Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Teaser pics from my motor build.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Teaser pics from my motor build.....

Seriously,

Which of the mods here can change my darn Hello Kitty! status to 'Modaholic Anonymous'. Eddie, Don.... Where are you guys?

Gurgen

Old 11-17-2004, 11:14 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesssssss, Gurgen, well here it goes! I just found out today, im going to have some money to play with off of a stock my mom had in my name that mad some good money, should i do it, dont do it, get into something else, keep it damm , i think im going to wait until after the winter! I dont want to do the stupid thing and blow the money, but my mom was like hey something good happened and now maybe you can get into that M thing you wanted lol, but i dont know if i could handle the payments, hm!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 11-17-2004, 11:47 AM

Hmm somewhere along the line I turned into mr. responsible. Here are my 2 answers you choose which one you want:

*5 years ago answer*

FI kicks *** and I have had no problems with my SC. You won't have problems with yours either just do it!

*Today's answer*

How will you pay for a new engine if your car ends up like gurgens? Do you have another car to drive if your engine blows and you cannot afford to buy another? Back in my day I had to walk to school in the snow. Uphill. both ways.

-JustICE

Old 11-17-2004, 02:18 PM

JustICE

You are dead on with respect to the responsibilities of FI ownership. Up to this point, however, every failure has been either attributed to bad tuning or still unaccounted for. I'm in the latter category. We will hopefully know what brought down my engine in the next 2 weeks, after the tear down. If it turns out ot be bad tuning, that's good news for turbo buyes, as there is less ambiguity about IDEALLY tuned turbo safety. The only kit under the sun that fits this description today is APS.

Gurgen

Old 11-17-2004, 02:24 PM

Martin,

It is up to you whether you choose to go the FI route on a G or get an M3. The latter is of course a far better choice if you do not plan going for some SERIOUS power (ala Twin Turbo).

I can only tell you what I would do, and that's what I already suggested a couple of posts above. Find a 6MT with very high miles and ot of warranty for very cheap and pay another $7500 and get the TT kit in late winter early spring, wen they come out for one. I can guarantee you that you will have the best tuned car without spending $100's-1000's extra on dynos and still deal with inferior equipment. Unless you had some weird, underspec'd problems in your engine than the system will last you for a long time.

Gurgen

Old 11-17-2004, 04:52 PM

Block is looking REALLY nice. Only one thing that strikes me as being overlooked...

...Wouldn't now be a great time to polish the entire block? lol :P

Seriously, I'm with Neff. Your efforts are more beneficial to the community than you may ever know. Sincerely appreciated!!!

'05 IP(or ?) 6MT... ...Never too soon to think about modifications!!

Old 11-17-2004, 06:04 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

Hmm Justice thanks man, im maturing and not as "young" as i use to think lol, im on the fence with saving money, surprised huh?!?! Anyway Gurg i agree man, but if i got the m3 i would save up to go FI on that also lol, im a damm nut! I test drove the S4 and the M3 today, both are SICK and the S4 has ridiculous pull and power, 1st and second gear are gone by punching the throttle, man we'll see! Going FI i want to do on any car i get, maybe i'll keep a lok out for a 6spd sedan or coupe, imnot sure which i want, i love the looks of my sedan :/

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package

Old 11-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Banned

Gurgen....Have you gotten a chance to look at the top of your cylinders yet . Dont know if you have seen Daking350 post over at 350tech....He posted a pic of the tops of all the cyl. in the block .It showed....from the first cyl. in line one the fuel rail and the last .The first was dark , as it should be , But the last was much lighter in color and you could see the little detonation marks on it . It was off a ATI blower that had been tuned way to lean , but shows that are fuel system is not good for F/I .The last cylinder in line gets less fuel pressure .Dont know if it had anything to do with your motor but thought I would let you know about it...Bill

Couldnt afford it when young...gonna play when Im old

Old 11-17-2004, 06:52 PM

Bill,

Haven't taken the motor apart yet. however, the prevailing consensus is that the difference in the amount of fuel that settles in the cylinders is due to the plenum and not the fuel rails. The fuel flow rate is not that great that will allow for a startvation situation to occur. Here is why I agree with that:

The upgraded 255 L/hr pump that we turbo people are all upgrading to support approximately 700 chp with a healthy reserve. So, let's assume that the actual capacity on a stock (smaller) pump utilized is about 109 L/hr (corresponds to about 300 crank hp). If you calculate the rate of flow through each fuel rail it will come out to be 15.1 mL/sec, that's about a table spoonful per second. This is not that great of a fuel flow considering the capacity (volume) of each fuel rail is several times bigger than that.

Remember, these are pretty rough approximations... so don't take these numbers to be absolutely correct.

Gurgen

Old 11-17-2004, 06:57 PM

Big Ron,

I'd love to have polished the block.... it's just s darn expensive. Thyewanted $500 for just the timing cover.... Thanks for the kind words....

Old 11-17-2004, 09:01 PM
In Search of Magic

Hey I am always late to the party. Anyway Gurgen its nice to see you are back. The build looks great so far. Hope to see you soon.

Hey Martin If I can come out to NY this winter I will definetly need to see your car. It looks sweet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
03 CB Coupe 6MT

Old 11-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

This is fantastic work you are doing here Gurgen. You've heard it several times already but you really are doing us all a great service.

Maybe when you are finished you can write a brief summary of all the mods and work performed so everyone can evaluate for themselves if this is a feasible option for their pocket book.

In addition, all of your pioneering research will make everyone else's research exponentially easier.

Any of us would be elated to slam a pair of turbos on the G, but what you are doing goes the next level beyond!

You are going to have one scary car when it is finished. =D

2004 G35 Sport 6MT Black on Black Sedan
Stillen CAI, Stillen Cat Back, Stillen Swaybars, plenum spacer.
Castaic California

Old 11-18-2004, 12:09 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Hey Martin If I can come out to NY this winter I will definetly need to see your car. It looks sweet.

<hr></blockquote>

Hey your welcome wheneva =) But during the winter i dont think its going anywhere LOL... And Hydrazine your right, its already one scary car, he took it to the next level! That's the only thing making me want to keep my car, im sorry if im so repetitive im a performance and car nut, sorry guys!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package

Old 11-18-2004, 02:03 AM

Tony,

Thanks bro.... I am planning to write it all up in few parts, each of them covering new engine install, old engine breadown, tuning, etc.... that is if I don't get really busy over my break...

You guys have a license to be a pest and hound me/remind me about this 'commitment' in the month of December.

Thanks again, Tony, and everyone... Will keep all posted.

Gurgen

Old 11-18-2004, 02:05 AM

Tony,

BTW, I should stop by your place sometime when I am on my way down from SF or smth.... Let me know...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser pics from my motor build.....