Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics Single Turbo System?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy has sold a lot, maybe more than TN, but I think more people that own a greddy are more experienced with turbo systems and no more about their car as its more of a tuner kit, and based on higher performance. Just a thought, maybe wrong.

The only issues I know of with the TN kit are the cracked up-pipes, which is usually due to installation errors, creep or spikes, which has been remedied in the new kits, and smoking from oil in the turbo, which is most often due to poor drainage (mostly related to poor routing of the oil return line during installation), I think you don't see this on the greddy's because the turbos themselves are in a better location that allows for easy draining. Greddy comes with a piggyback, but most people never even bother with it and go to the ultimate or utec, which solves alot of issues right there. Alot of TN guys run the reflash, which isn't bad but any car lacking a specific tune will be at slightly more risk.

My kit has been problem free so far, knock on wood. but for the sake of future buyers what are some of the other issues you have seen?

And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to promote TN at all, I realize every kit has its pros and cons, but I just don't see any reason to unfairly criticise any one brand. A kit should be chosen for the end user's specific application and goals. monster power = twins for sure. Moderate power, low cost = TN is a great option.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
other than the a/c i havent had any serious issues and i beat on my car like a dirty *****. any one who knows me will tell you that

and a few post above about shifting at 5k, come on bro have some fun. i take mine to redline at least once a week if not once a day

close to 9000 miles on my kit, stock motor w/ utec

Old 05-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
but to the OP, def go w/ twins

if i could go back i would. jwt and aps are very good choices

if you want i'll sell you my kit and i'll get twins

Old 05-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best way to go turbonetics is to go with all of the "extras". utec bigger injectors open dumps :-D, meth.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
the tn kit is a very good kit, just like all the other kits put together for our vehicles. in all FI applications, you should pick the kit that is most suitable for you and your plans with your car. eg: dont get tn kit if your looking to go over 420whp or so, go twins build the motor and turn up the boost. but my advice to you would be plan it out smartly, get the bigger injectors, get a great tuning unit and all supporting mods so you can run as smoothly as possible... but every kit has upsides/downsides.. imo alot of it is determined on the tune.