Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

XKR's G40 with GTM Stroker GTM GT35r TT built by FP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:03 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I did not want to discuss the price of my car in any thread...... I would rather sell it to someone I know.

This car is not for everyone....you can find yourself in trouble real quick . I have no intention of parting this car out... I would rather park it and drive it once or twice a year than distroy a car that so much time was put into.

To date over 100k has been spent on this car... FP has all the receipts and will provide it to the buyer.

To the poster above.... This car has made 1006 whp.... Why would I want an LS2 motor?....I out run Vette ZR1's all the time..... The motor is a fully race built 4.0 stroker motor attached to twin GTM GT 35r turbo that creates more TQ than I can handle.So I am happy with it's performance.... I am not the kind of person to install a vette motor in a Nissan If I was to do it again...I would not change a thing. Matter of fact I am about to have another car built in the same way....

I did not list the car on this site or my350z for a reason..... Any car I have sold have been word of mouth... I am not going to play the lowball game. Everyone on here knows the car and has followed it through it's built... They know only the best parts were used....

I have offered the car for sale at 55% off of what I have spent so far..... So I will not discuss the sale of this car on here to **** off the mods....if you have questions ..please call Forged Performance....

Last edited by XKR; 07-25-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds good, I was just asking as far as price goes, so I could do a self analysis on the HP to dollar ratio. I wasn’t trying to low ball you. I read most of the post and I agree; you did put top quality parts into the build; a person could only appreciate the time and effort that you have placed into this machine. I could only wish to have the amount of dedication that you have when it comes to dumping money into a car. I'm the more practical guy; buy a fast car (Vette, CTS-V, Viper) then mod It, making it faster. But there is always the love that I have for imports and especially the Skyline.
That sucks that you take a loss like that when selling you car. I just recently had a buddy that built his motor and TT'ed it, apparently it was a nightmare for him; and I quote "for all the money I put in this b1tch I could have just dropped a ls2 in it."
I asked about the Ls2 because I thought that motor would be able to achieve higher horse power with a minimal investment. Just a thought.... Thanks for the info though

Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 AM
XKR
Originally Posted by InShAllAh
Sounds good, I was just asking as far as price goes, so I could do a self analysis on the HP to dollar ratio. I wasn’t trying to low ball you. I read most of the post and I agree; you did put top quality parts into the build; a person could only appreciate the time and effort that you have placed into this machine. I could only wish to have the amount of dedication that you have when it comes to dumping money into a car. I'm the more practical guy; buy a fast car (Vette, CTS-V, Viper) then mod It, making it faster. But there is always the love that I have for imports and especially the Skyline.
That sucks that you take a loss like that when selling you car. I just recently had a buddy that built his motor and TT'ed it, apparently it was a nightmare for him; and I quote "for all the money I put in this b1tch I could have just dropped a ls2 in it."
I asked about the Ls2 because I thought that motor would be able to achieve higher horse power with a minimal investment. Just a thought.... Thanks for the info though
The reason for building a G in this way is because no one could or would ever believe it could be this fast....I have other cars that are known for speed that cannot keep up with this car....

The motor is just a small part of the cost....going with the LS2 motor would have done more harm than good....weight...positioning and so on....this car is built for road racing so it has to have good balance....this is why the car was built from ground up and one of the reasons so much was spent.

Speed, power, control, stopping power, big power/quick spool up does not come cheap.....and my reason for saying that this car is not for everyone.....most are just looking for a car that is fast ....and no consideration for stopping or complete control. The brakes on this car cost an arm and a leg just to give you an idea......I even upgraded the Rotora with racing components . The G is way heavier than a Porsche.....but can out brake it any day.

Here is my plan for this car.....I offer it for sale at this % price....if I don't get that price ...then I store it.....so I really don't consider it a loss....it has helped this community understand that you can have quick spool up with big power.

If I was not planning on building another beast...I would not need to worry about parking space

BTW.....I was not referring to you when I said lowball....Also as far as self analysis on price.....there is also a lot of work that went into the body to prevent body TQ under load .... Can't have the car lifting a wheel coming out of a corner Almost every part on this car is change or upgraded ...so to get an idea of cost you would have to speak to FP.......would I do this again???..... Yes I would....I am in the process of doing it again

For me it was a great experience.....I can't speak for GTM/Sam or FP/Sharif....I know I am very demanding...so I know this project was not as much fun for them as it was for me

Last edited by XKR; 07-26-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This car is the definition of SPEED and Style! Absolutely worth every second I spent reading everything in this thread... Your car is amazing n very inspirational to others (I know for damn sure to me) and I can only hope you get (i cant believe ur actually thinkin bout sellin) what u put into it. Regardless of what people say about losing value on FI cars this right here deserves absolutely nothing less!

