Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Any Mechanics In Socal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTim
We have a few tricks up our sleeves My favorite trick is to challenge guys who think they are the sh*t to a one on one build-off.LOL. Havent had anyone step up to the plate yet.
probably not a "trick", but my favorite build was your turbocharged Smart Car.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 AM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
whatever you do,do not take your car to Scott at Relentless.He cant tune a lawnmower and he certainly cannot put a car together without the help of other shops.You mine as well skip the middleman and save some cashola.We would be more then willing to help you out if you need......
You are so full of ****, as well as everyone else regarding him, it amazes/sickens me.

Please, please, please tell me how many twin turbo VQs on STOCK block do you have still running with ZERO major problems for at least TWO years?

Now, let me say that Scott has three here in Vegas. Mine for two years. One other one for I think 4 years now? And one other for about 2 2/12. These cars are still running today all on the sh1tty JWT ss box with stock injectors. He sure does ****ty work! My god what a terrible thing that is to have. Remember this is just our small Vegas crew. Mine has been tracked once and multiple autocrosses. My temp was above 260° during the track day, for pretty much the whole day. The 4 year car has seen many track days.

If you don't like him, that is fine. But do not go around speading this **** on this site. This is NOT my350z.

Last edited by Canadian; 03-11-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:59 AM
DAmn....lol...i didnt know asking this question was gunna open up something like this lol.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol, this thread just got that much better

Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Relentless has been around for four years?

Originally Posted by Canadian
One other one for I think 4 years now? The 4 year car has seen many track days.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Canada, eh?

Originally Posted by threatcon07
Relentless has been around for four years?
2 1/2-3. The car was done before RA by Scott and the same mechanic that Scott uses, Mark Brent.

Last edited by Canadian; 03-11-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ You have to consider the statement of your friend sdgeneral, you have to admitt that was pretty opinionated. Right? That's why people blow.

It's always going to be like this, I'm not a fi guy but I kept watch too much, its the same 5 people/customers that RA has vs everybody and 200 of gtm's customers. I mean with the ratio, you can't really attack. Especially when other companys and even Uprev themselves say something. You can't smash a shop that build 100s of VQs over the years compared to a shop that been open for 3 years that has 5 customers on board, you just can't, you should know that you're a staff too.

All I'm getting out of this, if I had no money and wanted fi ill go RA, if I had money and want the peace of mind Ill go GTM or Forged or SFR, it's as simple as that. Cause with what gtm has released for our cars and what they have done, also working with uprev, i dont see the point going to RA? Im SURE Scott could do the job, I'm not doubting him, but why go there, unless like i said, i need to save/have no money.

And SDGeneral Counsel is a actually a nice guy, he may have his supder duper strong opinion and don't show sympathy but a few of us said wussup to him before. If i were to go fi personally id go gtm tho, but thats my opinion. For god sakes people send him their cars from all over the world! You have to give the guy props too, you can't bash him like he's some mamma/poppa shop, he did some AMAZING things on my friends car.

PS. Dont smash me too cause I said I would go gtm, I dont doubt your tuner/shop whatsoever!

Last edited by g35_Smilie; 03-11-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=Canadian;4001777]You are so full of ****, as well as everyone else regarding him, it amazes/sickens me.

Please, please, please tell me how many twin turbo VQs on STOCK block do you have still running with ZERO major problems for at least TWO years?

My car has 45K miles on it and it has been running for four years.Still on stock engine.We have well over 20 customers with our turbo system that are on stock engiens still. I have thousands of customers for the last 13 years for all sorts of different cars that are used for different things like street,road race,drag,racing,etc.........Scott is not in the same league as us.Scott came into our Shop with Michael Alvarez and had us build them a car and then they decided to start their own business when they have no skill,ability or knowledge.Look where that dned up.Now I will say Scott could out drive me and I give him props their but that is the only thing he can out do me in.

Now, let me say that Scott has three here in Vegas. Mine for two years. One other one for I think 4 years now? And one other for about 2 2/12. These cars are still running today all on the sh1tty JWT ss box with stock injectors. He sure does ****ty work! My god what a terrible thing that is to have. Remember this is just our small Vegas crew. Mine has been tracked once and multiple autocrosses. My temp was above 260° during the track day, for pretty much the whole day. The 4 year car has seen many track days.

