Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Sent to CA state ref w/ my vortech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 02:53 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I thought all he needed was the sticker which he got?

Old 07-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Stanley, PM Me, I can get that ticket erased.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:26 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bigc
^ why did you send your blower back to vortech? btw, vortech absolutely sucks in turning stuff around. call them every day to make sure they are doing what they said they would do. i'm not exaggerating - call them every day.
haha. yea i noticed ever since they never called me when they said they will and they should.

reason why I sent the blower to them is because they ran out of the carb 27 stickers so the only way for me to pass ref is with a sort of proof, it's either the sticker, or the stamp. Vortech said it takes 2 days to stamp it, so i trusted them.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
updates?

Old 07-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm very interested in the outcome...
Mike

Old 07-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Sent my blower to vortech to have them restamp it with the new carb number. Went to the state ref for the 3rd time yesterday. Passed with the vortech carb number D-213-27.

After my incident, vortech updated their carb number on their product page to the updated carb number.

"CARB Executive Order # D-213-27"

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=118

Anyways. The cop is still retarded accusing me of "deliberately" removing my egr valve. Clearly, the vq35de engines do not have a egr valve. It says so on the smog sheet too. It says "N/A" for "egr valve". I have a mandatory court appearance on september 12. Will update you guys more on that when the time comes.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:37 AM
I also filed a complaint against the officers involved because they accused me of street racing, profiled me as a criminal, harassed me, interrogated me and profiled me because of my age, ethnicity and the car i drove. They also searched my vehicle from the driver side and my trunk area without my consent.

The officers have no probable cause searching the inside of my vehicle as well as the trunk space. Just cause they claim that my egr valve is missing doesnt give them a right to do that kind of shi!t.

I was also interviewed by the officer's sergeant for the investigation.

They caused a lot of psychological damages so I'm hoping that the proper punishment will be handed on their asses.

If this matter is not handled fairly, I'm planning to file a civil lawsuit for the damages that the officers caused and I'm going to have the court subpoena the dash cam footage and it's going to be youtube time. I'll show the whole world how f*cked up those two useless pigs are. They're just eating up all of our space.

The following 2 users liked this post by bokchilo:
boostedforlife (07-24-2011), vigman (07-24-2011)
Old 07-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congratulations on passing smog in the Smog **** State of California. Did you have any aftermarket parts on the car at the time of going to the state referee? Such as aftermarket exhaust, cold air intake, headers, and etc.

So it sounds like the state referee just made sure that the CARB number covered your year and make of car and smogged your car after visually inspecting it? Is that correct?

Did the inspector have a check off list to make sure you had specific Vortech parts in place? The reason why I ask is because there are those who have removed the FMU along with inline fuel pump that comes with the Smog Legal Vortech Kit and replaced it with the Walbro fuel pump, upgraded fuel injectors, and Osiris tune (UniChip removed). Would the inspector be able to tell if you changed from the 3.12 pulley to the 2.87 pulley or even changed the cog pulley set up? Lastly, do you have the motordyne spacer installed on your car? Sorry for all the questions, but I would like to know how thorough the State Referee inspection process is.

Thanks for the update.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:24 PM
You have to be clear about a few things... if your going for a civil suit you need an attorney.. if your going to play the racial profile card, maybe an ACLU atty.

This will be in court for a while & could cost more than your car at minimum if not handled properly. and that's quite a bit of change for a You tube video, which I for one would LOVE TO SEE~

The main question is how did they get in your trunk.. did they open it or you?
WHEN did the police have working knowledge of engine emissions equipment? Is it now part of their training ( not ).
Do you have loud pipes?

An officer on a traffic stop has the ... ability to see things in plain view.. and if it's contraband.. well your outta luck...

If an officer has a " hunch " which is a VERY GRAY AREA.. he can ask you to pop the trunk or search the car.. and you could say no, but then you will be detained, hassled and possibly towed & impounded if he THINKS or SUSPECTS your high or nervous or just about anything that makes his piggly wiggly detector go off.

Believe be they stick together so he has to be WAY WRONG to get a slap on the wrist.

Case in point.. I HAD to appear to downtown LA courthouse to have my car inspected..
there was a Felony Hit & Run on some chicks Low rider monte carlo, 2 month ago where they got a partial plate number ( like dude there was a 2 in it ) and Red older Nissan.

I have a Red 300ZX TT with the #2 in the plate ( and I have a hispanic last name ) So I was summoned... We at first I got the looks & tude.. They removed my drivers license, had me wait, kept me under observation... then I was getting grilled... I answered their questions & presented my evidence.. then it was time to look at my " cover up ". But when all was said & done they had a mechanic who poo-pooed everything they were trying to reach for with the sarge and it became down town car talk...