God I wish I could throw cash like that on my car!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:27 AM
XKR
Originally Posted by elperuano
This car is the definition of SPEED and Style! Absolutely worth every second I spent reading everything in this thread... Your car is amazing n very inspirational to others (I know for damn sure to me) and I can only hope you get (i cant believe ur actually thinkin bout sellin) what u put into it. Regardless of what people say about losing value on FI cars this right here deserves absolutely nothing less!

God I wish I could throw cash like that on my car!
Wow!!!!! Thanks for the kind words....nicest thing I have ever seen posted about this car

Old 09-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One word.........WOW!!!

That is one beautiful and amazing car. I can't believe someone has done so much to a G. This is my inspiration. I don't think mine will ever touch this one horsepower wise, but I want to do something similar to this, and stick with the same engine. To each his own, and this is very great bro. You did a good job and I can only imagine what the zr1 drivers were thinking when you sucked them up with fury of twin turbo screaming at them and you pass This car is legend.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by Gr8t White
That is one beautiful and amazing car. I can't believe someone has done so much to a G. This is my inspiration. I don't think mine will ever touch this one horsepower wise, but I want to do something similar to this, and stick with the same engine. To each his own, and this is very great bro. You did a good job and I can only imagine what the zr1 drivers were thinking when you sucked them up with fury of twin turbo screaming at them and you pass This car is legend.
Thank you kind Sir......those words mean alot

Old 09-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR
This car has been trouble free from day one. I have driven it from ATL to NC....drove it hard at ZDayZ.... and then drove it to TX. Did not have to add any oil at the end of the trip.....I did have the oil change at the end of trip.

This is a GTM motor with Cosworth heads assembled by Forged Performance. It even has a billet Girdle to protect the motor at high revs. Put it this way... This motor was over built.
That is a testament the fact that if it is built right there wont be any problems.
Originally Posted by XKR
To the poster above.... This car has made 1006 whp.... Why would I want an LS2 motor?....I out run Vette ZR1's all the time.....
At 1006 wheel horse power this G is MUCH faster than a twin turbo CTSV and faster than a FI ZR1. Not to mention with much better top end power and higher redline. The car is fine with the VQ as it is not to mention it's an open deck at 1000+ whp. Makes me wonder why I should even close my spare block when I don't need to.
http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/corvettezr750.html ZR1
http://www.cvel.clemson.edu/auto/aut...standards.html CTSV

Last edited by Andrei; 09-14-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 AM
XKR
Originally Posted by Andrei
That is a testament the fact that if it is built right there wont be any problems.

....so far so good

At 1006 wheel horse power this G is MUCH faster than a twin turbo CTSV and faster than a FI ZR1. Not to mention with much better top end power and higher redline. The car is fine with the VQ as it is not to mention it's an open deck at 1000+ whp. Makes me wonder why I should even close my spare block when I don't need to.
Love that vette video....... Remember that vette is much lighter...I could stay ahead of it for a few laps.... But because I could not run the G on high boost for long because of temps .....he would get me in the end.......two lap race...no problem.

I see what you are saying about open deck..... A few members have made over 1000whp with OD with no problems....Go for it

Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 AM
XKR

Love that vette video....... Remember that vette is much lighter...I could stay ahead of it for a few laps.... But because I could not run the G on high boost for long because of temps .....he would get me in the end.......two lap race...no problem.

I see what you are saying about open deck..... A few members have made over 1000whp with OD with no problems....Go for it

Old 09-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by XKR

Will do. I at least I know for sure that if I leave it open I'll reduce the chance of head gasket problems and I'll have a much longer lasting motor.

Last edited by Andrei; 09-16-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 PM
XKR
Will do. I at least I know for sure that if I leave it open I'll reduce the chance of head gasket problems and I'll have a much longer lasting motor.
What's your power goal??

Old 09-17-2010, 04:02 AM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR
......you are welcome to come and see it..... I keep it in TX because I spend most of my time there.

I just sold one of my cars to someone in the UAE.........they seem to love fast cars over there.
LOL ARAB MONEY..all day

Old 09-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by XKR
What's your power goal??
Same as yours but on E85 with 1600cc injectors w/ the SP triple pump hanger and TT kit. I might need ID 2200 ccs but Precision 1600s deliver enough for 1000whp. I will probably get the car on E85 NA in the next few months.

Last edited by Andrei; 09-17-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Sound Performance just informed me that they no longer produce the triple pump hanger because there was no demand. God damn economy. It was the only way to get 1000++whp on E85. The CJM double pump hanger doesn't flow enough.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: XKR's G40 with GTM Stroker GTM GT35r TT built by FP