Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Teaser pics from my motor build.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 02:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Teaser pics from my motor build.....

Rob,

I was wondering where you were too.... Let's make sure to meet up in the next couple of weeks on one of the Chino GTG's. You should come out...they are a lot of fun...

G

Old 11-18-2004, 02:10 AM

BTW guys... more pics to come tomorrow....

Old 11-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Banned

I didnt know you had upgraded your fuel system . Im getting the return fuel system put on when they put in the new block

Couldnt afford it when young...gonna play when Im old

Old 11-18-2004, 09:23 AM

hey booger, what is the status on your parts?
you said you were using HP for some of the work if I remember right. What have they/are they doing? They have always had a rep as a V8 shop. Are they finally making the full transformation into a tuning shop for imports and the like. All the other little shops that pop up around town don't seem to last long. HP is the only shop that seems stable.

'04 coupe6mt
ivory premium aero

92 plymouth laser AWD
heavily modified for solo II
11.51@118 on 215/55 goodyear eagles

03 dodge ram quadcab 4X4 Hemi

Old 11-18-2004, 11:36 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh more picssss =)

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 11-18-2004, 12:48 PM
In Search of Magic

For sure Gurgen I will try to come out to one of those Chino GTG's. I am going to a toys for tots event in woodland hills. That meet is going to be hot. There are going to be about 200 cars and 70 of them are VW R32's LOL. Maybe you can come out to that one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
03 CB Coupe 6MT

Old 11-18-2004, 02:51 PM

Yes I will be there Dec 4th..... I hope my car is in running condition

Old 11-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Banned

OmahaG.....They installed my Super charger last May . Right now they are getting ready to move out to 135 & Giles area . They have been selling Import stuff for while now . Your right they are mostly a Ford and v8 shop , but have started to do Imports and have a mechanic for Imports. They have built alot of race cares over the year in that shop .If you need any after market stuff talk to Tony

Couldnt afford it when young...gonna play when Im old

Old 11-18-2004, 08:11 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

You know what guys, i think im going to do this little prject, i have no idea where to start though :/ Sedan 6 spd or coupe, and my sedan with a tranny swap or not?!?! Maybe an engine swap =)

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package

Old 11-18-2004, 09:17 PM

glad to see such progress gurgen, i'm itching to know the results of your engine failure cause. i've read in the past that cylinder 6 runs more lean than all others, causing just that one piston to fail. if this is the case, how would you address the issue? upgrade that one injector? or maybe a fuel delivery controller that you can adjust each injector? its been so long since i've dealt with FI that i'm forgetting the names of all this stuff, lol. hey martin, if u don't mind me asking, how much money we talking about spending here? congrats on the good investment. i'm pretty sure there are cheap VQ motors or even blocks for sale, cheapest i've seen so far was $2500 for the motor, so if you decide to FI your sedan or buy a 6mt coupe, you can buy a spare motor "just in case." if i happen to come across a cheap motor, i'm pretty sure i'll buy it and build it up as i save money for each part, then drop it in with the FI app when its complete since i can't bust out cash like gurgen, hehehe. FI for a new M3 is almost unheard of, as that motor is finely tuned and may not be able to withstand the extra stress (i'm probably wrong, but i haven't seen a FI new M3 yet). besides, what happens if you blow an M3 motor? i'd rather blow a VQ than an M3 motor, hehehe. and if your worrying about payments on an M3, shoot, forget about FI'in it, cos it will cost you an arm, a leg, and yer left nut to do it. if yer confused on sedan or coupe, just think about the big picture and what you want overall from your car. ok, i gotta stop talkin bout this since its kinda thread jacking, sorry gurgen. martin maybe you should start a new thread on this.

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium/Nav/Clear Bra/19x9.5(f)19x10.5(r) Volk SF Winnings/BFGoodrich 245/35(f)275/30(r)/Tein Flex Coilovers/Tein EDFC
Sponsored by BFGoodrich, Ai Design (www.aidesign.com)

Old 11-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Gurgen,

Sounds like a plan. When do you expect to be in the area?

