Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Forged Performance: Another JWT 700bb Forged Buildup **pics and dyno**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Forged Performance: Another JWT 700bb Forged Buildup **pics and dyno**

I thought I would share our latest G35 creation, since XBR posts quite frequently on g35driver. Enjoy!

We had the pleasure of working on XKR's stunning G35 coupe. On Friday, we wrapped up the project, and Mike W. drove the car 800 miles back to Texas, and then immediately took it to his local road course to make sure we did a good job. Thankfully, he reported no issues at all. :thumbup:

The basics of the buildup include the following:
Forged Performance Stage I Shortblock
GTM Stage I Turbo cams
HKS FCON Compelete EMS Package
HKS EVC 6
JWT 700bb TT Kit
Carbonetic Carbon LSD
Carbonetic Triple Carbon Clutch/Flywheel
APS 3.5 inch Downpipes (FP modified to fit the JWT kit)
Koyo Thick Core Rad, with FP Fan-Shroud cooling upgrade
Stillen Oil Cooler
Defi Gauge Assortment

We also made a custom mount for his gauges and knock amp, as Mike wanted everything cleanly, and discretely mounted. Enjoy....another one is on the road!

Round Two for Mike will include the Cosworth Intake Plenum, a race map tune with higher boost, and an AP Racing BBK so he won't destory his current brake setup. FYI: Mike races Porsche GT-2's and GT-3's in his spare time, he he knows a thing or two about road racing.

444whp@10.5psi
501whp@14psi
93 octane fuel
Pure Heart-Breaker numbers.

Next up is RCDash's Haltech powered JWT 700bb kit. And dont worry Dilsher...yours is a day behind his.

Last edited by sharif@forged; 09-05-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on another job well done. Looks good!

Old 09-05-2007, 09:13 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
All I can say is Sharif and his staff left me and my local Infiniti Dealership speechless.

1) I am not going to come on here and say how good Sharif/Forged Performance is....Its already been done numerous times.

2) I am not going to talk about how much of a genius he is at tuning......Already been done.

3) Not going to talk about how good his customer service is either....we all know its the best.

I drove the car from Atlanta to Houston straight to the track. I did 30 hard laps and the Temp gauge did not go above 205. Car had ZERO issues!!! The only thing that failed was the brakes. At the 29th lap the brakes went soft. Sharif and I expected that to happen. For those of you that have never driven a G/Z with over 400hp....all I can say is OMG!!! I road race, so 400 to 500hp is more than enough. My boost controller has been in the off mode from day one. Sharif left it on by mistake and had me going side ways the first time I drove the car.

Took the car to the Infiniti Dealer for oil change.....The entire service department came to see the car...even the GM. They want the car for 30 days to keep in the showroom. The Chief Mechanic wanted to speak to Sharif, he was overly impressed with how clean and stock looking the work was. They get a lot of G's that were hacked up and the owners just wanted their cars back to stock or fixed. They said they have NEVER seen a car this clean that ran and idled like stock. They said that "this Sharif guy must be a Stickler for detail."

Sharif never once told me that he could not do something that I asked him to do. I told him I wanted EVERYTHING to look stock!!!! And as you can see....he did it.

You are a class act Sharif ......thanks to you and your family (your Dad, Uncle, Sister and Sandy) for taking me out to dinner.....I had fun.

I will see you for the Race Map, higher boost, Plenum and Big Brakes after break-in.

For more pictures go here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/808731

Thanks....

Mike

Last edited by XKR; 09-05-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
cangrats sick setup

Old 09-05-2007, 09:31 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Very nice, I like reading about a good job on the forums, theres always soo many threads where peopel haev problems with their cars.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
About time XKR - i have been wanting to see the car since you mentioned the build. The car is everything i expected it to be! Good luck with it - im sure pictures don't do justice.

-Sean

Old 09-05-2007, 09:59 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by kleicoupe
Very nice, I like reading about a good job on the forums, theres always soo many threads where peopel haev problems with their cars.
Thx CruisnGcoupe ...

Kleicoupe...

I agree. I am not going to lie. I was nervous about taking a perfectly good running low mileage car and have work done on it after reading some of the scary stories on this Website. Sharif has made me a believer.

Mike

Last edited by XKR; 09-05-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:02 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by Nismo G
About time XKR - i have been wanting to see the car since you mentioned the build. The car is everything i expected it to be! Good luck with it - im sure pictures don't do justice.

-Sean
NismoG....

You are right..pictures dont do any justice. The Infiniti Dealership was more excited than me about the car

Thx for the kind words.

Mike

Old 09-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Sharif: "Round Two for Mike will include the Cosworth Intake Plenum, a race map tune with higher boost, and an AP Racing BBK so he won't destory his current brake setup. FYI: Mike races Porsche GT-2's and GT-3's in his spare time, he he knows a thing or two about road racing."

Mike: Awesome set up, I would love to have it on my G35.

Let me know when you want to race a GT2

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 09-06-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:41 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
would love to see this one in person

Old 09-06-2007, 05:10 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Mike on your car being completed, and Sharif for a job well done. It is good to see some more JWT 700BB kits out of the east coast finally.

What BBK are you going to go with?

Gauge install looks great too.

Last edited by wa2good; 09-06-2007 at 05:12 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:15 AM
XKR
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Sharif: "Round Two for Mike will include the Cosworth Intake Plenum, a race map tune with higher boost, and an AP Racing BBK so he won't destory his current brake setup. FYI: Mike races Porsche GT-2's and GT-3's in his spare time, he he knows a thing or two about road racing."

Mike: Awesome set up, I would love to have it on my G35.

Let me know when you want to race a GT2

Dr_jitsu......

Thanks. The turbo comes on like a Porsche....smooth

Mike

Old 09-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR
Dr_jitsu......

Thanks. The turbo comes on like a Porsche....smooth

Mike

Do you ever sleep? Im like a hour or so ahead of you and you seem to always be up before and after me

-Sean

Old 09-06-2007, 08:23 AM
XKR
Originally Posted by wa2good
Congrats Mike on your car being completed, and Sharif for a job well done. It is good to see some more JWT 700BB kits out of the east coast finally.

What BBK are you going to go with?

Gauge install looks great too.
Thanks for the kind words Scott. It looks better in person.
Sharif is going to install AP Racing 6 piston in front and 4 piston in the rear. I ran out of brake pads on the 29th lap....

Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 AM
XKR
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Do you ever sleep? Im like a hour or so ahead of you and you seem to always be up before and after me

-Sean
LMAO .....I was oncall last night,I was stuck at the hospital all night. Had to find something to do to keep me awake.....

ps: Sharif has cleared a Bay for your car...he wants to know when are you going to drop off your car

Last edited by XKR; 09-06-2007 at 08:30 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: Another JWT 700bb Forged Buildup **pics and dyno**