Didn't like it, had to show up or they would have taken my car.. on REALLY REALLY REALLY no evidence at all... but that's the power of bacon~

Mike

Old 07-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by g35hp306
Congratulations on passing smog in the Smog **** State of California. Did you have any aftermarket parts on the car at the time of going to the state referee? Such as aftermarket exhaust, cold air intake, headers, and etc.

So it sounds like the state referee just made sure that the CARB number covered your year and make of car and smogged your car after visually inspecting it? Is that correct?

Did the inspector have a check off list to make sure you had specific Vortech parts in place? The reason why I ask is because there are those who have removed the FMU along with inline fuel pump that comes with the Smog Legal Vortech Kit and replaced it with the Walbro fuel pump, upgraded fuel injectors, and Osiris tune (UniChip removed). Would the inspector be able to tell if you changed from the 3.12 pulley to the 2.87 pulley or even changed the cog pulley set up? Lastly, do you have the motordyne spacer installed on your car? Sorry for all the questions, but I would like to know how thorough the State Referee inspection process is.

Thanks for the update.
The state ref made me remove my 1/2 spacer. Asked for the whole vortech installation manual. Looked inside and out. I did have a aftermarket exhaust as well but it was after cat so i was fine. He didnt inspect the pulley and belt sizes but he did check for the fuel pump, fmu and the piggyback ecu itself. So yea, once you go to state ref, its a 100000% inspection of your vehicle.

Btw, they will fail you if you dont have enough air in your tires too.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by vigman
You have to be clear about a few things... if your going for a civil suit you need an attorney.. if your going to play the racial profile card, maybe an ACLU atty.

This will be in court for a while & could cost more than your car at minimum if not handled properly. and that's quite a bit of change for a You tube video, which I for one would LOVE TO SEE~

The main question is how did they get in your trunk.. did they open it or you?
WHEN did the police have working knowledge of engine emissions equipment? Is it now part of their training ( not ).
Do you have loud pipes?

An officer on a traffic stop has the ... ability to see things in plain view.. and if it's contraband.. well your outta luck...

If an officer has a " hunch " which is a VERY GRAY AREA.. he can ask you to pop the trunk or search the car.. and you could say no, but then you will be detained, hassled and possibly towed & impounded if he THINKS or SUSPECTS your high or nervous or just about anything that makes his piggly wiggly detector go off.

Believe be they stick together so he has to be WAY WRONG to get a slap on the wrist.

Case in point.. I HAD to appear to downtown LA courthouse to have my car inspected..
there was a Felony Hit & Run on some chicks Low rider monte carlo, 2 month ago where they got a partial plate number ( like dude there was a 2 in it ) and Red older Nissan.

I have a Red 300ZX TT with the #2 in the plate ( and I have a hispanic last name ) So I was summoned... We at first I got the looks & tude.. They removed my drivers license, had me wait, kept me under observation... then I was getting grilled... I answered their questions & presented my evidence.. then it was time to look at my " cover up ". But when all was said & done they had a mechanic who poo-pooed everything they were trying to reach for with the sarge and it became down town car talk...

Didn't like it, had to show up or they would have taken my car.. on REALLY REALLY REALLY no evidence at all... but that's the power of bacon~

Mike
Yea its hard to prove a lot of stuff but if there's a dash cam footage, it may help. There were also about 3 witnesses because I was stopped a short distance from a mechanic shop I was headed to. So they all stepped out and was watching as it happened. I did not open the door for him to look in the vehicle. They did make me pop my trunk but they had no right placing their hands on my belongings and shifting it around. The reason why I popped my trunk is because they harassed and interrogated the crap out of me.

Here's some quotes they said:

-"we know your car is setup to street race. Doesnt matter if its stop sign to stop sign, light to light, for fun, for money, YOU RACE"

my response to the quote above: "I dont street race. I care about people's safety around me". His response: "I DIDNT ASK FOR YOUR OPINION"

-"You're going to kill somebody one day"

-"we use to be young, we're not stupid"

-"i personally dont like Japanese cars, I'm into the american muscle"

-"EVERY car has to have a egr valve"

-"I use to be a mechanic before I did this **** so I know my ****"

-"get out of the city now because if I see you again, I'll tow your car"

-"if I ever see you again, I'll tow your car"

And here is what one of the officers said to his partner as a joke:

-"if you see a autobot or decepticon sticker on their car, or even a doll in there, you gotta go after those m0ther f*ckers cuz they're ready to race"

The other main reason why I KNEW that I was being treated as if I was a criminal is because they had their hands on their gun looking like they were about to draw it out while they were talking to me. Sure I was taller than all 3 of them, but they had 3 officers with loaded guns, tasers, pepper spray and all wearing bullet proof vests.

