Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech Build...Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009 | 07:06 PM
|
Vortech Build...Opinions Please

Hey guys,

So here is my Vortech Build in the works right now. Please give me any opinions/comments/suggestions you have. If you think i need something additional post it up. 04 G35C 6MT

Vortech V-2 SI Trim Blower Tuner Kit
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
AAM Stage 1 Fuel Return system with fuel rails
Deatschwerk 600cc injectors
AAM Oil Pan Spacer
AAM Oil feed line kit for vortech supercharger
Z1 or Ichiba Headers
Kinetix Velocity Intake
Greddy oil catch can
All motul fluids as usual
NGK #5 one step colder iridium spark plugs
Z1 radiator hose kit
New radiator possibly koyo or ARC
UTEC with Map sensor
Replace all vortech clamps with T-Bolt clamps
3 Gauge setup - Wideband 02, Boost, and ????? any suggestions for the third

Im currently running the X02 Exhaust and Kinetix HFCs, Stoptech Stage 2 brakes, JWT Clutch/Flywheel.

Getting it Function:Tuned...

Thanks,
Cory

Old 06-22-2009 | 07:09 PM
oil pressure also id upgrade the exhuast i mean why not right? but post up pics as soon as you can

Old 06-22-2009 | 08:15 PM
|
yea ive been leaning towards oil temp or oil pressure

i already have the 2.5 inch true dual catback, high flow cats, and im adding headers with this install

Old 06-22-2009 | 08:26 PM
I've had bad luck with a pair of Ichiba headers, but it's not the norm since i've seen a few people install them with success. I changed out the Ichiba ones to Tomei ones.

For the radiator, depending on the thickness, it may not fit with a SC so you might have to get a thin profile fan shroud. However you probably won't need to replace the radiator but you'd probably want to add an Oil Cooler instead since your V2 will heat up the oil quickly.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Old 06-22-2009 | 09:05 PM
SI trims....I would do headers later when build motor on the side.

Shoot PM to str8dum1 about injectors, he is running 600 injectors with SI trim plus CJM stage 2. He can give you clear an idea what injectors you should go with. But i would say go bigger.

I would go with CJM RFS, many people loves their quality.

I think dave's dyno read little lower than any other dyno dynamic, but i'm sure you will hit over 400whp on his dyno.

Old 06-22-2009 | 09:21 PM
i wouldnt even bother with the headers. huge pain the *** to install and you can make alot of power without them.
not sure what intake that is, but you dont use an intake with a supercharger. the filter sits right on the blower.

I'd say take your header, catch can, radiator and UTEC money and buy a FCON or Haltech as well. thats money better spent.

Old 06-23-2009 | 01:03 AM
|
if the headers really are not worth it then ill just say screw it

i already have a utec from when i got tuned when i was NA

any real difference between the AAM Stage 1 RFS and the CJM?

if i dont need the radiator either ill just wait on that too

i just want to get this done safely and survive around 400whp until i can get some money for the motor build and other such things

Old 06-23-2009 | 03:22 AM
get a meth/alco injection system lower psi higher numbers check out the vortech thread at my350z.com

Old 06-23-2009 | 04:08 PM
|
anyone had problems with the aam fuel return or is it just that people like the cjm too?

Old 06-23-2009 | 05:56 PM
The older AAM systems had a fuel smell (lines would sweat) however that was a long time ago and I haven't heard of any issues with newer ones nor do I have any smells with mine. There is really little difference between the cjm/aam kits as they use the same regulators but each has their own custom rail both which are equally good.

Also, 600cc injectors should be more than enough since you have a return system. I am laying down 450whp before my 440's max out so unless you are building your block anything over 600 imo is way overkill and will only make your car even more of a b*tch to start up.

Old 06-23-2009 | 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by str8dum1
i wouldnt even bother with the headers. huge pain the *** to install and you can make alot of power without them.
not sure what intake that is, but you dont use an intake with a supercharger. the filter sits right on the blower.

I'd say take your header, catch can, radiator and UTEC money and buy a FCON or Haltech as well. thats money better spent.
Yeah, I agree completely about the headers. You generally will run lower boost with headers and cats. You also don't need a radiator. However, I would say that an FCON or Haltech are overkill for just a simple SC setup, unless you plan on going tt or big boost with the vortech in the future. Oh, and the intake he mentioned is just a larger upper plenum. OP you would be better suited with just a plenum spacer, unless you wanted the different plenum for the bling appeal.

Old 06-23-2009 | 07:38 PM
Plenum spacers don't do jack for FI applications. I put mine on and dyno'd exactly the same. Ended up taking it off and selling it.

Old 06-23-2009 | 09:01 PM
i mainly meant, if he already had money ear marked for those upgrades, get the better EMS instead. Not having to dael with hot starts and on/off boost transitions is a huge plus.

also, i can guarantee 600cc injectors and a full stage 2 CJM return system can be fully maxxed out on a stock motor on a normal vortech kit with a good tuner.

Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
Yeah, I agree completely about the headers. You generally will run lower boost with headers and cats. You also don't need a radiator. However, I would say that an FCON or Haltech are overkill for just a simple SC setup, unless you plan on going tt or big boost with the vortech in the future. Oh, and the intake he mentioned is just a larger upper plenum. OP you would be better suited with just a plenum spacer, unless you wanted the different plenum for the bling appeal.

Old 06-23-2009 | 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by djamps
Plenum spacers don't do jack for FI applications. I put mine on and dyno'd exactly the same. Ended up taking it off and selling it.
then neither do plenums without cams.... Take a look on my350z...

Old 06-23-2009 | 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by str8dum1
i mainly meant, if he already had money ear marked for those upgrades, get the better EMS instead. Not having to dael with hot starts and on/off boost transitions is a huge plus.

also, i can guarantee 600cc injectors and a full stage 2 CJM return system can be fully maxxed out on a stock motor on a normal vortech kit with a good tuner.
600cc injectors for anything less than a 2.87 pulley is overkill. Frankly you can be fine with only 440 cc injectors and get max power with the 2.87 pulley due to the FMU that comes with the kit. With the FMU you don't really need a fuel return either.

Last edited by SDGeneralCounsel; 06-23-2009 at 10:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vortech Build...Opinions Please