Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Has anyone gone TT and wats the 1/4 mile time with

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone gone TT and wats the 1/4 mile time with

How fast is 0-60 with the tt system?

My only friend i that i depend on is blue. He makes sure i win. He makes me scared and hold on tight as i sweat. He is my only friend that gives me what i need from a push of a button.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Has anyone gone TT and wats the 1/4 mile time with

***Shader sacrifices a rubber chicken and shouts "GURGEN I DEMAND YOU APPEAR"***

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 01-29-2004, 10:53 PM

i read a super long time ago befor the greddy kit was released in an article by turbo magazine that it was suppost to run mid 12s and have a 0-60 somwere in the 4s if i recall correctly. i dont know our cars seem to pull a lot after 60 so thats not such a great thing to look for our 0-100 is usaly a better example of our performence.

<a href="mailto:Carlos3186@hotmail....otmail.com</a>

Old 01-30-2004, 11:03 PM

Shader!!!! You are the man!!!!

I have been sitting and waiting for the damn PE people to ship their stuff to the US. I am first on the list. My contact is in japan now and he will check on it (I hope). The thing is that PE makes 1 it for the US market for every 10 that they make for the JDM. I was told that it will be mid-February.

Also, I am runngng into some problems with my TC now.... HAve got to redo it AGAIN!!!!! I am pissed. I am hoping that when I go back to L.A. in 2 weeks, i will have some concrete facts about the PE.

Back to the topic....

With the RIGHT (and I can't emphasize this enough) kit you CAn run in the 12's - I would think high 12's. Of course with the right set of cojones and safeguards, low-/mid-12's are possible. I am talking about turning up boost!!! But one would be mad to do it without the J&S Safeguard timing retard device. I will be running 7.3psi with the right ECU maps. On a BONE-STOCK 6MT 350z that made 400 RWHP!!!!!!! With my mods (RT cats, exhaust, plenum), I will probably be making this much as well. Why do i say that? I have got the 5AT and that is good for about 2-3% HP loss max (that's my educated guess).

400RWHP is a lot guys!!!! I am pretty sure I will be in 12's with the right set of tires.

As far as the Greddy kit is concerned, I don't really care for it in the form that it is sold. the E-manage computer taps into the MAF, and from what I understand that is NOT a reliable way to do it. The ONLY ONYL ONLY way to do it is to have a total custom job on the ECU map, to handle the extra power and to retard the timign on the top end. piggiback ECUs are NOT the way to go in my opinion on these cars. Our ECUs are VERY tricky to work with, and trying to make 2 ECUs to work in harmony is something I will not do, especially the way Greddy is doing it. Also, I am not even sure if Greddy is retarding timings on their piggycrap ECU, and not only dumping more fuel into the cylinders to prevent detonation.

Also, keep in mind that the Greddy TT makes ONLY 315 rwhp. That is what they say. I would guess that they had the kit CARB certified at this level. You can get more out of it without a doubt by turning up boost, but i would never in a million years do that using the piggycrap ECU that they give you.

Gurgen

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gurgenpb on 01/30/04 08:13 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-31-2004, 11:13 AM

gurgenpb your post is kinda misleading about the greddy kit. It made 315 RWHP with i believe 3 pounds of boost (i dont rember the exact nmber). I do agree that PE kit is far siperior but the Greddy kit is not as bad as u make it sound. The Greddy Emanage system u are talking about can be tuned to put out very good numbers like as good as the PE if not better. The Greddy kit just requires more tunning to work. If you check out My350.com and go to the forced induction section there are so many post about it and how to tune it and what not. its all way over my head but i am sure some of u super smart car people can figure it out. But basicaly with the right tunning the Greddy can be a damn good step up.

But keep us posted on the PE kit i am deffently looking foword for that kit on the G

<a href="mailto:Carlos3186@hotmail....otmail.com</a>

Old 01-31-2004, 12:17 PM

carlos

That's what i meant when i said tha the car can definitely be putting out more than 315. However, 315 is what they got their CARB cert for. Also, I do read those FI posts all the time. The greddy kit is ok, but by no means as good as PE.You will always have a bigger lag with the greddy than PE (much bigger, heavier turbos).

I just do NOT trust the emanaga system, carlos. On the same thread (by that guy tha's putting out 39x HP on the greddy kit) there are many concerns raised about the reliability of that system. It is not just a matter of it being harder to tune, it is unreliable in the long term. As I understand it, it intercepts signals from the MAF (someone correct me if this is not entirely true - but it does have something to do with the MAF). Also, as I said, the whole piggiback system is something I do NOT like.

Gurgen