The thing is Scott didnt build your engine,install it or tune it so why are you praising him? Scott is a scammer.You did get scammed by him.You bought a motor from him that didnt have the parts you paid for. I have the build sheet in front of me. You can deny it, say it is BS or whatever,but the truth is the truth.

If you don't like him, that is fine. But do not go around speading this **** on this site. This is NOT my350z.

I am spreading the truth.Good day.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:59 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g35_Smilie
^ You have to consider the statement of your friend sdgeneral, you have to admitt that was pretty opinionated. Right? That's why people blow.

It's always going to be like this, I'm not a fi guy but I kept watch too much, its the same 5 people/customers that RA has vs everybody and 200 of gtm's customers. I mean with the ratio, you can't really attack. Especially when other companys and even Uprev themselves say something. You can't smash a shop that build 100s of VQs over the years compared to a shop that been open for 3 years that has 5 customers on board, you just can't, you should know that you're a staff too.

All I'm getting out of this, if I had no money and wanted fi ill go RA, if I had money and want the peace of mind Ill go GTM or Forged or SFR, it's as simple as that. Cause with what gtm has released for our cars and what they have done, also working with uprev, i dont see the point going to RA? Im SURE Scott could do the job, I'm not doubting him, but why go there, unless like i said, i need to save/have no money.

And SDGeneral Counsel is a actually a nice guy, he may have his supder duper strong opinion and don't show sympathy but a few of us said wussup to him before. If i were to go fi personally id go gtm tho, but thats my opinion. For god sakes people send him their cars from all over the world! You have to give the guy props too, you can't bash him like he's some mamma/poppa shop, he did some AMAZING things on my friends car.

PS. Dont smash me too cause I said I would go gtm, I dont doubt your tuner/shop whatsoever!
You make a d@mn good point....Lets break this down a little!!!!!

GTM/FP/SFR/Intense/SP have done hundreds of 600+ whp cars while RA has done a hand full of LESS than 500whp cars.

If Shop (A) builds ( Lets say) 200 cars a year and Shop (B) builds 3 a year....Shop (A) has 2 motors go bad but shop (B) has no issues. Does that make shop (A) a bad shop?? Shop (A) can afford to cover any mistakes they make. But can shop (B)

( As a wise Doctor once said " All shops make mistakes, but its how they handle that mistake that counts")

Shop (A) builds cars with 600,700,800+ whp and post the entire build with dyno info, video's , items used, the name of the owners girl friend ...but Shop (B) makes crazy CLAIMS of big WHP and refuses to post proof of said claims. Which shop would you trust

The owner of Shop (A) has the know how to do any kind of build a customer wants....while the owner of shop (B) knows how to post on the internet

Like I said before....You made a great point...If you are low on funds but want to go FI ( not a smart move) Well then...Shop (B) is for you....If you want a build that has been proven to make big power and if it does have problems they will cover it....then shop (A) is for you. Its that simple.

Here is what I look for in a shop...

1) Must have an address.
2) Must have a clean shop
3) Must have a track record of big builds and is willing to back up his/her work
4) Must have inventory of parts..
5) Owner MUST know how to do the build himself ( if staff is out sick..I dont want to hear any BS of delay)
6) Must have a good amount of staff members or a great working relationship with other big shops. 2 brains are better then one.
7) Shop MUST have proper license and insurance...if you F-up my car dont call me.
8) Tuning skills...A must have in this market.
9) Shop must have a fabricator...I always want to be different and require one off parts !!!!
10) Shop must be able to adjust to my needs. If I want them to do custom interior work...All I want to hear is "Yes Sir"
11) My car must NEVER be left outside over night .
12) My car must remain clean as the way I gave it to you. If I give it to you dirty...I want to back clean

That is my small list....I wont bother you with my long list.

Lawchick keeps pointing to GTM that they have had some motor issues in the past...True....2 of the motors are of people on here that I like....The issues were with the machine shop and sleeves and not with install..... Would I get a motor from GTM Yes....Thats where the new motor going in my car is coming from....Why...because **** can go wrong no matter what...but with FP and GTM doing my car I have no worries....

For those of you that dont know me on this website....Sharif build my motor in 2007... I went from 550 to 600 to 700 and now over 800 whp with no issues...and now I am going for over 1000 whp... well, no issues that Sharif caused...it was the lightweight pulley damaged my crank. Even though it was not his fault...he fix it free. I did not pay a dime... I hear the same stories about GTM, Intense, SFR and some of the other big name shops...so I dont want to hear "Its because its you" BS.

