Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

G35 Twin Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010 | 09:20 AM
XKR
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Do you think i am your mom or something.... you need people to be constructive with you join a support group!!!

OP...Have you seen the size of a Bugatti in person? Lots of room for a water cool system. Also there is a website somewhere....I will try to find it explaining why they went with that setup...and it had nothing to do with the cooling ability of one or the other.....but more to do with plumming. Why does Porsche stay with the same air to air system.?!?!

I think you stated that ( I could be wrong...too lazy to re-read) most don't use that system because of cost. That's not correct. You are new here.....but you will soon learn that in this community if it's a proven product.....they will buy it. Look at some of the builds on here.... From 35k to over 100k. Do you really think an extra 2-4k would stop any of these guys?......it's not cost.....it's a space or room issue. Anyway...welcome to our community.

Last edited by XKR; 11-17-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-20-2010 | 06:22 PM
7 injectors WTF... how you gonna pull that off? hahahaah This isn't your avg American backyard build.. shyt 3+3 dont = 7 bro..

Old 11-20-2010 | 06:37 PM
Air vs Water
Accessible Technologies manufactures both air-to-air and air-to-water intercooler systems, and the guidelines for their usage are fairly straightforward.

For automotive street applications, air-to-air technology is easy to install, highly effective, extremely reliable since it has no moving parts, and requires no maintenance. Air-to-water intercooler systems, on the other hand, are much more difficult to install as they contain an intercooler, a separate radiator to cool the water, a water tank, and a pump. But probably the biggest drawback to air-to-water on the street is that this technology requires the addition of ice to match the efficiency of air-to-air technology. Additionally, the requirement of ice and the possibility of pump failure or leakage means that air-to-water is also inherently less reliable.

For race-only applications, air-to-water works well since the need to add ice at the track prior to each run is not a big drawback. The other issues are the same as listed above for street applications, and efficiency will be comparable with the use of ice.

For marine applications, air-to-water is the preferred technology, for three primary reasons. First, the installation of a pump and radiator are no longer required (the lake or ocean is the radiator, and boats already have a water pickup/pump). Second, ice is not required, given the availability of massive amounts of cool lake or ocean water into which heat can be transferred. And finally, since boat engines are typically situated in the rear rather than in the front (like most automobiles), it would be very difficult to find adequate airflow for an air-to-air intercooler in the back of the boat.

cited: http://www.procharger.com/intercooled.shtml

Old 11-20-2010 | 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by nyqueenz
7 injectors WTF... how you gonna pull that off? hahahaah This isn't your avg American backyard build.. shyt 3+3 dont = 7 bro..

Originally Posted by Jattus

The 7th injector goes in front of the throttle body. I also like the 7th injector because of its simplicity and cost.

Stillen does the same thing for the Roots style blower, it is common in other platforms.

Old 11-23-2010 | 07:28 AM
i just have one question. how is the stock exhaust manifold going to hold up to all that heat and pressure??? i have a APS single, 382whp and i've blown the crossover pipe twice (fixed once by GTM and once by SFR). i now got a slip fit in the flex section (in japan now driving a Subaru B4... don't really like it, haven't been able to drive the G ... in storage) to solve the problem. i really want to know how that's going to work, somebody tell me!

Old 12-23-2010 | 04:54 PM
|
Finally got some pics of the prototype for ya, let me know what you think!

I powdercoated the exhaust components with a high temperature black satin finish. Everything should stay pretty cool down there also considering the locations of the turbos, plus they are both oil and water cooled.
After we finish dyno tuning it next week, going to take all of the charge pipes off to powdercoat, and clean everything up a bit. But so far it runs great! I'm also pleased with how the collector came out (I'll post some pics of it when I remove the charge pipes, since its kind of hard to see).
I decided to go ahead and CAD up an oil pan spacer with a fitting for the oil return (you can see it in the first pic).
I have both of the external wastegate springs set for 4psi, I'm going to tune it like that first, then work my way up to 8psi and see how much power its making.

Old 12-23-2010 | 06:30 PM
I would post this on my350z.com.

Old 12-23-2010 | 06:39 PM
very cool

Old 12-24-2010 | 01:20 AM
Funny how everyone got quiet after they saw he was serious and actually making a kit vs just talking about making one

Old 12-24-2010 | 02:07 PM
|
Thanks! Finished dyno tuning this morning, made 341whp and 339wtq at only 5psi! After all of the runs the cooler was still really cold to the touch, even the intake tube! Air/Fuel ratio above 4K was a nice straight 12:1. Next week I'm tuning it to 8psi.
Here is a pic of the dyno sheet:

My buddy took some video, trying to get him to send it to me.

Last edited by Jattus; 12-24-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-24-2010 | 02:20 PM
your website looks home made and un-professional, however the craftsmanship in your pictures looks top shelf.

i was leery at first, but you are proving to be decent so far.

Old 12-24-2010 | 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by tiguy99
Funny how everyone got quiet after they saw he was serious and actually making a kit vs just talking about making one
I know right. I just stumbled on this thread and read through it. I love how some people act when they are inside of the internet, lol. Imagine how different the conversion would have went if it happened face to face.

In to see how it turns out.

Old 12-24-2010 | 03:15 PM
Props for doing your own thing with this. In for the 8 psi tune. Good luck!

Old 12-24-2010 | 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by tiguy99
Originally Posted by jcseven7
I know right. I just stumbled on this thread and read through it. I love how some people act when they are inside of the internet, lol. Imagine how different the conversion would have went if it happened face to face.

In to see how it turns out.
+1

Looks awesome Jattus

Old 12-27-2010 | 03:08 AM
It is hard to tell from the pictures did you use a 7th injector or what did you do concerning fuel supply and injector size?

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 01-04-2011 at 08:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Twin Turbo Project