Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Larger Blower Upgrade For Stillen On It's Way?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
its actually pretty easy to install the stage 4.just rewire the new fmu to the old wires,color to color,replace the pulley,the fuel pump and the hardest part the 7th injector.on the coupe you need tiny fingers to start the longer screws that hold the injector retainer.it took me about 2 hours,with most of that time doing the 7th injector.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superchargedg
its actually pretty easy to install the stage 4.just rewire the new fmu to the old wires,color to color,replace the pulley,the fuel pump and the hardest part the 7th injector.on the coupe you need tiny fingers to start the longer screws that hold the injector retainer.it took me about 2 hours,with most of that time doing the 7th injector.
Yeah...Stillen won't touch anything that is not CARB legal. They won't even change out the pulley if you wanted to go stage III. I thought about doing it myself, but I know the fuel pump requires some mods to it and I would also need to change out the O-ring as well. Just not confident enough to do it. But here in CA, just about everyone goes to Stillen to do their stg II install, so i can't find anyone who is familiar enough with the kit to do the stg IV. I thought about going to GT Motorsports or maybe VRT. Anyone have any recommendations?

Old 08-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mokc
Who is doing your install for you?
gt motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga. Firast time dealing with them. They come highly recomended.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Toptoneone
gt motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga. Firast time dealing with them. They come highly recomended.
Very cool!! Thanks!! Please let us know how your install goes, because I'll probably be next in line!!

Old 08-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Yeah...Stillen won't touch anything that is not CARB legal. They won't even change out the pulley if you wanted to go stage III. I thought about doing it myself, but I know the fuel pump requires some mods to it and I would also need to change out the O-ring as well. Just not confident enough to do it. But here in CA, just about everyone goes to Stillen to do their stg II install, so i can't find anyone who is familiar enough with the kit to do the stg IV. I thought about going to GT Motorsports or maybe VRT. Anyone have any recommendations?

The mod to the fuel pump is just taking off a few tabs. It's simple.
If that is your concern have Stillen change the pump, that would not change the CARB. It's an easy change if you have a couple hours.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
The mod to the fuel pump is just taking off a few tabs. It's simple.
If that is your concern have Stillen change the pump, that would not change the CARB. It's an easy change if you have a couple hours.
The walbro 255 at least for the coupe has to have some modifications to it inorder to get it fit. None the less, I tried asking Stillen ...asked to just put in the fuel pump, change the ss box, and injector and leave the stgII pulley. Technically will still be a stg II. The ss box only affects it at high rpm, so i am told, so i should be able to run it with a stg II pulley as long as i don't get a heavy foot, should just be very rich on the top end. I would change the pulley myself. But they wouldn't do that also. I finally just gave up and just looking else where to try to get a quality install.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:04 PM
The walbro 255 at least for the coupe has to have some modifications to it inorder to get it fit. None the less, I tried asking Stillen ...asked to just put in the fuel pump, change the ss box, and injector and leave the stgII pulley. Technically will still be a stg II. The ss box only affects it at high rpm, so i am told, so i should be able to run it with a stg II pulley as long as i don't get a heavy foot, should just be very rich on the top end. I would change the pulley myself. But they wouldn't do that also. I finally just gave up and just looking else where to try to get a quality install.
Have you try Miller Infiniti of Van Nuys?

Old 08-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by nate4598
Have you try Miller Infiniti of Van Nuys?
No i haven't tried Miller Inifiniti, but i do recall that they screwed up your install, didn't they? Wasn't there some issues with your setup and you had to go back to Stillen to get them to correct the problems?

Old 08-19-2006, 12:45 PM
No i haven't tried Miller Inifiniti, but i do recall that they screwed up your install, didn't they? Wasn't there some issues with your setup and you had to go back to Stillen to get them to correct the problems?
As I was told, their techs were sent to Stillen to get more training after that screwed up

Last edited by nate4598; 08-19-2006 at 12:47 PM.