Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Check out this supercharger!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 05:51 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Check out this supercharger!!!!

Zimbo. PLEASE give me some insight to your Vortech S/C
like does your car still run fine...I mean I know its more powerful and noisier....but I mean the way it runs ???

Is it fine but faster?....what I'm trying to say is ....No Stalling? Gittery, rough Idle....running lean or any of the other stuff I've heard that scares everyone away from FI on this car?

Do you have any other parts (piggy-backs on ECU) Or whateva you had to do or get done or even go to get it running fine but just faster??

as much detail as possible please!

Most people leave things out....I wanna know it all....please respond....also was there an issue with "tapping" the oil pan for the lube for the S/C.......or is all well with your coupe but its just more of a beast now??

Thanks in advance!

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 02-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car runs noiser but reliably. No stalling, no pinging, no plumes of black smoke. Idle speed is a bit lower than it was which makes for more forethought during shifting--but all I need to do is have a dealer set the idle speed (which I'll do when I have an upgraded flywheel/clutch installed).

IMO, tapping the oil pan is a good thing because the supercharger runs at the same temp as the engine and you only need one oil change to remember.

My piggyback ECU came with the Vortech kit but was custom tuned/programmed which I would recommend.

And, I have the 6MT sedan, BTW.

--Steve

Old 02-28-2004, 09:42 AM

Any updates on the Dreanworks s/c availabilty, such as when, dealer support, actual drives, etc.?

Old 02-28-2004, 07:13 PM

I will keep you updated as soon as I know something... expected ETA is now mid-march but we'll just have to wait and see...

Old 02-28-2004, 07:59 PM

there is a pic on my350z site but, it's not on a car. it's just on a black background.

Old 03-01-2004, 06:24 PM

mid-march? What happened to the 45 day release from mid-Nov.? I guess we'll just need to be a bit more patient~

Do you think DreakWorks SC will give us best performance at low RPM compared to Vortech & ATi?

I also would like to know how noisy it is compared to VT & ATi... I guess we'll just need to wait and see.

BTW: is $6200 price tag including installation?

<font color=blue>2004 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero-kit 4-piece | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | 5% Tint | Grounding Kit | Xtreme White everywhere~ |</font color=blue>

Old 03-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Premier Member

Loudness.. who cares!? If they honor our warentee with it, LETS DO IT WOWOW!

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 03-01-2004, 09:31 PM

Loudlessness is not on the top priority list but I really don't want it to sound louder than my motorcycle since I drive 33k+ miles/year~ ^^

<font color=blue>2004 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero-kit 4-piece | Ivory Pearl | 5% Tint | GND Kit | Tein Springs | </font color=blue>

Old 03-01-2004, 09:56 PM

It would seem to this less than expert buyer that a roots type blower is an inherently better design than a centrifugal type, as it has quicker low-end grunt, especially for my kind of general around town needs. Are there any other roots types in the offing?

Old 03-02-2004, 01:21 AM

The price of 6200 is the kit alone.. installation will run you probably around 1500-2k for a kit of this magnitude...

Old 03-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Premier Member

I chatted with my service guy at Ramsey Infiniti in NJ. He knows alot about cars usually takes some parts home with him from the dealership. He heard of this and he said that he has heard of the Supercharger being warenteed along with the Engine and drivetrain but he has not heard anything about being installed at any "authorised" Infiniti / Nissian dealerships.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 03-12-2004, 01:01 AM
G SQUAD

From what I read on the Dreamworkes site the warranty is 3 years 36K Powertrain warranty.....and it takes over your current warranty....which means you will shave 4 years off your current factory powertrain....which to some is cool but not me not yet.....this engine is getting great reviews but is still new....so time will tell...
I'm not ready for the trade off of 3 years for my current 7 years of powertrain warranty.....so for those that do get it, whenever it finally comes out, I wish you the best but I'll be catchin up to you in a few years

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Hey guys I need some helpe, Im driving a g05 with some mods like greddy evo 2 exhaust, injen cold inteck, and megan race pipes. I want to sc my with the stillen but I dont now stage 3 or 4 and if I do 4 I need to do some mods like rebilt my einge plrse helme

Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Sorr I forget to sayd then Im driving an A/T I now how to drive a stik but I get a good deal with this like 3 year ago with onli 41k I got almost 52 k that was the only reason wy Im an A/T

Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
The last time anyone posted here was 2004 lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Check out this supercharger!!!!