Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Forged Performance: Another JWT 700bb Forged Buildup **pics and dyno**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:27 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XKR
Just thought you G/Z guys would get a kick out of this......

I was invited to a Corvette Club Time attack event this past Sunday. Came first in the Modified bracket by 8 seconds. One of the ZO6 guys protested my win. So they sent my car to the garage for inspection They were looking for some injection kit ( NOS ),because one of the flag guys said he heard spraying sounds on the back straight THAT WAS THE BOV They asked me AGAIN how much HP... I told them 444rwhp ( because thats what Sharif got on the DD dyno with controller off and 501 @ 14.5 psi). They protested again and said it had more. They hooked it up to the Dyno and to my fing surprise 558 rwhp at 564 tq @ 14.5 psi, But I ran it at 11psi. They disqualified me on the spot I called Sharif a few seconds later, because I wanted to know if they are trying to screw me out of a win But Sharif said it sounds about right. They want to disconnect my Boost Control and for me to repeat the runs.... or run in the Open Class with the Race prepped race cars...Yeah right it aint worth $3000 and a trophy for me to let them disconnect anything on my car.

Has any one else gotten the kind of Dyno differences
Cool story, Mike (XKR).

Are you going to do any of the Time Attacks at the end of this year, or next in your G??

I am going to compete in the VIR Redline Time Attack/ GT Live event in about three weeks in Louie's (eaglegreens) Z. It will be a joint effert as he has asked me to come out and drive it/ compete in it. I hope to also improve on the overall car for him, especially with the suspension & chassis set up. I trust Sharif has the powertrain department handled with those BB850's.

When our car is released from the SEMA show, will also be in our Relentless Autosports Z at Buttonwillow and also at Laguna Seca in the Super Street Mag. Super Lap Battle (invitation only) finals and the Redline Time Attack finals. (both in the first week of November ) I would love to meet up with you and see your nice looking G. Overall look of your car is very clean

Last edited by wa2good; 09-11-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:57 AM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wa2good
Cool story, Mike (XKR).

Are you going to do any of the Time Attacks at the end of this year, or next in your G??

I am going to compete in the VIR Redline Time Attack/ GT Live event in about three weeks in Louie's (eaglegreens) Z. It will be a joint effert as he has asked me to come out and drive it/ compete in it. I hope to also improve on the overall car for him, especially with the suspension & chassis set up. I trust Sharif has the powertrain department handled with those BB850's.

When our car is released from the SEMA show, will also be in our Relentless Autosports Z at Buttonwillow and also at Laguna Seca in the Super Street Mag. Super Lap Battle (invitation only) finals and the Redline Time Attack finals. (both in the first week of November ) I would love to meet up with you and see your nice looking G. Overall look of your car is very clean
Hi Scott....

I think my days of Time Attacks are over, expecially here in Texas area. I will stick to IMSA and SCCA Pro level racing. I have never seen a bunch of "Men" act like a bunch of Biiiaaaatchhs like these guys. I have never had one of my wins protested like this. If I do another one... I will just do it in open class with my Porsche.

Lou's car is good to go. Sharif has that car well tuned. I was there for a week at the shop when Sharif was working on it. Alot of custom work was done on that car.

Sounds like you have a busy schedule ahead... Remember to keep it on the pavement