Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Sentry come talk about your post at MY350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sentry come talk about your post at MY350

I got this off My350Z . It is copied in whole from thread at MY350
Here is the link
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...=319349&page=2

.................................................. ......................
quote by Sentry
yeah the other thing is going to a bigger blower will make you lose around 20 tq or so at low rpms as a trade off to make more power at mid-high rpms. To me that's just another reason why a stroker kit would be nice - to regain that lost power from running a bigger blower and lower compression and still make more overall low rpm power

a good place to dig around is on the mustang forums where they run SC and T-trims on their cars and talk about their first hand experiences with them. The T-trim will come on harder - more like how a turbo would in that it will start off with less power than the SC trim, then quickly have more power than the SC trim.

Also I think a stroker kit + larger blower would maintain the linear traction loss the vortech has because when the power comes on more suddenly than how much the tires are turning, that'll hurt traction. Much the same way how you can do a burn out in 1st gear with only 20% throttle at low rpms because it's a sudden shock of a difference going from no power to 20% power

So when people talk about how a T-trim gave them "more" power at low rpms because they can now spin the tires out sooner - take stuff like that with a grain of salt unless they have a before/after dyno to back that up.

.................................................. ....................

I can take this as you are talking about my set up . Well my older set up any way .......of the T-trim , 34 tooth jackshaft cog , and the 3.12 serp pulley . With that set up I made far more power down low than I ever did with the stock trim blower . I didnt have dyno's to back it up . But several times we talked about how much more boost I was making at what rpm . I clearly made more boost way sooner than with the stock blower . I find it funny that you think you know about a blower and a certain combo of pulleys you have never had on your car . You really should stick to relating what goes on with your set up . Because you clearly dont know what goes on or happens with other peoples set ups .

You clearly stated several times that you had full traction in 2nd gear with the 3.9 rear gears .You even posted a vidio of it . If you cant believe that I couldnt even go 1/3 throttle in 2nd gear with the 3.5 rear gears and a AT5 tranny . That must be your EGO taking over or something . Because I was telling the truth .

SAD...my son SAD !!!!!

Last edited by booger; 12-05-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Why are you posting this here? Why don't you post it over in the correct thread on my350z?

-Sean

Old 12-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Banned
Because I am banned from posting there for a month . Sentry comes here all the time also .

Old 12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by booger
Because I am banned from posting there for a month . Sentry comes here all the time also .
haha why did you get banned?

-Sean

Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 PM
LOl

how many times have been banned now??

Old 12-05-2007, 08:39 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)

Old 12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Banned
He was on this site at 7:00PM when I sent him a PM asking him to come reply . Looks like he doesnt want to talk about his mis informed post . WHich he does like to post about things he has no first hand knowledge about .

Old 12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought you two were over this...

Old 12-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Triji
I thought you two were over this...
If you read what he posted...he clearly is having some problems with the truth . He clearly is posting and spreading false info on a set up he has no knowledge about . I would just like to let him know about it and ask that he stop spread false info about setups different than his . And that he has no first hand knowledge on .

And to add to it

I believe I had sent him several logs from my Zietronix showing the difference on how much more boost I was making down low with the T-trim set up over the stock blower .

Last edited by booger; 12-05-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Banned
Again he was logged on at 8:00pm . I guess admitting he is wrong about something is hard for him to do .

I will look on my Desk top for my Zietronix logs of my T-trim . But I think they were all on my old laptop that crashed .

He Logged on again at 10:10pm .....still no reply !!!!

Last edited by booger; 12-05-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:09 AM
booger, I blocked you ever since you got banned because I'm a little tired of your bantering and attitude so I never got a PM and I actually wasn't going to bother to reply to you at all. Yeah, how can I miss this thread - it has my name in it and you keep bumping it.

your psi logs - don't bother, you sent me your psi readings on jan 1 2007 for your original serpentine belt setup. I keep text files of everything and this is what you sent me:

3500rpm = 4.5psi
4000 =5.4
4500 = 7
5000 =9
5500 = 11
5700 =12psi

let's get this out of the way. The psi numbers you have are not going to really mean the same as mine since I do have a more open exhaust setup than you and one that doesn't have sudden changes in diameter. If you had my setup, your boost psi numbers would be slightly less

my jwt cams vs your nismo cams
my crawford headers vs your BRM headers (nismo design knock off with tig welds)
my AAM 2.5 inch cats vs your crawford 2.25 inch cats
my APS dual 2.5 inch exhaust vs your stillen 2.36 inch exhaust

anyway so the lowest rpms you have logged seems to be 3500 rpms where you make 4.5 psi. I'm making 4.2 psi for comparison sake at 3500 rpms. So what does this mean? Maybe it just means that somewhere around 3000 rpms we have the same psi level. At 2500 rpms I'm around 2.2 psi.

so do you have any psi logs before 3500 rpms. That was the "low" rpm range I was talking about. Another comparison, Diesel has a T-trim and dynoed at GT Motorsports just like me. I have up to 20-25 more tq than him below 4400 rpms even though he has as much as 30 more tq than me at 5700 rpms

however the big thing that has nothing to do with psi is that smaller blowers are simply more efficient at low rpms. It's very much the same thinking as a small vs large exhaust with keeping the air velocity high vs low. Then there's the compressor efficiency itself. As best I can tell, at 3500 rpms, I'm around 67% efficiency. For your T-trim, it's harder to tell because vortech's compressor chart for the T-trim isn't very detailed, but I think it's probably around 65-66% if I took a guess where the 65% efficiency island would be

you don't have any dyno charts so your single claim is going up against the many other people on the mustang and corvette forums who have talked about losing a little low end when going from an S/SC trim to a T-trim. If you "feel" you gained more low end power below 3500 rpms, then cool and good for you. Besides, didn't you change a bunch of stuff before putting a T-trim blower on?

