Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Which front bumper works best with the APS Extreme TT intercooler?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I talked to Frank about "painting" the intercooler black. He actually brought it up as an option but I'll double-check to make sure it's not going to adversely affect cooling.

Right now I've got the replica Nismo bumper on my ride so it looks nice. But to maximize airflow I really need a bumper with on big opening, front and center. Although I really like that wide body kit you posted, the front openings are not very tall. In addition, it looks like I'd need to get the entire kit - it appears that the bumper alone would not match up to my stock fenders...

Old 06-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by shdowflare
Yeah I talked to Frank about "painting" the intercooler black. He actually brought it up as an option but I'll double-check to make sure it's not going to adversely affect cooling.

Right now I've got the replica Nismo bumper on my ride so it looks nice. But to maximize airflow I really need a bumper with on big opening, front and center. Although I really like that wide body kit you posted, the front openings are not very tall. In addition, it looks like I'd need to get the entire kit - it appears that the bumper alone would not match up to my stock fenders...
I think the kit is just widebody...but you can always go wit CS

http://www.silviaparts.com/body-kits...15/chargespeed

Old 06-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Funny you mention that, I've already got the ChargeSpeed hood. Their bumper looks a little too aggressive for my tastes though. I think the Kuruma Z bumper would be more subtle and open up nicely for that IC cool airflow!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Seems that the Greddy bumper would have been designed for the Greddy intercooler.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Seems that the Greddy bumper would have been designed for the Greddy intercooler.
Thats what i have.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Hmmmm... the ChargeSpeed isnt bad, now that I see it on that white ride above. I was really worried about those corner sections - they really stand out on that show car. I need mine to be nice and discreet, like on the white G above.

They might be a good match for my ChargeSpeed hood too. Since I've decided to switch over to the APS extreme twin turbo kit now, how can I determine whether any aftermarket bumper will accommodate the 5" wide intercooler?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Got any more pics of this white G? I'd like to see some different angles so I can figure if I really like the look of this bumper before dropping $1000 on it. All I can find online are the stock photos of that blue show car!

Originally Posted by HomieG35
Why hasn't anyone said ChargeSpeed? I think the opening is larger then the GReddy... Looks sick and not many people have it either!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks man. It does look sick but I'm not exactly hot on those side cowls up near the wheel wells. I'll prolly stick to the Kuruma Z for now....

Old 06-01-2009, 11:57 PM
kuruma is the way to go.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:51 AM
Hmmmm... the ChargeSpeed isnt bad, now that I see it on that white ride above. I was really worried about those corner sections - they really stand out on that show car. I need mine to be nice and discreet, like on the white G above.

They might be a good match for my ChargeSpeed hood too. Since I've decided to switch over to the APS extreme twin turbo kit now, how can I determine whether any aftermarket bumper will accommodate the 5" wide intercooler?
go custom and have a shop fill in that voided arear on the corners of the CS bumper or make ducks for an oil cooler and brake ducts

Old 06-02-2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks man. It does look sick but I'm not exactly hot on those side cowls up near the wheel wells. I'll prolly stick to the Kuruma Z for now....
Not feelin da sides but the front and rear is def HOT.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Kurookie sedan bumper (based on kuruma) with 18G Greddy IC.

A lot of IC is not getting direct air flow:

And here's the Greddy:

Old 06-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks, Tim.

Looks like the Greddy bumper gets air to hit a few more fins on the IC, but I don't think it's that much more that the Kuruma. And based on the HP/TQ you're safely pushing, I'd say that Kurookie bumper is doing just fine!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which front bumper works best with the APS Extreme TT intercooler?