Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Kinetix + Vortech the numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kinetix + Vortech the numbers

Just had the new Kinetix Velocity Manifold installed and tuned. Below is the Dyno Graph. The red line is the previous dyno, the blue is with the Kinetix.

The old tune was 351rwhp, the new one is 363.7rwhp, so the kinetix gained me 12.7rwhp.

The tunes took place on the same dyno with the same tuner under similar conditions with about 9 months in between.

The first tune was also with 19" Oem Rays, the second was with 20" Enkei L-SR wheels. It is documented that larger wheels hurt dyno numbers, so I think the mid range gains may have been more with the old wheels on. I can definitely feel the difference in the mid-low range now. I haven't had a chance to really open her up yet.

My tuner, Dave, suggested that I could see much larger gains if I raised the redline because up top is really where the Kinetix makes power.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice. could be better if it was manual.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
were these pulls done in the same gears? Looks like the area under the curve that is gained is almost the same as the area under the curve that is lost in the upper RPMs. Pretty sad especially since this was done on a FI engine.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
were these pulls done in the same gears? Looks like the area under the curve that is gained is almost the same as the area under the curve that is lost in the upper RPMs. Pretty sad especially since this was done on a FI engine.
Please keep in mind that in between tunes I added 20 inch wheels. https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-dy...rims-dyno.html

Based on the results in the thread above, the wheels could be responsible for a significant power loss before I added the Kinetix.

My experience validates that. One I put on the 20's I really felt a big loss, especially between 2000-4500 rpms. Now it feels much stronger than when I added the wheels.

I know that this is not a strictly scientific study, and with variables like time between tunes and larger wheels for the second tune, you should take the results with a grain of salt. But seeing as how these are the only before/after results available right now (I've searched), I thought they were not bad.

My tuner said that he has had problems with the Crawford and FI, and that with the what he learned doing this tune, he would recommend the Kinetix to FI people for the gains up top where most DE engines fall flat. He also said that if I did a flash to raise the redline I would see even more gains.

My butt dyno sure appreciates the added performance after what was lost with the new wheels. I really feel a huge difference down low.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm. I was thinking of getting a Vortech V3. The tuner shops I've talked to said with tune should easily be able to hit 400HP...

Old 07-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by lekker_droom
Hmmm. I was thinking of getting a Vortech V3. The tuner shops I've talked to said with tune should easily be able to hit 400HP...
Do some research about Dyno Dynamics Dynos, and you will understand. This is equivalent to around 410rwhp on a Dynojet (everyone pleae note that I said "around"). And I have a 5AT so am at a power disadvantage from the jump.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Sorry for bumpin old threads, but better than making new ones.
I already have the Velocity plenum installed on my N/A setup. Currently, I've got an annoying rasp at 5500K and above which was caused specifically from this plenum. I will be adding TT's shortly and want to know if your car sounds "raspy" at higher RPM's while boosted.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Sorry for bumpin old threads, but better than making new ones.
I already have the Velocity plenum installed on my N/A setup. Currently, I've got an annoying rasp at 5500K and above which was caused specifically from this plenum. I will be adding TT's shortly and want to know if your car sounds "raspy" at higher RPM's while boosted.
I think that if you're boosted there are so many other sounds that you won't notice any rasping. I never noticed any rasp, I actually like the sound the Kinetix gives me, but over 5500 rpms it's all a blur with the exhaust, headers, blower etc...

Old 05-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
thanks

Old 05-16-2010, 02:32 PM
bd0g35, I have my car in shop right now for installing vortech also and in additional I also installed oil cooler, trans cooler, transgo shift kit upgrade, 5/16 MD iso thermal spacer copper, NGK step 1 colder plugs, earth grounding cabling.... My car is also 5AT which I had to convert the mechanical fan to E-Fan. Now the question is I'm not sure what the power will be on dyno coz I only going to use the SS box but it also have upgraded pulley and walboro in line for the vortech. what kind of engine mod have you done to yours to get that number and how many PSI??

Thanks ... I should get my car back tomorrow but just can't wait to see what the gain I actually will get.

PS: I also have Megan racing resonated test pipe, HR y-pipe, coupe midpipe and custom axleback muffler.