Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech setup question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielsG
great info. Thanks you guys. I have another question regarding the Walboro fuel pump. The person I am buying from says that i need to buy a fuel return kit for the pump that he has. is this true? I was under the assumption that all i needed was the pump?? Thanks again!
if you are just installing the walbro pump into the fuel basket then you don't need a return kit.

You will have to search on here and find the mod thread on it. There are a few mods to get the walbro to work the best. i think it can be found under the tech area of cj-motorsports.com

Old 12-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by binder
if you are just installing the walbro pump into the fuel basket then you don't need a return kit.

You will have to search on here and find the mod thread on it. There are a few mods to get the walbro to work the best. i think it can be found under the tech area of cj-motorsports.com
Where else would i install the pump besides the fuel basket in the tank? I didnt know I could do that.... Obviously i would prefer to install it there so i dont have to buy the return kit. Ill try searching though. Thanks

Old 12-13-2009, 11:10 AM
All you need is the Walbro fuel pump which installs in the fuel tank.
Also, you don't need a return fuel line kit for what you are doing.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielsG
Where else would i install the pump besides the fuel basket in the tank? I didnt know I could do that.... Obviously i would prefer to install it there so i dont have to buy the return kit. Ill try searching though. Thanks
they make inline pumps. I was just clarifying that we were specifically talking about an intank pump.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:12 AM
i cant wait for the install. its funny that my tuner is givin me crap for not going TT. Hes hates on the vortech big time. for the obvious reason of linear power instead of power out of the hole. Im sure however that it will be fast as hell. Why would he be hating it so much? some input? am I going to be loving it or not feelin like its ballsy enough. My last car was a highly modded acura CLS pushing 340 WHP. granted that car was a pain in the *** to get it up to that much power. I figure ill be at 400 WHP with the G. I just want some feedback from those who tuned it to 400WHP like im going to do.... gonna be good??

Old 12-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Id seriously get a new tuner. I certaintly wouldnt want someone who "hates vortech big time" to work on my vortech install and tune.

Vortech may not give you the pushback in the seat a way a tt would but its still fast as hell.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:40 AM
yea, i figured. Ill be hoping to get the kinda numbers your putting down. They have a Mustang Dyno so it always reads low numbers. Ive got the same supporting mods as you with exception of test pipes instead of HFC

Old 12-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Thumbs up vortech kit

iiche has helped me out alot and hes right i didnt even get a chance to put mine on yet and i would never let somebody who hate vortech tune my s**t. all ive been learning on here and from what it seems lk ITS ALL IN THE TUNE!!!!!! im just gettin concerned i really want reliability and im hearin of blown motors !! i just really hope and pray NO PROBLEMS!!!! its slowly but surely commin together...... my wheels just came in yest. omg they look insane!!!!! forgiotos r pricey but they look so good!! chargert is gettin put on after the new yr. (just to much goin on rt now... dont want to rush it) then i think im goin to get a set of Tein Basic coil overs ((( any opinions on then?))) im really in to the racing around the streets or track just really lookin for the look and the adjustabiliy..... Let me know

Old 12-19-2009, 10:35 AM
yeah, i have a good tuner in the area that i am going to go to. Good luck with finding a good tuner. I hear you about the wheels but if you want to look good you gotta pay. hehe. I just got a set of GFG's for my car that were a pretty penny. Im looking forward on installing my vortech in a week or so. As for the supsension mods, If you dont mind not having adjustable ride height and find the spring that is right for you then, buy springs and get adjustable shocks like tokicos.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:17 PM
another question. Is it possible to replace the standard Bypass valve from vortech with a HKS blow off valve? if so any recommendations on which to buy which works the best and so forth... Thanks guys.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Unless you like compressor surge, its only possible to replace to the Vortech bypass valve with a similar (standard or racing) BYPASS valve from HKS. Not the blow-off valve.

Also, i don't see much reason for changing the valve. The vortech is made quite well. The HKS does have a little different sound characteristics, but nothing drastic.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
500 cc injectors recommended.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:57 PM
great info. thanks liche..

Old 01-04-2010, 11:16 PM
charger finally on

just droped my car to the tuner today....... I slaved over that car for 3 days straight.... its funny how your friend tell u there going to give u a hand and when it comnes down to it there no where to b found........ o well got it done and did it myself.... "Bolt on" yea right..... yea all the bolt hole lined up but they said no modifications..... well i had to modify s**t.. just waitin for the phone call that its done being tuned. talked to the tuner today hes claimin around 380 whp.. we'll see......... i know it sounds sweet so far....

Old 01-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
right off the bat the v2 vs v3 is the oil return line you have to drill for. and then technically everything else "bolts" right up. now getting to the parts is another story.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vortech setup question!