Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Limits of ST?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read the instructions and it seems pretty much bolt-on. Plus the sweet part is my car isn't my daily driver so it's pretty much a project which I can take as much time as I want...

Good luck to you aswell!

Old 08-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Alright! I can't take it anymore. All these post about APS... Look MANY of us will tell you from experience, "This kit has tons of problems". It is complete but I have had it for over a year and only driven my car for about 3 months. See my and other post on my350z. Please learn from my mistakes and go with any other kit. I wish I had gone with Greddy TT. Sorry.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I know this will draw some questions so bring it on after you search.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by beastie
Alright! I can't take it anymore. All these post about APS... Look MANY of us will tell you from experience, "This kit has tons of problems".
The ST kit early days had one tech problem (some faulty oil check valvs) which was rectified over 6 months ago, other than that small problem the ST system has been awesome if installed and tuned corretly with a low restriction exhaust system. I've covered more than 27,000 miles in 15 months without a single issue (other than the stock clutch) and the 390 whp keeps me very happy.

James

Old 08-04-2006, 02:34 AM
Alright! I can't take it anymore. All these post about APS... Look MANY of us will tell you from experience, "This kit has tons of problems". It is complete but I have had it for over a year and only driven my car for about 3 months. See my and other post on my350z. Please learn from my mistakes and go with any other kit. I wish I had gone with Greddy TT. Sorry.
not trying to draw conclusions from your threads but it sounds more like a faulty install, if everything was installed good and double checked then my bad dont mean to step on your toes... plus by now most of the quirks on the ST that alot of the ST kits had during the original GB are worked out

Old 08-04-2006, 09:33 AM
I know this will draw some questions so bring it on after you search.
Call Irshad at GRD. Part instock. Problem sloved.

Hopefully....

Thanks GRD!!!! I should have bought/called them in the first place!!!!
Found your post over on my350 and the only real problem you had was with your oil solenoid and APS Customer Server?

it's funny i've heard that Ishrad at GRD is the man to goto as well...

The more I read about the kit it still seems like one of the most succesfull ones on the market.

as you can see about "james@APS" states the issues with the Solenoid have been fix.

I am still all for this kit...

Old 08-04-2006, 10:15 AM
the major quirks of the kit have been fixed... any other problems would be related to faulty install or tune, go to a good tuner shop, if your in southern cali i recommend GT Motorsports

Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 AM
lol im in Ottawa, Canada!

Old 08-04-2006, 10:16 PM
GRD was very helpful in getting the part I needed! If you dare to get the POS go to GRD. I and many others have gone through hell to get our kits working well. Most of us, including me, still have major boost drop off even after changing to the Forge actuator. BTW, my car still smokes even after I finally got the check valve fixed. Oh and APS won't just send you the fix you have to go through the reseller and have them verify you are having the problem.

Oh Sharif and CPRace re-installed the kit and it still has problems. Anyone think they aren't good tuners. I am just trying to share my experiences with everyone. Good luck if you still want this kit.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by draxxus07
the major quirks of the kit have been fixed... any other problems would be related to faulty install or tune, go to a good tuner shop, if your in southern cali i recommend GT Motorsports
Reading post and having first hand knowledge are different things. Also, the kit comes with the UniChip so tune should not be an issue...

Old 08-05-2006, 03:51 AM
Reading post and having first hand knowledge are different things. Also, the kit comes with the UniChip so tune should not be an issue...
your right i dont have first hand knowledge with this kit and i am in no way trying to say your wrong and im right... ive just dealt with alot of turbo kits in my time and was just giving my opinion on what i think might have happened, im probably wrong because of the fact liek you said i dont have the kit and didnt go thru what u did and hope i dont go through what you did considering im thinking about going aps st also

on a second note i dont know about the rest of you guys but i dont trust an "out of the box" tune every car is different and i just dont feel safe spending so much on a turbo setup to just skimp on the tuning and relying on a pretuned EM system... my first turbo kit on my honda was a greddy kit with the emanage that comes pretuned to the specific car, i would detonate like crazy until i fried my pistons 2-3 months later when my only other mod other than the turbo was a 3inch exhaust

Old 08-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Very good point about the tune. The first thing I did was take out the UniChip and replace it with the EU. That made a big difference now I have the UTec and will be selling the EU for cheap.

I am so fed up with this kit that I may take it off and install the Greddy TT. I wish I could say "buy this kit, it works fine" but I can't. If you want to buy mine I have a great deal for you. Sharif can verify it but I don't know of many APS ST kits that are holding boost fully.

Old 08-06-2006, 05:32 AM
Very good point about the tune. The first thing I did was take out the UniChip and replace it with the EU. That made a big difference now I have the UTec and will be selling the EU for cheap.

I am so fed up with this kit that I may take it off and install the Greddy TT. I wish I could say "buy this kit, it works fine" but I can't. If you want to buy mine I have a great deal for you. Sharif can verify it but I don't know of many APS ST kits that are holding boost fully.
Mine's does!!!!!

Old 08-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Good for you! I am just jealous! I have replaced the turbo, actuator, check valve and completely reinstalled everything.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Good for you! I am just jealous! I have replaced the turbo, actuator, check valve and completely reinstalled everything.
Beastie, what exhaust are you running?

James

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Limits of ST?