Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

more tq with vortech??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ and what about the qtr?

Old 05-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
any time you pop over 4k+ rpms with it WOT, you should really jump. It must reach the volumetric efficiency of the blower around then

Old 05-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
try addin' an MREV2 to the mix

or

Kinetix SSV(intake runners, good for FI)

or

Cosworth plenum($$$)

or

Strup or Stillen(2 torquiest i've seen) headers w/stock cats*

or

stock headers w/HFCs*

(*)some people runnin' SCs have problems holdin' PSI when they're exhaust set up has "too much" added flow

Last edited by SDGenius; 05-07-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't do the SSV or cosworth without headers and/or cams. Otherwise you'll probably lose power

Originally Posted by shabarivas
^^ and what about the qtr?
haven't done it

Old 05-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by deanfootlong
well how much power are you making? im making 348 tq and 405 whp with a 3.12 pulley.
i still have stock headers and cats. i want to get headers and cats but am scared i'll make enough power to blow it up once i put those mods on.
Somebody gave you a nicely corrected dyno sheet for that power on a 3.12 pulley on a dd dyno.Thats all i will say about that bs power number.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:52 PM
His numbers aren't out of line for the 3.12 pulley. Just have to be willing to rev that high to get them. A 3.12 will crack 400 w/good tune.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The power curve is as is you can change how the curve looks using a combo of intake runner length and headers..

But because of physics.. your S/C wont make any more power then what you have now unless you spin it faster with a smaller pully.. What you have control of is your curve.. but the general result is loss of hp to increase tq.. (only way that this is false is if you're current combination of intake manifold / header isnt at max effiency or is a bad combo)..

Kentix.. thats junk dont even try it.. you can mess around with your plenum.. by swaping spacers around but bigger plenum = more volume = more loss in low end (tq) more potential for high end....

PM me your list of MODs and dyno graph and i'll give you my .02

- Eric

Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
The power curve is as is you can change how the curve looks using a combo of intake runner length and headers..

But because of physics.. your S/C wont make any more power then what you have now unless you spin it faster with a smaller pully.. What you have control of is your curve.. but the general result is loss of hp to increase tq.. (only way that this is false is if you're current combination of intake manifold / header isnt at max effiency or is a bad combo)..

Kentix.. thats junk dont even try it.. you can mess around with your plenum.. by swaping spacers around but bigger plenum = more volume = more loss in low end (tq) more potential for high end....

PM me your list of MODs and dyno graph and i'll give you my .02

- Eric
i think you have it backwards with the plenum

smaller plenum volume is better for high rpm power while larger plenums are better for midrange power. At some point the air velocity becomes more important than the amount of it that can be stuffed into the manifold at a given moment

btw, the SSV has shown gains on just about everyone who has switched headers, cams, or has headwork.

Pretty much every turbo setup that uses the stock cams with either stock or short /small exhaust manifolds (greddy, APS, PE, JWT, most TN setups, etc) has lost power with the SSV

Old 05-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
built motor twin turbo!!

Could not agree more!!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sentry65
i think you have it backwards with the plenum

smaller plenum volume is better for high rpm power while larger plenums are better for midrange power. At some point the air velocity becomes more important than the amount of it that can be stuffed into the manifold at a given moment

btw, the SSV has shown gains on just about everyone who has switched headers, cams, or has headwork.

Pretty much every turbo setup that uses the stock cams with either stock or short /small exhaust manifolds (greddy, APS, PE, JWT, most TN setups, etc) has lost power with the SSV
By increasing the plenum size you will see your power curve shift higher and higher (+top -low end), Yes a small spacer will increase some mid-top range but if you continue any bigger you'll see a more noticeable loss in low end and more gains in upper. Eventually you'll stop gaining and loosing.. Velocity directly effects low-mid performance.. especialy true to you guys because your S/C.. the mechanics of your runners and plenum will directly effect how much power you produce in low end.. when you enter higher RPMs certain things no longer apply and all that matters is how much air you can push in and out of the engine.. bigger plenum will create more mid-upper power because your plenum can now store more air to push into the cylinders... its a little different when you're turbo because you get to force air in as soon as you spool.. a little different from s/c

hope it makes sense my heads a little x.x from the day and i probably jumboed up some words

Old 05-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
around how much does it cost to install cams on our cars?? im thikning about getting some cams next

Old 05-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP just get rid of your damn bling dubs and your car will feel a hell of a lot faster lol

Also, you are running the stock pulley for the rev up kits so you haven't begun to fully tap the power on that thing. I don't want to insult you but you sound like you are running the standard kit with really no other engine work, more boost or anything else. you are going from mild with a simple vortech kit, to extremely wild with a built motor in my opinion. I say find a middle ground for now

Last edited by SDGeneralCounsel; 05-08-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
1200 for the cams I want and about 900-1000 for install I had it done once on my old engine.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ya doesnt make sense to do cams without building the motor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: more tq with vortech??