Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

A/T, UP/Grd Valve Bdy, cmtr unhappy (FI) *+!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I guess I'm an outlaw now...for oh I'dun kno...for what...speaking the... truth!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wolf
Thanks for your good info! The so far the (un) named shop in Marietta works almostly exclsively on the V35 eng. The VB shop in CA has been around "forever" but is wholesale only.

The shifts (when they work) are very firm which I like so I assume the line pressures have been raised considerably. The JWT kit and the upgrd VB were installed simultaneously (unfortunately).

The car has been driven very little...maybe 400 miles since the kit was installed.

Got new "stock VB" and installed on car...the throttle would not respond at all. Removed and put "new" stock solenoids only back on the original VB and reinstalled...same problem...not throttle response. The car "electronics" do no like or are not compatable with the newer "stock" vb solenoids.

By the way on in manual shift from say 3rd to 4th under acceleration there is some "hesitation".

I may have already been scre......d, thanks again.
Is it Sharif who is working on your car? (theres only so many good 350/g35 tuners in marietta) If so I'm sure he'll take care of you.

Last edited by stpdevil; 03-10-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Why outlaw? - lol - no worries man. But there is no need to beat around the bush anymore. I'm sure Sharif will take care of you. The worst case scenario is swap in a new transmission as I suspect some part may have been damaged during the VB swap or during the TT install. Really sounds electrical and it sounds like it's OUTSIDE of the VB (i.e. transmission, TCM, or ECU or cabling).

Stuff happens that's sometimes hard to figure out - just a process of elimination to find the cause... If Sharif cannot fix it, I'm sure he'll get a new tranny put in. I doubt he'd like to take the hit on the cost if he can fix it rather than replace it, but that's supposed to be the benefit of taking it to a reputable shop, right?