Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

BOV Kit for the JWT TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 08:48 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Call Import Parts Pro and see if they're still selling built engines. Your best bet is usually finding someone to build locally but I understand not all locations are going to have a reputable local shop to do the work. Z1 Motorsports and CZP might build/ship, give them a call as well.

I doubt anyone is still doing their own builds though because it's a 15+ year old chassis at this point.

The following users liked this post:
FelikssG35 (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 08:55 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
As for those numbers you listed, you can definitely make over 400whp with those turbos. Right fuel system and you can probably be 550-600 on pump gas, E85 will go higher if you want to go that route. Personally I'd just shoot for around 500whp until you upgrade driveline, axles, mounts etc. Poly mounts are starting to suffer above 500whp so you'll start seriously losing comfort for the sake of performance. Solid mounts will be practically mandatory by 700whp (actually by about 600 it starts getting mandatory depending on if you're on slicks or not) and at that point you should start talking about a midplate/frontplate

FelikssG35 (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 G35 with only 36000 miles about to put the engine through the machine shop +JWT TT Kit I have
G35

Originally Posted by cleric670
Call Import Parts Pro and see if they're still selling built engines. Your best bet is usually finding someone to build locally but I understand not all locations are going to have a reputable local shop to do the work. Z1 Motorsports and CZP might build/ship, give them a call as well.

I doubt anyone is still doing their own builds though because it's a 15+ year old chassis at this point.
Sounds like a good idea, I will call Import Parts Pro forsure, I certainly appreciate your advice! I think I'v talked to Z1 before I'm pretty sure Arizona doesn't have them here but I do knkw. Coz Z Performance is the shop where I got my turbo kit and where I will be getting most of my parts, Coz is actually going to help me figure out what kind of fuel system ai need and all the other things that will make the car what it will be, he is very knowlegeable and it was a privilege to get to see his shop and his personal car collection. I was going to get the engine from CZP but the people in Cali decided they weren't going to provide the built engine packages anymore, no problem, I still appreciate the parts that they sell.

Old 06-01-2021, 12:08 AM
2007 G35 with only 36000 miles about to put the engine through the machine shop +JWT TT Kit I have
G35

As for those numbers you listed, you can definitely make over 400whp with those turbos. Right fuel system and you can probably be 550-600 on pump gas, E85 will go higher if you want to go that route. Personally I'd just shoot for around 500whp until you upgrade driveline, axles, mounts etc. Poly mounts are starting to suffer above 500whp so you'll start seriously losing comfort for the sake of performance. Solid mounts will be practically mandatory by 700whp (actually by about 600 it starts getting mandatory depending on if you're on slicks or not) and at that point you should start talking about a midplate/frontplate
I feel so much better after reading that, thank you! Because I was seeing Nitish on Youtube making like 600 on a single Turbo set up so I was wondering for a while those numbers sound really good, I also heard that 500 hp is more than enough for the street. Coz said I will have to get used to the car again lol. I guess the traction control is never going to be off anylonger. (Glad for that option) the G35 is pretty peppy to begin with so it will be pretty awesome to see how it works with the turbo's and a built engine. I'm deffinitely thankful that you mentioned the need for upgraded driveline, axle and Poly mounts above 500hp. I didn't know that those things would need to be upgraded at that point so I will mention this to the man who will be putting my engine together, maybe it will be a good idea to upgrade ahead of time. I'm also taking into account what you said about the midlate/frontplate. I guess it will be a good idea to Dyno the car and see what the numbers are, soon my car will will be hanging out without it's engine for a bit, that's when it's going to be lighter, when I can't drive it hah

Old 06-01-2021, 11:39 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
A lot of those powertrain mount options depends on tires, if the car is never going to see a set of drag tires then you definitely won't need midplate and can probably get by with just poly mounts at almost any power level because you're never going to generate enough traction to break stuff. If you're only planning on street tires then just upgrade to the 370Z axles and wheel bearings, I would upgrade to a single piece driveshaft though even at stock power levels, eliminating the carrier bearing and the weight of the OEM two piece is worth it. Just be sure to make a driveshaft hoop for a single piece, you can use the factory carrier bearing mount location which is convenient.

FelikssG35 (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 02:30 AM
G35

A lot of those powertrain mount options depends on tires, if the car is never going to see a set of drag tires then you definitely won't need midplate and can probably get by with just poly mounts at almost any power level because you're never going to generate enough traction to break stuff. If you're only planning on street tires then just upgrade to the 370Z axles and wheel bearings, I would upgrade to a single piece driveshaft though even at stock power levels, eliminating the carrier bearing and the weight of the OEM two piece is worth it. Just be sure to make a driveshaft hoop for a single piece, you can use the factory carrier bearing mount location which is convenient.
For a while I think I had a pretty simple idea of being able to take the car to the track sometimes, but it's great to find out that there are those things mentioned above that are needed for such ideas. Generating enough traction to break stuff, that's interesting to think about. I'm glad you the poly mounts and at such a proper time because while the engine is out soon, those can be installed with ease. I appreciate your thought on the 370Z axles and wheel bearings along with the single piece driveshaft. Glad I know who to ask when it comes to eliminating extra weight also, because that is a big deal really. The kit is like 331lbs and then some (I forget what's in the other box) I kept from the temptation to open them so Igor could have everything ready to go when putting it together. He told me don't open anything or else I don't want to put it together lol.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:18 PM
Off topic

off

Hey I know this is a G35 forum and everything but I am tempted to ask, do you think the 4.4 Twin Turbocharged engine from a 650i fit into a 2004 645ci?