So thats my long winded story.... Go with the shop that have the track record of great builds and has a track record of HONESTY !!!!

Last edited by XKR; 03-11-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Canada, eh?

The thing is Scott didnt build your engine,install it or tune it so why are you praising him? Scott is a scammer.You did get scammed by him.You bought a motor from him that didnt have the parts you paid for. I have the build sheet in front of me. You can deny it, say it is BS or whatever,but the truth is the truth.
Hey buddy, I don't have a built motor. However, if I don't get it done locally he would be the one I go to. What the hell are you talking about you have the build sheet in front of you? Build sheet for what? The fact is that after talking to Scott - he knows a helluva lot more than most people I've seen on here. His mechanic alone I would trust over your whole shop. Admit it, you don't like him. Because you don't like him, this leaves you to believe he is a scammer and lets all the logic go out the window for you. You find me one legitimate customer of Scotts that has proof that he/she has been scammed/ripped off and I will gladly retract everything I've ever said. Until then, continue to make up your lies.

What makes you say I won't get the parts I paid for? He has never had a built engine failure, nor has he had any ANY!!!!! customer complain about getting scammed. You can say that is the truth, but in reality that is YOUR opinion. It is also the OPINION of multiple other people, but you must realize it is an OPINION. It is NOT TRUTH. As me, and everyone has always said in the past - where, please tell me, WHERE is the proof of your allegations of Scott being a scammer? Oh, I'm sorry you have none.

As I said, do not spread this crap here as it is over on my350, as this is not a drama fest board and we actually have admins/mods who care about the content of this website.

With all that said, I'm done trying to explain myself and Scott, to you people. You obviously never will listen to reason. The fact is, if Scott somehow made a 2000whp G35 tomorrow with every kind of dyno to prove it you all would make up some excuses and call it BS. The dyno's weren't calibrated, the weather was off, something was broken, blah blah blah.

I hope you all have a good day

Old 03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
The fact is he has not posted a legitimate dyno after four years, and never will. The funny thing is how most people see how fraudulent the guy is, even sdgeneralidiot was a victim of his shadiness previously. Then when they meet him personally, he performs his snake oil magic trick show which is how almost all scammers operate. (They say"Come talk to me in person because its easier to deceive/trick you one on one rather than conning a whole group") Afterwards, the people who meet him end up believing every single word he says and forgets about all the crap he's pulled before. How can a customer of his, which on the average has very limited knowledge of FI and cars in general, even make an assumption that he knows more than someone from another shop? That's like an ant trying to tell a human being how to drive. Illogical. It's truly sad. Have a great day!

The fact is, if Scott somehow made a 2000whp G35 tomorrow with every kind of dyno to prove it you all would make up some excuses and call it BS.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ZoomZoom08
That have put on turbo(S) before and maybe be looking for another job?
I just wonder if this forum is ever going to talk about cars and going fast again

Nahh let's just keep talking **** about people who work on them.

Brb 4 weeks when I fix my murdered motor.

Last edited by Jtrain; 03-11-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Canada, eh?

Originally Posted by jtrain
i just wonder if this forum is ever going to talk about cars and going fast again

nahh let's just keep talking **** about people who work on them.

Brb 4 weeks when i fix my murdered motor.
+1000000

Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
The fact is, if Scott somehow made a 2000whp G35 tomorrow with every kind of dyno to prove it you all would make up some excuses and call it BS. The dyno's weren't calibrated, the weather was off, something was broken, blah blah blah.

This comment may have a snowballs chance in hell if he was to post just 1 dyno.
This comment may have a snowballs chance in hell if he had a legitimate shop.

2000whp? Lol, why don't you try baby steps: Hit 800whp first, then 900whp, then......

Originally Posted by Jtrain
I just wonder if this forum is ever going to talk about cars and going fast again

Let me start....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoas-l03RhU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoas-l03RhU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7d7L_z2XOA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7d7L_z2XOA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Darren(backs **** up son)

Old 03-11-2009, 06:21 PM
GTM
Former G35driver Vendor
^^^ That is one bad @ss G, makes my G feel like a baby

I'm only pushing 700rwhp

Oh yea I back my **** up too.....

That's how we(legitimate shops)roll

-George
GT Motorsports

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Mechanics In Socal