They were all traffic officers but now the internal affairs is investigating the problem. I already submitted all my evidence to them and now they're telling me that they suspect that it's the school that the city pays to teach the officers about the car stuff taught them wrong info about every car having a egr valve.

Another thing was that the officer claims that he pulled me over for a loud exhaust but my argument is that it's not true because he saw me from his rear view mirror first, then he pulled aside for me to pass, then pulled back onto the road. That was profiling because of the car I drove.

They made me pop my hood and trunk through intimidation, intarrogation, harassment and accusation of future felony crimes such as murder / manslaughter about going to kill somebody one day.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Witness's for the quotes would be a plus.

A shop manual + in depth research for other vehicles W/O egr
eg
http://geometroforum.com/topic/4086128/1/

Most vehicles today still use EGR ( Even my Honda Insight ) .....but not ALL!

May I ask where this incident happened?

Mike

Old 07-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by bokchilo
Yea its hard to prove a lot of stuff but if there's a dash cam footage, it may help. There were also about 3 witnesses because I was stopped a short distance from a mechanic shop I was headed to. So they all stepped out and was watching as it happened. I did not open the door for him to look in the vehicle. They did make me pop my trunk but they had no right placing their hands on my belongings and shifting it around. The reason why I popped my trunk is because they harassed and interrogated the crap out of me.

Here's some quotes they said:

-"we know your car is setup to street race. Doesnt matter if its stop sign to stop sign, light to light, for fun, for money, YOU RACE"

my response to the quote above: "I dont street race. I care about people's safety around me". His response: "I DIDNT ASK FOR YOUR OPINION"

-"You're going to kill somebody one day"

-"we use to be young, we're not stupid"

-"i personally dont like Japanese cars, I'm into the american muscle"

-"EVERY car has to have a egr valve"

-"I use to be a mechanic before I did this **** so I know my ****"

-"get out of the city now because if I see you again, I'll tow your car"

-"if I ever see you again, I'll tow your car"

And here is what one of the officers said to his partner as a joke:

-"if you see a autobot or decepticon sticker on their car, or even a doll in there, you gotta go after those m0ther f*ckers cuz they're ready to race"

The other main reason why I KNEW that I was being treated as if I was a criminal is because they had their hands on their gun looking like they were about to draw it out while they were talking to me. Sure I was taller than all 3 of them, but they had 3 officers with loaded guns, tasers, pepper spray and all wearing bullet proof vests.

They were all traffic officers but now the internal affairs is investigating the problem. I already submitted all my evidence to them and now they're telling me that they suspect that it's the school that the city pays to teach the officers about the car stuff taught them wrong info about every car having a egr valve.

Another thing was that the officer claims that he pulled me over for a loud exhaust but my argument is that it's not true because he saw me from his rear view mirror first, then he pulled aside for me to pass, then pulled back onto the road. That was profiling because of the car I drove.

They made me pop my hood and trunk through intimidation, intarrogation, harassment and accusation of future felony crimes such as murder / manslaughter about going to kill somebody one day.
Wow just uncalled for. I have respect for police officers but not ones like this.

Definitely get the dash cam footage to back you up on the things they said. Also check to see if they were carrying recorders on them too. My friend who is a cop carry's one, I don't know if it is required for the agency he works for, just him, or every agency.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you for answering my questions. I guess a friend of mine (lives in Sacramento), if he is sent to the State referee for his Vortech setup, will be removing his cold air intake as well as headers (he has DC Sport headers => not carb legal for his 07 g35 coupe) and plenum spacer.

Since the State Referee is very strict, will they allow oil coolers, upgraded larger intercooler, oil catch can, PathFinder Cooling Mod, aftermarket radiator (Koyo) and transmission coolers? Will they fail you if you have an Air/Fuel gauge, Water/Oil temp gauge, or any engine monitoring gauges that are visible?

Old 07-25-2011, 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by g35hp306
Thank you for answering my questions. I guess a friend of mine (lives in Sacramento), if he is sent to the State referee for his Vortech setup, will be removing his cold air intake as well as headers (he has DC Sport headers => not carb legal for his 07 g35 coupe) and plenum spacer.

Since the State Referee is very strict, will they allow oil coolers, upgraded larger intercooler, oil catch can, PathFinder Cooling Mod, aftermarket radiator (Koyo) and transmission coolers? Will they fail you if you have an Air/Fuel gauge, Water/Oil temp gauge, or any engine monitoring gauges that are visible?
Any modifications to the vortech kit will not pass the state ref. As for coolant and oil mods, you will pass. They will fail you if you have any sort of gauges because it's considered modifications to sensors. I had a turbo timer and it was only hooked up to my ignition and I failed the first time. You will fail with a oil catch can because you're modifying the egr system because you're extending the pvc hose from the crank case and the intake to the can itself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sent to CA state ref w/ my vortech