Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Any Mechanics In Socal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hehehe George
2 shops backing up their numbers.
Wonder if anyone from this thread will post up a recent "RA dyno"?

(doubtful, to say the least)

Old 03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Oh yea, forgot the dynos.

Canadian and NOT a Lawyer, take notes. This is what is required to back up dyno numbers:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytPepN-wKTY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytPepN-wKTY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
So it is possible to post video's and dyno runs....HMmmm......Why is it that you guys are the only ones allowed to post this info and one other shop is not allowed to do the same...Did you have to pay extra

Old 03-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by XKR
So it is possible to post video's and dyno runs....HMmmm......Why is it that you guys are the only ones allowed to post this info and one other shop is not allowed to do the same...Did you have to pay extra
Hahahaha..

Here's an oldie but goodie for a different platform than VQ based RWD from almost 2.5 years ago. Isn't that when RA was supposed to have started??

The car is now in the low 8's, but you do the math for the HP:

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

Car w/ driver: 3900lbs
(no weight reduction, only weight addition w/ fmic, turbo, full cage)
Stock 6-speed
9.2ET
158 MPH

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzMNQMr70JI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzMNQMr70JI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Like drag racing or not but it provides a very clear picture and empirical evidence of the whp a car is putting down. For all vendors out there that want to back up their hp claims...

Old 03-11-2009, 07:06 PM
GTM
Former G35driver Vendor
I'm scared to break my axles

None the less I will be taking my G down the 1/4 just to get an idea, I haven't even been to a drag strip in over 2 years (I am not a drag guy )

Also my G is HEAVY!

Nice run guys, those cars are no joke!

-George
GT Motorsports

Old 03-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian
Hey buddy, I don't have a built motor. However, if I don't get it done locally he would be the one I go to. What the hell are you talking about you have the build sheet in front of you? Build sheet for what? The fact is that after talking to Scott - he knows a helluva lot more than most people I've seen on here. His mechanic alone I would trust over your whole shop. Admit it, you don't like him. Because you don't like him, this leaves you to believe he is a scammer and lets all the logic go out the window for you. You find me one legitimate customer of Scotts that has proof that he/she has been scammed/ripped off and I will gladly retract everything I've ever said. Until then, continue to make up your lies.

What makes you say I won't get the parts I paid for? He has never had a built engine failure, nor has he had any ANY!!!!! customer complain about getting scammed. You can say that is the truth, but in reality that is YOUR opinion. It is also the OPINION of multiple other people, but you must realize it is an OPINION. It is NOT TRUTH. As me, and everyone has always said in the past - where, please tell me, WHERE is the proof of your allegations of Scott being a scammer? Oh, I'm sorry you have none.

As I said, do not spread this crap here as it is over on my350, as this is not a drama fest board and we actually have admins/mods who care about the content of this website.

With all that said, I'm done trying to explain myself and Scott, to you people. You obviously never will listen to reason. The fact is, if Scott somehow made a 2000whp G35 tomorrow with every kind of dyno to prove it you all would make up some excuses and call it BS. The dyno's weren't calibrated, the weather was off, something was broken, blah blah blah.

I hope you all have a good day

My bad, It was the BC fellow who got scammed on a motor.I dont like Scott becasue he portrays himself as a guru when it comes to Nissans but in actualltiy,hew can do very little himself.Is that bad,no. It making your customers unaware of this bad,Yes.As far as you trusting us....I could really care less.We dont need your business or your money.Frankly,I would pass up on that 30K build and do something else just so I dont have to deal with someone like you.As far as scott being a scammer,this is from my own experience with him.ME PERSONALLY DEALING WITH HIM.ME DEALING WITH SHOPS HE DEALS WITH,HE IS KNOWN AS THE BARTERING BASTARD IN THIS NECK OF THE WOODS.AS FAR AS CUSTOMERS WHO GOT SCAMMED BY HIM....WE JUST WORKED ON A WHITE 350Z FOR A CERTAIN GENTELMAN WHO SAID HE WOULD NEVER TAKE THE CAR BACK TO RA AND HAD BOUGHT SOME BOGUS *** PARTS FROM SCOTT.I WONT MENTION HIS NAME PUBLICLY BUT I WOULD BE MORE THEN HAPPY TO TELL YOU PRIVATELY.