...Will you be driving the new 500-600+ HP Franken G?! =D

2004 G35 Sport 6MT Black on Black Sedan
Stillen CAI, Stillen Cat Back, Stillen Swaybars, plenum spacer.
Castaic California

Old 11-18-2004, 11:10 PM

Tony.... HP Franken G -- I love the new names we are coming up with here....

Well.... Next time I drive up to S.F. will for certain be in the new G, but that will be in the first week of January, as I will be driving up for school in S.F. We can do that... Otherwise, we can organize something fr a little later for the next time that I wll be coming down from S.F. for L.A. Either way, PM me your phone number or smth, and I will keep you posted...

Gurgen

Old 11-18-2004, 11:15 PM

Profile....

It is the #5 AND #6 cylinders that are theorized to be running far leaner than the others. If I ever go with a full 6-channel EGT solution (possibly) than we will be able to put this issue to rest. However, they are running leaner than the others because the others (especially the 1 and 2) are running far reacher due to the construction of the plenum (air starvation), and not because they get more fuel. Hence, the correct approach is to equalize the amount of air going in to all 6 cylinders with a well-designed plenum instead of modulating the amount of fuel... BTW.... DOES ANYONE HAVE A CRAWFORD PLENUM I CAN BORROW.... (I shouldn't have sold mine).

G

Old 11-18-2004, 11:26 PM

hey Martin

Sedan vs coupe --- your decision. If I was doing it today, I would probably get the coupe for hte brakes and the better seats. But I really love the look, room, utility, and weight saving of the sedan... so it would indeed still be a difficult decision.

I would get a 6MT, of course, with as high a miles as humanly possible... in fact, maybe a blown-yet-repairable engine if you can find one!

The next point in your decision making scheme should probably be... 400whp for $9000 (APS kit installed) or 550 whp [with highest possible/absolute safety and reliability] for $16000 (near-minimal numbers), this is in addition to all the other mods of course that will be required. These are: exhaust, test pipes, gauges (~$2000). Useful but not required upgrades (yet required in my book) would be plenum, A/F gauge or the LM-1/2/3 logging hardware/software connected to an in-car PC ($2000).

See how it adds up. But hey, you only live once, right? (this better be true....lol)

All of the foregoing will be installed on my car... and will be for all to see very soon.

Gurgen

Old 11-19-2004, 12:01 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

FI for a new M3 is almost unheard of, as that motor is finely tuned and may not be able to withstand the extra stress (i'm probably wrong, but i haven't seen a FI new M3 yet). besides, what happens if you blow an M3 motor? i'd rather blow a VQ than an M3 motor, hehehe. and if your worrying about payments on an M3, shoot, forget about FI'in it, cos it will cost you an arm, a leg, and yer left nut to do it. if yer confused on sedan or coupe, just think about the big picture and what you want overall from your car. ok, i gotta stop talkin bout this since its kinda thread jacking, sorry gurgen. martin maybe you should start a new thread on this.

<hr></blockquote>

Well there are a few FI supercharged M3's.. Active Autowerkz was the first to do it with reliability and keeping the nature of the M3 engine, high revvign and power band but int he new car and driver it got near stock times even for 440 hp and 350+ torque, not impressive in my books! Now, if i wanted to do it right, and by right i mean for any car rebuilding the motor top to bottom and going FI, it will cost $25k in an M3 with lowered comression, fully forged internals and a blower and they say its good for 600 hp and 500+ RWHP, that's the evosport kit which went on sale this month, also thats including install and everything!!

Now Gurgen that's the type of stuff i wanted to know and see, ballpark figures. Now if im going FI on the G, i want to do it right! Even if i get a cheap motor, i still would rather not go through all of the BS of blowing it, then having to rebuild and so on, if im doing it im going the route you are, im looking for at least 400 rwhp, 16k isnt bad, but there's even more to it! Suspension, wheels and everythign to make the car run well and put the power down without killing yourself, its dangerous, costly and i guess we'll see, thanks guys and gurgen keep us updated..

PS: sorry for hijacking your thread into the Martin wishes and wants to go FI, but on which car? One of the 50 he wants and cant make up his damm mind and who is truely jealous of your sedan =)))))) Martin

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser pics from my motor build.....