Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My little build with the new Vi-PEC EMS.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Update:

Well I thought I was starting it last night. We got the fuel system all hooked up and put 3" turn downs after the down pipes. Temporary until we get the exhaust sorted out.

But.....we had a few small fuel leaks we got sorted out, Then we cranked the car over with the fuel pumps off to pump some oil around LETS START THIS BABY, oh we forgot to adjust the fuel pressure regulator so we turn it up to about 40psi and the injectors start leaking that was at 3am so we shut it down. Now I have to pull the intake off and see what the problem is hopefully I get it running tonight. My wife is getting sick of the car I worked two full weekends in a row and the week inbetween I was working on the car from supper time till after midnight, then I flew to Montreal for work for a week now my first day back I work on the car all night again. I am in a hurry to get it running because Saturday i go to Hinton for work for ten days then home for 2 days then down south for a week of holidays so time is running out I want this thing running so its not on my mind steady.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by red35
Well thank you Captain Obvious. Just wondering if lightspeed got it running or do i need to keep my weekend clear?
LOL, the 'help' is getting a little testy...

Old 07-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
LOL, the 'help' is getting a little testy...
Wage cuts are in order....

Old 07-29-2009, 04:41 AM
Well it ran today! I drove it for about 1/2 an hour. I runs good we were mostly road tuning I didn't really get into any boost. I went with 3" dumps off the down pipes for now it sounds insane the turbos whistle like crazy , I hope to have the exhaust finished by Friday. My gauges are not working yet so I am going to get them going ASAP and I need to wire in the boost controller and install the catch can then hopefully get a full dyno tune on the 10-11th of August.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Here are a few pictures I am still working on everything I just got it all running yesterday and I just want to drive it but over the winter I am going to fix and repolish the piping and clean up the wiring/wire tuck.

I am fully aware how lame it is to drive around with the tow hook in I just drove it home from the shop last night and I am about to go find the front bumper plug.

Here are pictures of the dumps off the down pipe I have a short video of some light reving the car

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 07-29-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Wage cuts are in order....
I am still waiting for my cheque in the mail. It is coming right?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by red35
I am still waiting for my cheque in the mail. It is coming right?
yep in the mail

Old 07-30-2009, 02:38 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice dude!! The car sounds awesome. Can't wait to see what it dynos. Keep us posted.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
well something started leaking last night not sure what it is but leaking lots of fluid is under the car. I think its power steering fluid. I am just sick of fvcking with this thing.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Well I got the exhaust all done. We started putting it on the dyno for tuning Thursday at 8am ran in to a few issues getting the water/methonol injection going. Then we had to get all of the sensors hooked up and we started on a dyno pack so it took some time to get it on there. The tuning when well everything was going good but the wastgates were opening at 10psi even though they were supposed to be set to 17psi and I didn't have my electronic boost controlled wired in( i thought 17psi would be good for now) so I ended up running a manual boost controler and we were back in buisness. The dyno pack was only good for 500ft/lbs of torque and we were maxing that out at 4000rpm. So we switched to the Mustang dyno to finish the tuning we tuned it to 7000rpm and noticed the cosworth intake seemed to leaking we tryed some meth/water and it pissed out of the cozi every where turns out the bolts on the CF caps had backed out and I couldn't get them to seal again so I will have to pull it apart and reseal it anyway that ended our dyno tuning night it was about 2am (had several other issues that slowed us down that I won't go into mostly the builders fault.....ME). So we did some road tuning for drivability then i took it for a few pulls on along straight away it was insane by 4000rpm it was crazy at 6000rpm the tires were breaking loose. I was a little scared its quite a jump from the 400whp I had and I havent drove that for over a year now.

Now the bad news on Friday I had a coolant leak so I tightened up a few fittings and ran the car on the hoist it looked like it was all good. Then I though it was only leaking when hot so I took it out for a few short pulls brought it back to the shop and let it idle while I cleaned up my mess. Then a buddy showed up so I was BSing with him when the car stalled It wouldn't start again so I let it cool off for about an hour then tryied again I had to give it gas to start it, the oil presser was fine and it was idling with a AFR of 14 but it didn't want to idle then it made a sound of metal hitting metal about 3 times and I shut it down. So today i guess i am going to see what happened maybe timing tentioner failed and timing skipped it was a good 1 day of driving with 17psi

Old 08-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Well i hope its not broke. Keep us informed.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

That bites. Was the Cosworth a polished unit from Cosworth? I thought they got the end cap thing fixed. Not quite sure how the bolts would back out though.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by rookie
That bites. Was the Cosworth a polished unit from Cosworth? I thought they got the end cap thing fixed. Not quite sure how the bolts would back out though.
Yep the polished version right from Cosworth. I didn't have my exhaust plumbed in for awhile and I was running open dumps there was alot of vibration that may have contributed or it might have been a few heat cycles and I never checked them again.

After inital inspection i think it might be a valve spring that broke. i hope to find out more today.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 08-30-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by rookie

I have talked to other cosworth owners it seem the bolts backing out are fairly common. Did you thread lock yours in? i think i will this time.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 06-26-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

I've checked mine after it's been installed for a while and no loose bolts. Can check again next week and let you know if I find any loose.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My little build with the new Vi-PEC EMS.