Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

G37 test car needed for Twin Turbo application | So.Cal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
How would that be better than getting someone to give them a G37 charge them $5000 in parts and do R&D on it that would be considerably cheaper than your proposal which is why they are looking to do it this way. That would be a much better solution for the shop than buying a car and paying for the parts. For the customer you may have to give up your for a while but you get a resonably priced TT kit. If everything works out as planned sounds like a win win.

Thank you, finally someone understands. especially for a new car, the owner of the test car will be very lucky.

as stated before, the owner will be taken care of if any issues araise with the kit or without.

regards,

Garage GT

Old 04-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
GarageGT you have to remember that most of the guys who want to go TT are cheap bastards and would like anything they can get for free.....

Old 04-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
So did anyone bite the bait yet? Is Vik going to jump on this deal or what?

Old 04-29-2008, 01:24 AM
shouldve come over to the G37 specific forum and asked this...

Old 04-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by XKR
Because I dont drag race...I dont agree. This car has 2 set of wheels....19 and 20".

I have driven this car at over 150 mph on 18, 19 and 20" wheels. The 20" handled better.

I am not a noob on how to setup a car...I have had an IMSA and SCCA Pro racing license for a long time now.....This is why I am so "Car Crazy"

All the top speed cars that run at my track use 19 and 20".....mostly 20"..Ford GT, Lambo,some of the Vipers,and even a Koenigsegg CCGT which runs on 21".

But thanks for the info.

BTW.....I did not say you were criticizing anyone.....I just said that it gets painful when another shop does it....

And like I said before...the more shops the better for us. "Competition is a breading ground for lower prices."

So I wish you luck with your plans.
I figured you were into roadrace, we don't like drag neither.

http://supergt.net/supergt/2006/06te...06t023.shtm?dt

please click on the left tab to see specs, they are running 330/40/18 all around, I think this is the ultimate setup. You might want to consider some wide 18s

Old 04-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
Ok now it's getting a little out of hand, I understand yes it would be much better if you can just get the kit for free, but if they dont want to they dont want to. They trying to create a tt kit here so they can make money off it in the future, everybody got to eat man, and everybody want to eat certain ways, if thats how they want to make their money, so be it, if you like how GTM, FP etc buys their own cars and test fits it themselves, fine go to them then. These guys are just trying to create a kit for us G drivers, make a good reliable kit with power I'm hoping, make a customer happy and make them happy when they make money, durrrr.....

Even tho I'm a loyal GTM customer

GL to you Cenk and the rest of the GarageGT crew on finding someone who will test fit it, if I had a G37 I probably might do it myself if i wasnt with gtm, im not worried about free or pay sh*t, unlike alot of you whiners, i have money eh
Thanks for understanding. it had been tough to be here so far..

I wish we had the luxury to give this kit out for free, but at this time all we can offer is semi-sponsorship which is free labor/fabbing/tuning, and pass the cost on parts, also lifetime warranty.

I'd rather have this discussion leading to technical specs etc rather than a poll kind of thing. Decision is made, and we will not change our mind.

regards,

cenk
garageGT

Old 04-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Are you guys trying to create a purely bolt-on solution? Plug and play? or will tuning be required?
EMS will come with plug & play jumper harness, so it will be easy to install without cutting into factory harness. Cruise control with not work since we are not using drive by wire throttle body. Pedal conversion should also be fairly easy.

Tuning will be %99 accurate but it will need fine tune as all motors are different, our tuner, Mitch Pederson experienced it many times even on factory crate engines.

For instance, JWT kit installed on a Z here, running 11.9:1 under fullthrottle, customer thinking of getting some bigger injectors..

Old 04-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by George@GTM
Don't you just love it George!!

Old 04-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GarageGT

I wish we had the luxury to give this kit out for free, but at this time all we can offer is semi-sponsorship which is free labor/fabbing/tuning, and pass the cost on parts, also lifetime warranty.

I'd rather have this discussion leading to technical specs etc rather than a poll kind of thing. Decision is made, and we will not change our mind.
Now THAT is standing behind your work. My only concern is this. You guys have been around since 02, but I've looked at your project cars on your website, and 42R supras and 35R wrx/evos are not groundbreaking projects.

Do you guys have any other customer cars that we can see? I do my research before jumping anything like this, and I'm sure others would like to see your guy's work too. Modding is 95% research and 5% action, at least for me.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:46 PM
GarageGT is the best shop in San Diego they are working professionally . I am importing my products from Garage gt .

Guys ! you should go and visit shop.

(Cenk optm kocaman eheheh )

Old 04-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've actually stopped by garage gt and talked with cenk and a couple of the other guys. the shop is legit. and i got a good impression of the people who run that place. just wanted to throw in my two cents.
cenk, i'll stop by again and say hello. (im the guy with the white g35 with te37 TA's)

-charles

Old 04-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm considering driving down next week to check em out...

Was going to go today but I ended up staying at skunk2/kraftwerks longer than expected...

Old 04-30-2008, 03:30 AM
GTM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Don't you just love it George!!
What can you do but laugh? Arguing is pointless...

Sorry for the O.T. GarageGT, and good luck with your kit development.

-George

Old 04-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Now THAT is standing behind your work. My only concern is this. You guys have been around since 02, but I've looked at your project cars on your website, and 42R supras and 35R wrx/evos are not groundbreaking projects.

Do you guys have any other customer cars that we can see? I do my research before jumping anything like this, and I'm sure others would like to see your guy's work too. Modding is 95% research and 5% action, at least for me.
http://garagegtlinks.blogspot.com/

This is the recent project we finished, a custom v-mount intercooler kit for the 04+ STi.

I trust in the fabrication quality,
Install and tune is also solid,
The new turbo kit project should be fairly smooth for us.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Wstwd
GarageGT is the best shop in San Diego they are working professionally . I am importing my products from Garage gt .

Guys ! you should go and visit shop.

(Cenk optm kocaman eheheh )
Originally Posted by deanfootlong
i've actually stopped by garage gt and talked with cenk and a couple of the other guys. the shop is legit. and i got a good impression of the people who run that place. just wanted to throw in my two cents.
cenk, i'll stop by again and say hello. (im the guy with the white g35 with te37 TA's)

-charles
Thanks guys, we are trying our best.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 test car needed for Twin Turbo application | So.Cal