Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

turbonetics kit on a 2005 revup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics is that bad....Wow...

Old 05-27-2010, 06:21 PM
yeah i have been reading that some of the first kits had bad turbos in them...didnt know they still have bad ones out there. i hope mine holds up.

as for the garret turbo did you have to get new flanges or does it bolt back up?

Old 05-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stasikg35
how do i know if i have a rev up or non rev up engine i have a 2007 g35 coupe 6mt
epic quote right there...

wonder why he asked that in the FI section also?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by jsprinkle
well not being conceited at all....all im saying is that im not worried....whats the big deal in that? i have had 2 built engines before, this is not my first project car, im not new to forced induction. a lot of people who do blow their motors usually do it when they are stomping on the gas pedal and being stupid. imo the deserve to have a blown motor. i simply got this kit because i missed the sound of the turbo. and im sure people are gonna say why didnt you get an evo or a sti. well its because they got four doors and they are ugly to me.

my question here was is anyone had and fitment issues for their rev up g35.

Blowing an engine usually has very little do do with stomping on the gas pedal and being stupid. If your car has proper supporting mods and a good tune, you should be able to stomp on the gas pedal and not blow your engine . If your car dose not have a proper set up and tune it will usually blow up when your driving it hard. I bought my turbo kit to stomp on the gas pedal most people do buy them because they want more speed and power and that usually involves driving the car at full throttle.

Good luck and i hope you don't have the endless issues 85% of the people that bought this kit have had. But you already have the fitment issues they usually carry on to broke brackets on pipes with holes in them from what i have read any way maybe if you get them fabbed to fit proper you will be alright?!?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:24 PM
well obviously people buy it to "stop on the gas" but consistently hitting red line is a different story also if your tuner sucks or you use the out of the box reflash.

like i said before not talking about performance or blowing engines. i simply asked if there were fitment issues. and i got my answer. thanks for those who gave their personal issues they had with this kit

Old 05-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well obviously people buy it to "stomp on the gas" but consistently hitting red line is a different story also if your tuner sucks or you use the out of the box reflash.

like i said before not talking about performance or blowing engines. i simply asked if there were fitment issues. and i got my answer. thanks for those who gave their personal issues they had with this kit
fixed

Old 05-27-2010, 11:34 PM
thanks didnt see that lol im on my iphone lol

Old 05-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
yeah i have been reading that some of the first kits had bad turbos in them...didnt know they still have bad ones out there. i hope mine holds up.

as for the garret turbo did you have to get new flanges or does it bolt back up?
I had to build a new downpipe and modify the intercooler pipes...but outside that, everything else stayed the same.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:34 AM
oh okay. i will keep this turbo in mind if my should ever fail or start to show signs of failing. thanks

Old 05-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
if it looks like blow by, (smoke out the exhaust) check your downpipe. My TN turbo was covered in oil inside( you could see it through the blades)=leaking seals. Outside that, everything else was just fine. I replaced my BOV with a HKS model, so I had to also modify the intake a bit, no biggie.

Are you still OEM front bumper? I am and I am running the fans as well and upgraded the battery to an optima red top. Another friend of mine had the oem battery with the same set up and it killed his battery, fyi.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
yeah i dont really like this bov i wish i could just go back to the type s bov. like i use to have on my 98 GSX

yeah i have the oem bumper but this summer or maybe later im just gonna get the gtr bumper. ill get the optima battery soon too.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
blown motor is cause by detonation. Which can be prevented by proper tuning, air fuel ratio, etc etc. A lot of tuners like to run it rich to prevent detonation.

Run colder plugs, get a good tuner and don't hit over 7 psi on stock internals. You should be good.

Also: T-bolt clamps > regular screw clamps...

Old 05-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
blown motor is cause by detonation. Which can be prevented by proper tuning, air fuel ratio, etc etc. A lot of tuners like to run it rich to prevent detonation.

Run colder plugs, get a good tuner and don't hit over 7 psi on stock internals. You should be good.

Also: T-bolt clamps > regular screw clamps...
Detonation can be a cause of blown motors but it is not always the cause!!! these motors can bend rods with out det and lift heads/blow head gaskets all with no det running rich is not always the best thing to do it can cause as many problems as it solves. The 7psi is good advice on a TN kit.

my screw clamps hold 20psi

Old 05-30-2010, 05:55 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
im just gonna get the gtr bumper

Please don't.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:03 PM
well sorry its my ride and if i like the bumper thats all that matters im not doing it for everyone else

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: turbonetics kit on a 2005 revup