tIM

Old 03-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTim
I WOULD BE MORE THEN HAPPY TO TELL YOU PRIVATELY.
Please do.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:23 PM
XKR
WOW...Nice numbers Darren and George........

Now if only we could get to see that SPECIAL DYNO SHEET AND VIDEO from Scott/RA/VRT...waiting for 4 years now !!

Last edited by XKR; 03-11-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian
Please do.

Pm sent.Dyno vid to back up 700+WHP.There is another car with one of our production twin turbo systems with 67mm's that has hit over 1000WHP now.Waiting for some vids and the charts though since the owner is a busy man and flys all over the world.

http://www.speedforceracing.com/videos/740dyno.wmv

Last edited by TurboTim; 03-11-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:59 PM
XKR
Nice job Tim..........I have a feeling that Mr "S" might post that long awaited dyno runs with the 750+.......I cant wait.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by XKR
Nice job Tim..........I have a feeling that Mr "S" might post that long awaited dyno runs with the 750+.......I cant wait.
Thanks.That was from a few years back when the VRT crew was making thier claims....we were actually doing it

Old 03-12-2009, 02:37 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Logic would dictate that, if you have shop allegiance, you would, using whatever means required, procure/obtain/etc at least ONE dyno or video of the a shop build (RA in this instance) that you guys so highly speak of -- especially considering that RA has come under so much scrutiny and doubt on so many rwd VQ specific boards in the past few weeks.

The obvious lack of any dyno/video from camp RA on any of the ongoing threads makes NOT-A-LAWYER's poor attempt at misdirection and blatant misinformation concerning GTM on the first page of this thread beyond laughable.

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induc...on-a-vq-2.html

Page 2 is a dooozy! We rapidly approaching 2 years old on this thread, and not yet 1 dyno to back up any of Scott's claims. Sad.

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
I have always been honest and upfront with everyone here in this comunity to the best of my ability and knowledge, and I am telling you we made these (749 whp) numbers, on this dyno in these conditions not more than 4-5 hours ago
This one is a classic that everyone should bookmark. I bet our boy Scotty wishes this post/thread was vaporized...

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Just made 749.?? WHP a couple hours ago, in 95 degree wheather on JWT's dynapac @ only 20 psi (without even trying) we are just trying to tune it a little better for this weekends Time Attack (it is going to be 109 deg. there). Thats why SinCity is asking....

Wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I got a wild hair . This is a VQ35 (non-stroked) with S2 cams (still), with the GT30's and the JWT clutch and flywheel (still returnless, for now).

(disproving that "fake can be just as good")

EDIT: 3 SHOPS NOW BACKING UP THEIR WHP CLAIMS IN THIS THREAD...

Old 03-12-2009, 03:00 AM
GTM
Former G35driver Vendor
Nice numbers Tim! Solid builds FTW!

Just remembered this thread from BACK in the day when all this VRT BS was going on, 855rwhp in Feb. 07 with DYNOS & VIDEO to BACK IT UP:

http://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds/...hp-22-psi.html

LMFAO at 'lawchick's comment at the beginning of this thread!

-George
GT Motorsports

Old 03-12-2009, 04:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I absolutely love all this drama. I want to go FI just so I can play with you guys, on the tracks and on the forums (._.)

Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 AM
XKR
Originally Posted by zt967
I absolutely love all this drama. I want to go FI just so I can play with you guys, on the tracks and on the forums (._.)

Not too late to go FI....just dont pick the wrong shop

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Mechanics In Socal