Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Stillen G35 Auto Sedan Supercharger - Anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen G35 Auto Sedan Supercharger - Anyone?

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the Stillen stage 2 supercharger for the G35 Auto Sedan? I'm considering getting this as I believe it's the only available kit for the auto sedan.

I realize that it requires a new hood, but, given no other options, I think I will accept it.

I was waiting for the Dream Workes SC, but a few months ago I emailed them and they said ti would be out in May (for the auto sedan), but I just got a reply to my recent email yesterday saying it'll be a 'couple months.' Considering there is no news from any of the forums, I'm wondering whether it's really coming.

I realize that other SCs may be able to push more HP, but if keeping it a little conservative can improve reliablity, I'm ok with that. In addition, they offer the warranty to go with it.

I'd like to hear from anyone who is willing to give their opinion and, especially, any experience with these Stillen SCs.

I'm considering the Stillen dual catback to go with it. I already have the Stillen CAI and Z tube. New wheels and wider tires, along with sway bars, may also be in my future.

I've mostly just been reading and haven't been posting. I appreciate all the great info you guys put out!

Thanks!
Carlin

Old 06-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Re: Stillen G35 Auto Sedan Supercharger - Anyone?

No experiences or opinions?

Thanks,
Carlin

Old 06-01-2004, 01:57 PM

Stillen SC seems to be the last choice among those that go FI. I don't know why but I can't recall seeing anyone around here posting that is running the Stillen SC. Lot's of Vortech and Prochargers though.

The Stillen for a catback isn't a bad choice, but for that money you may as well also consider the Fujitsubo with Y pipe. Similar cost, similar gains, but no loss of torque on the low end and it's 8 pounds or so lighter than your stock while the Stillen is heavier than stock (can't remember how much but it was significant) and loses a small amount of torque on the low end.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5

Old 06-01-2004, 02:11 PM

Hello,

Thanks for the note. I think the reason people have been avoiding Stillen is because it requires a hood modification or new hood. If it's for some other reason(s), I'd like to know.

Have people been putting these other SC's on Auto Sedans? I don't think I've seen too many people getting SCs for this model, as I don't believe there are yet any other kits available.

I'll look into the Fujitsubo exhaust. Thanks.

Carlin

Old 06-01-2004, 02:17 PM

There are many other reasons. The big plus is that it has a third part warranty, and only on the stage 1 and 2 (not sure about 2), and not on stage 3 - in my opinion the only one that is worth getting. See if there is warranty their an intercooled SC (not sure if stage 2 is, but stage 3 IS). I would not get a non-intercooled Stillen (or any other) SC even if it was free.

Run a search, I have posted a lot of info/opinions on all FI options. It's way too long to repeat here.

Gurgen

Old 06-01-2004, 02:20 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

Gurgen,

Off topic, but do you know if TS is offering any special deals for Team Transport members?

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Injen SES, Kinetix cats, K&N Typhoon, 19" PIAA Super Rozza's (19x9 & 19x10)

Old 06-01-2004, 02:25 PM

Hello, Gurgen,

The Stage 2 is warrantable and it is intercooled. This is the one I'm considering. Basically, the warranty and the CARB legal status is very appealing to me...and the fact that they have a kit for the Auto Sedan.

I'll do a search for your previous discussions on it.

Thanks!
Carlin

Old 06-01-2004, 02:28 PM

Lol, I was just about to summon you gurgen .

Old 06-01-2004, 02:47 PM

Catatafish,
The Stillen sedan kit is heavier than stock? Why in the world is stillen.com and performancenissanparts.com advertising that they are 13 lbs lighter?

Old 06-01-2004, 03:09 PM

I don't know why. Am I confusing it with the Coupe? One of them is heavier. Whoever knows for sure, please correct me.

Old 06-01-2004, 03:37 PM

I have an auto sedan and after talking with Procharger, they said the only reason they do not have a kit is due to the auto having a belt driven fan. They were concerned about removing something that the factory had deemed necessary. So I went to a local performance installer who does alot of Procharger and they got the exploded diagram from them. He said they could easily adapt an electric and use the existing Procharger kit, but it would be a first for them and Procharger. So I elected not to be the guinei pig and wait for someone else to try it, but no luck so far.

Old 06-01-2004, 10:44 PM

I have a 2003 G35 Sedan AT with a Vortech S/C on it, everything works great. Only thing that I had to do was remove the belt driven fan and factory electric fan and install dual electric fans on custom made brackets (cost about $300). The AT transmission has not been any problem and I had TS reflash the ECU for 7200 RPM redline so transmission shifts at about 7000 RPM through the gears with no bouncing off the rev limiter. I do beleive I'am the only G35 Sedan AT with a supercharger on it. I have about 1000 kms on the kit so far with no problems at all.

Old 06-01-2004, 10:50 PM

Sorry, here's a picture

268118-forum 2.jpg

Old 06-01-2004, 11:12 PM

That is VERY cool Brent. Glad you had the nads to be the first to try it. Keep us updated over the next 5K miles. I may be #2. BTW, who did your install? What PSI are you running? Does it create *BIG* grins? Unfortunately, I am not in SoCal and cannot drive over to TS for the reflash. May just drive down and take a few weeks to see the old stomping ground (born in E. LA) in my black, externally stock sleeper and eat some rice.

Old 06-01-2004, 11:18 PM

Also, how are you thermostatically triggering the fans? Drilling and tapping into the coolant return for the thermocouple? Are they flex-a-lite fans? If so, what is the part# for the fan kit? Any MPG feedback? I'm getting stoked now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen G35 Auto Sedan Supercharger - Anyone?