Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Which A-Pillar Gauge Pod should I get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
So is the Autometer a better fit for my coupe, than the Intense Motorsports one?
i just got the autometer and it fits like a glove.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i cant seem to find the autometer pod for our cars, whered u find yours and does it came in tan?

Old 08-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by draxxus07
i cant seem to find the autometer pod for our cars, whered u find yours and does it came in tan?
i had the shop who welded the o2 bung in order it.they had to go straight to autometer to get it.and it only comes in black,i forgot to paint mine first (duh) so now i have to tape it up and paint it.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Do you know what paint would match up good?
I am in the same boat as you...
I was just thinking going to a hobby shop and getting some
plastic paints to match it. Do you also need to sand the pillar
and primer it? (SOrry I'm a noob at painting things)

Old 08-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey Triple8... I have the Zeitronix and have it mounted in the sunglass holder, I do not have it flipped down all the time during normal driving... I have it down when I am doing some WOT runs... I love it there, it comes dows at the flip of a switch and is easy to see and read there.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by ughhness
Do you know what paint would match up good?
I am in the same boat as you...
I was just thinking going to a hobby shop and getting some
plastic paints to match it. Do you also need to sand the pillar
and primer it? (SOrry I'm a noob at painting things)
im just gonna use duplicolor with some plastic primer.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by Triji
Hey Triple8... I have the Zeitronix and have it mounted in the sunglass holder, I do not have it flipped down all the time during normal driving... I have it down when I am doing some WOT runs... I love it there, it comes dows at the flip of a switch and is easy to see and read there.
I like that idea....

Old 08-18-2006, 02:25 AM
I dont think putting the zeitronix in the sun glass holder is practical. U bought the monitoring device to monitor your motor so how can u monitor it when its covered? Also, how safe is it when u at wot and u have to take your eyes off the raod to look up at the sunglass holder to see if your running lean? If your going to put the zeitronix in the sunglass holder then theres no pt really having one bc u arent going to use it (more for show).

Old 08-18-2006, 02:44 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
I dont think putting the zeitronix in the sun glass holder is practical. U bought the monitoring device to monitor your motor so how can u monitor it when its covered? Also, how safe is it when u at wot and u have to take your eyes off the raod to look up at the sunglass holder to see if your running lean? If your going to put the zeitronix in the sunglass holder then theres no pt really having one bc u arent going to use it (more for show).

I have a Zeitronix in my sunglass holder and use it quite often. It sure is not for show, you can’t see it! When I am at WOT and glance up to make sure my A/F is in the safe range it’s not a problem. I’m not going to look up in a corner nor am I going to be WOT in one or in traffic! That would not be safe regardless of where your gauges are. It depends on your FI set-up but I have no need to constantly be looking at mine. Just from time to time making sure everything is safe. It was easy and inexpensive to put there. Plus my G is an 04’ so no sunglasses fit there anyway.

Last edited by ttrank; 08-18-2006 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
im just gonna use duplicolor with some plastic primer.
Have you heard of krylon fusion paints? They are suppose to stick to plastic without sanding or primering. -http://www.krylon.com/
I'm going to try this and I will let you guys know how it goes.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
I have a Zeitronix in my sunglass holder and use it quite often. It sure is not for show, you can’t see it! When I am at WOT and glance up to make sure my A/F is in the safe range it’s not a problem. I’m not going to look up in a corner nor am I going to be WOT in one or in traffic! That would not be safe regardless of where your gauges are. It depends on your FI set-up but I have no need to constantly be looking at mine. Just from time to time making sure everything is safe. It was easy and inexpensive to put there. Plus my G is an 04’ so no sunglasses fit there anyway.

I agree 100%... Having the Zeitronix in the sunglass holder works great for me. I do not jump on WOT in traffic and for normal driving I do not use it since I am running safe. I think a A-pillar set up is more for show since it is right there in your face.... I like to have mine hidden so when I do line up with someone they do not look over and see my guages to know I am boosting...

Old 08-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank

I still dont think it's a good place. I didnt say its not possible but your eyes are everywhere making it unsafe for everyone when u boost. U have to look up, straight at the road, then look at your rev limiit, etc so how can one do everything at once without feeling pressured? If one does get the zeitronix, at least put it in the compartment where the oem navi is suppose to come out or somewhere your eyes can still see it when u are looking straight.
To me, I rather have the AEM wideband (or similiar) so I dont really have to look at the numbers on the gauge but more by the colors (in the corner of my eyes) if I need to back off at WOT. I guess i'm more of a function over looks kinda guy.

Old 08-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just installed a autometer pillar in a coupe last weekend. Fits perfectly. As for having it painted, he took the pillar to a interior shop and had them paint it. He gave them one of his head rests so they could color match it.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:00 PM
I ended up buying the black one from Intense. Gonna just leave it black, even though it won't match the other a-pillar. I never really liked the 2 tone anyways...