I'm not going to get into the same old debates with you as to why you break traction in 3rd gear with 275 nitto 555 tires with the stock vlsd and nothing else done as far as changing bushings or mounts. In your book breaking the tires loose means your car is awesome and has tons of power while to me it means you don't have enough grip and the car is unbalanced.

Last edited by sentry65; 12-06-2007 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Banned
Qoute by Sentry
my jwt cams vs your nismo cams
my crawford headers vs your BRM headers (nismo design knock off with tig welds)
my AAM 2.5 inch cats vs your crawford 2.25 inch cats
my APS dual 2.5 inch exhaust vs your stillen 2.36 inch exhaust

^^^^^

Here again is an example of your mis-information
1-JWT and Nismo cams are real close to each other
2-Stillen Headers......The BMR's were the first set of header I had on . The Stillen's are the 3rd set of headers
3-No cats ...........2.5 inch pipes
4- you got 1 out of 4 right........I do have Stillen exhaust .

.................................................. ..........................
Qoute by Sentry
anyway so the lowest rpms you have logged seems to be 3500 rpms where you make 4.5 psi. I'm making 4.2 psi for comparison sake at 3500 rpms. So what does this mean? Maybe it just means that somewhere around 3000 rpms we have the same psi level. At 2500 rpms I'm around 2.2 psi.
.................................................. ..........................
^^^^^^^^Again your information doesnt include that I have a AT5 and cant get to WOT till 3500rpm . Then the fact I did make more boost [ I gave you logs- you have yet to come up with poof of your PSI and rpm's ] at 3500rpm. I made more , so how can you relate that into my setup losing trq. down low compared to the stock trim ?????? Show me what your boost is at at 3500-4000-and 4500rpms . And then tell me that the T-trim is weak down low . Stop reaching for straws .
.................................................. ......................................
Quote by Sentry
I'm not going to get into the same old debates with you as to why you break traction in 3rd gear with 275 nitto 555 tires with the stock vlsd and nothing else done as far as changing bushings or mounts. In your book breaking the tires loose means your car is awesome and has tons of power while to me it means you don't have enough grip and the car is unbalanced.
.................................................. .................................................. ..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The debate wasnt me losing traction in 3rd . It was that you had FULL traction at wot in 2nd with 3.9 rear gears and I couldnt go 1/3rd throttle in 2nd with 3.5 rear gears and a AT5 .

Hey..If you wanna keep spreading mis information to the rest of Vortech guys ...go ahead . You love to comment and act like you know every thing about a persons set up you have no first hand knowledge on .

One of these days you will come across a T-trim blower 350Z with a simular set up as yours and turning the blower at the same rate . Get it on video will ya ? lol

Oh one more thing
.................................................. .................................................. ....
Quote by Sentry
........booger, I blocked you ever since you got banned because I'm a little tired of your bantering and attitude so I never got a PM and I actually wasn't going to bother to reply to you at all. Yeah, how can I miss this thread - it has my name in it and you keep bumping it.
.................................................. ....................................

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is clearly a lie ....lol
You blocked me ????? but you clearly logged on shortly after I PMed you...BOTH TIMES !!! email notification !!!!!

Last edited by booger; 12-06-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Again your information doesnt include that I have a AT5 and cant get to WOT till 3500rpm . Then the fact I did make more boost [ I gave you logs- you have yet to come up with poof of your PSI and rpm's ] at 3500rpm. I made more , so how can you relate that into my setup losing trq. down low compared to the stock trim ?????? Show me what your boost is at at 3500-4000-and 4500rpms . And then tell me that the T-trim is weak down low . Stop reaching for straws .
this is the dealbreaker for your whole arguement for this thread
you lose

so you can't even start boosting until 3500 rpms. I suppose a T-trim would feel like it was an improvement across all your "usable" rpms since your 5AT won't do anything until 3500 rpms

I don't consider 3500-4500 rpms to be "low" end tq. I consider that midrange tq which the T-trim would be superior at.

if you can't provide a before/after dyno then you've got no proof of anything. You can't even provide your psi before 3500 rpms so again you don't have any weight to your argument. I stand by everything I've said and am going to side with the numerous people on other sites that believe you are wrong on this issue.

The debate wasnt me losing traction in 3rd . It was that you had FULL traction at wot in 2nd with 3.9 rear gears and I couldnt go 1/3rd throttle in 2nd with 3.5 rear gears and a AT5
I'm sorry your 275 nitto 555 tires suck so bad
maybe you should look into upgrading them. It's worked for other people with helping their traction

This is clearly a lie ....lol
You blocked me ????? but you clearly logged on shortly after I PMed you...BOTH TIMES !!! email notification !!!!!
I logged in to see what people responded to your thread and you being banned. I can still see this thread and I can see when you make a post. It's just lame because even though it doesn't show your actual post, it still shows that you posted, and has a handy link to reveal what you said.

I never got any of your PM's. I'm not really happy with the blocking capability on this site or my350z and have talked to mods about making "blocking someone" truely block someone and their threads or to give users the ability to block specified individuals from reading their posts altogether.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...73#post2497573
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319701

Last edited by sentry65; 12-06-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I could pay attention to this little recess-playground cat-fight between these two girls, but this is more fun...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sentry come talk about your post at MY350