Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Stillen Stage II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought about the TT and vortech setups. I just wanted a little more power. I don't keep cars past 3 or 4 yrs, so no point in spending all that money. The vortech is pretty tame out of the box, but you can make more power w/ smaller pulleys & breathing mods. If I went TT, I'd have to get the motor built...just to be safe. Either way, both are more expensive.

Originally Posted by Bladercutter
Congrats on getting your Stage 2 Chrlesmd.
Hope you figure out what is with the low tq. Because I wanna go stillen soon.
Your going to have that crave to to upgrade to stage 3 or 4.
I had Infiniti check the exhaust today to see if there were any leaks...none found. So at this point, I'd say that either the dyno was off, there's an issue w/ my tranny, or those who are posting those tq numbers are just bs'in. I'm not worried about it too much. This is my first boosted car, but I love it...definately worth it. Go get it!

Last edited by Chrlesmd; 03-05-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by Chrlesmd
I thought about the TT and vortech setups. I just wanted a little more power. I don't keep cars past 3 or 4 yrs, so no point in spending all that money. The vortech is pretty tame out of the box, but you can make more power w/ smaller pulleys & breathing mods. If I went TT, I'd have to get the motor built...just to be safe. Either way, both are more expensive.
Not that it really matters, but a vortech would have cost you the same...3.12 pulley and all...but like i said, if you're happy, that's all that matters

Old 03-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I had Infiniti check the exhaust today to see if there were any leaks...none found. So at this point, I'd say that either the dyno was off, there's an issue w/ my tranny, or those who are posting those tq numbers are just bs'in. I'm not worried about it too much. This is my first boosted car, but I love it...definately worth it. Go get it!
Yea probably just the dyno was off. Glad theres nothing wrong with your exhaust.

As long as you are happy with your Stillen, the 0-60 pull on that must be fun.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by 617G
Not that it really matters, but a vortech would have cost you the same...3.12 pulley and all...but like i said, if you're happy, that's all that matters
Yeah, that's true. I had to decide between the 2 kits. But, from what I've heard, the stock vortech kit is pretty tame. The good thing about the stillen kit is the power starts at just over 2k. More usable right out of the box in my opinion.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:06 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Yeah, that's true. I had to decide between the 2 kits. But, from what I've heard, the stock vortech kit is pretty tame. The good thing about the stillen kit is the power starts at just over 2k. More usable right out of the box in my opinion.
To upgrade the Vortech is a peice of cake...and most install it with a 3.12 pulley right off the bat...true, the stillen starts early, but falls off early as well fwiw, i had 320 lb/ft of tq at 3500 rpm with the vortech and it was flat until redline