Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My little build with the new Vi-PEC EMS.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
My little build with the new Vi-PEC EMS.

Engine in

adding the Evans NPG-R

So where am I at now? I have everything installed and the car runs, but i have an exhaust leak I have to chase down then onto the dyno!![/QUOTE]

Original post VVV

Hi guys I am in the midst of a build when it came to engine managment I decided to go a different route than most.
I decided with the Vi-PEC V88 with the help of my tuner. l live in Canada and am fortunate enough to live close to a top notch tuner and shop, Cam at Lightspeed Innovations is a very knowledgable guy he dosent see alot of G/Zs but he has a few to his credit and has installed alot of Vi-PECs. The V88 has tons of nice features and it will run the drive by wire on its own without using the factory ECU as a piggy back. I am not really versed on all of the features but dual fuel tables,flat shift, launch control, anti lag, it will run water/meth injection and close loop wide band were a few that seemed like good features to me.
So far we have the car running with the Vi-PEC and it is running the drive by wire flawlessly. I am doing a build over the next few weeks we wanted to get the Vi-PEC in and running before we went to pulling the engine and changing out the complete fuel system due to this being the first G/Z running this system I was not 100% sure it would even work(my tuner was more confident than me) they had a few hiccups but it works great now. I think it will be availible as a plug and play unit for our cars in the near future as Lightspeed built a plug and play harness for my car that I belive they will continue to build them for Vi-PEC. I payed under $2300USD for the V88 which I thought was decent for the amount of features it had. I am very excited to get my build going now that we have the EMS all worked out. I will keep you guys posted on the progress it looks like we have a new option for enginemanagment I think Cass007 will be using the same unit so we will have a couple cars to see how well this system performs.

The turbos are still up in the air I have the JWT 530kit now. I am not sure if I should run the 700bb or the 850bbs.

Anything I missed or additional things you guys recommend (I ommitted alot of the little things that I do have oil pump ect ect)
Thanks for your time guys:
Gord

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 06-26-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Here is a feature list if anyone is interested.
http://www.lightspeedinnovations.com/upload/ViPEC.pdf

Video of the VI-PEC running my car.

I will have a few more pictures in the next day or two of some gooood stuff and by the end of next week I hope to have 95% of my stuff.:thumbup:

My new tires are in Nitto Invo 305/35-19 and 275/35-19 for the front.

I hope that thing fits

alot less stretch on the fronts with the 275

No stretch on the rear with the 305

1000cc HKS injectors

I got two of these in one is in my wifes car already our youngest girl is almost a year and isnt 20lbs yet our girls are both tiny not sure where hey get that from

Aquamist water/meth injection installed.

Update

My engine and brakes came in.
Wilwood 6 pot fronts 4pot rears 14" rotors

the 305s fit with -1.15deg camber

I know everything is filthy I drove it into the shop and pulled the motor then towed it back to my garage.

A box from Forged arrived today.

CJM twin pumps

2 step colder plugs

Nismo thermos stat

Update:
Got a little work done over the week end just cosmetic things.

Almost done polishing the engine cover just some mothers and it should be good to go.

I painted the valve covers.
They were stained before

After they look ok

Painted valve covers on

I painted the aluminum hats on my two piece rotors.

Rare JDM engine harness cover.

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 06-26-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Added video
Old 02-18-2009, 02:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats sweet. any ideas on how much power thats gonna push?

Old 02-18-2009, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by gizmo134
thats sweet. any ideas on how much power thats gonna push?
I guess it depends on what turbos I use and the intercoolers on the JWT TT kit will be a restriction if I go for big power. I am a guy that always wants more and hates doing things twice so I tend to over kill it from the start and hope by the end it will be enough to keep me happy.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice! sounds like a killer set-up you got there. keep me informed on the v88, namely how its holding up. BTW, pm me a price for your JWT530BB. i might be interested if i can find a buyer for the TN.

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I guess it depends on what turbos I use and the intercoolers on the JWT TT kit will be a restriction if I go for big power. I am a guy that always wants more and hates doing things twice so I tend to over kill it from the start and hope by the end it will be enough to keep me happy.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds sick. Go with the 850bbs, you already have big enough injectors to make huge power, I don't see a reason to go with the smaller turbos. Especially when you said your the type of guy that wants more.

Good luck! can't wait to see what kinda numbers it puts up

Old 02-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
at least get the 700BB, i mean w/ those injectors and twin fuel pumps, so are gonna have the capabilities of making a lot of power, so might as well get some turbo that will make the power

another thing, why go w/ a stillen exhast? i would think a dual 3in set up would be best for this build

Old 02-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
I am subscibing to this thread as this sounds like another good ems.Please keep us updated as to how the ems is working for you.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by escobar929
at least get the 700BB, i mean w/ those injectors and twin fuel pumps, so are gonna have the capabilities of making a lot of power, so might as well get some turbo that will make the power

another thing, why go w/ a stillen exhast? i would think a dual 3in set up would be best for this build
It will be 700 or 850s unless my wife has her way then it will 530s this year and next year I would go bigger. 530s would be a total waste with the other parts I have. I am into this for over $20k this year if it wasnt for the current economy I would be all over the 850s and bigger intercoolers.

I already have the stillen exhaust next year I will likely go with a custom turbo back dual 3". Like I said its getting to the point I cringe every time I have to buy something else.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:50 PM
It will be 700 or 850s unless my wife has her way then it will 530s this year and next year I would go bigger. 530s would be a total waste with the other parts I have. I am into this for over $20k this year if it wasnt for the current economy I would be all over the 850s and bigger intercoolers.

I already have the stillen exhaust next year I will likely go with a custom turbo back dual 3". Like I said its getting to the point I cringe every time I have to buy something else.
yea man, i hear ya bro. times are rough

best of luck man, cant wait to see what kinda numbers you put down

Old 02-27-2009, 07:51 PM
The car is now fully tuned with the 530bb kit. It made 412whp and increase of about 15whp on the same boost and with 91 octane gas that has been in the tank since october. Cam (the tuner) didnt really push it he just wanted a map for cars with the 530bb kit he does in the future. Now hopefully we will pull the engine tonight.

PS I bought 850bb turbos but they wont be here till near the end of March/April

Old 02-28-2009, 12:45 PM
how has the EMS been so far as how smooth it has been running?

did you guys run into any hiccups along the way tuning it?

Old 03-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by civic4982
how has the EMS been so far as how smooth it has been running?

did you guys run into any hiccups along the way tuning it?
I havent been driving the car we have lots of snow here. I think there was a few hiccups but they solved them all the same day tuning took them one day I believe I wasnt around since the entire car is being completely redone I didn't really care much about this tune. I will be around for the next one for sure. I will be able to give a full review after the mods are done and I have some seat/race time with the car.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Here is a video of the Vi-PEC running the drive by wire throttle on my car.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Here is a video of the Vi-PEC running the drive by wire throttle on my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AggV_-rFYM
Im likeing this ems more and more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My little build with the new Vi-PEC EMS.