately when it senses ANY knock, a spare solenoid switch that you can control nitrous etc with, you can set this to work just like a window switch for rpms AND a WOT throttle switch for any TPS you would like...

its hands down a better plug and play buy and will cost you just about the same as the EU and autosport harness...

pm me if anyone has any questions, and i am not even trying to sell them, i just like helping people out...

i will be opening a shop specializing in utec tuning here soon in orlando, we need a good shop to bring these units to that does a good job and understands everything they do. im still looking at a few months before my doors open and just like to share my knowledge

edit... IMS the utec allows you to make full maps for your fuel and timing, these maps can alter the MAF voltage OR can input injector pulsewidths....

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 06-17-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Audible....There seem to be many like you who are big fans of the UTEC (although it is about a third more expensive than the EU...my best price on the UTEC, sans harness was $899).

Let me ask u 2 Q's: 1. Do you think the EU is adequate for my needs (see sig) and 2: What do u think of the f-con (which is considerably more expensive than the UTEC)?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: eManage Tuner in South Florida