Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Attn: All Vortech owners/potential owners in SoCal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 02:28 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn: All Vortech owners/potential owners in SoCal

As all who own the system already know, this system IS NOT emissions legal. Therefore, every day I drive my car I worry about getting pulled over. I was told when I bought the system (3 months ago) that they were already working on this and it should be ready SOON.

Anyway, below are the required vehicle they need in order to make the smog exemption possible.

Emissions codes needed to acquire smog exemption for all Vortech
Supercharged G35z and 350Zs. The emissions code for each vehicle is
printed on a sticker on the underside of the hood.

2004 model
4NSXV03-5G7C
2005 models
5NSXV03-5G7C

5NSXV03-5G7A

These may all be automatic models, and are most likely to be G35s, but
very well could be 350Zs also.

If you have a G already SC'ed with a Vortech system OR plan to get this system and meet the criteria above, PLEASE contact the following person and they will work out a deal with you. If you own the system already, I believe they'll provide a loaner for you (and probably something else).

Please contact:

Brian Ellis
Sales Representative
Vortech Engineering, LLC
bellis@vortechsuperchargers.com
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com

or

Steve Padfield
Sales & Marketing Director
Vortech Engineering, LLC
spadfield@vortechsuperchagers.com
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com

Old 01-03-2005, 06:02 AM
anyone got an update on this? randy have u talked to vortech about this reciently?

Old 01-03-2005, 11:34 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by jdj27x
anyone got an update on this? randy have u talked to vortech about this reciently?
no further update other than, they are working on it.

-Randy

Old 01-03-2005, 08:42 PM
randy, was it u that said that Church's Automotive Testing was a good place for a vortech tune and dyno? Called them and they sound amazing. Can u just post how long it took, and how much it cost and what kind of numbers and afr u got.

Thanks,
Jordan

Old 01-04-2005, 12:37 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
randy, was it u that said that Church's Automotive Testing was a good place for a vortech tune and dyno? Called them and they sound amazing. Can u just post how long it took, and how much it cost and what kind of numbers and afr u got.

Thanks,
Jordan
Hi Jordan,

Yes, that was me. Shawn Church is WELL known for his tuning and me and SAM52 were his first Vortech tunes and he did a great job. I pulled around 388 to the wheels my first tune but have since made a few changes and will be going back for a retune soon. My AF was around mid-11's to low 12's, but he was taking the reading from the exhaust tip and not the exhaust manifold bung. This generally mean anywhere from .6 to 1 whole point dif in AF...so, I was actually in the low 11's to high 11's. I currently don't have any gauges to tell you for sure. Shawn is a perfectionist and won't do you wrong. It takes around 2 hours on average and he charges around $150 per hour. By tuning standards, this is pretty cheap to get a system like this tuned. You can even ask the other Vortech SC'ed G about their tuning costs. Anyhow, give me a call if you wanna meet up aor discuss this further. 310.818.1875 -Randy

P.S. BTW, where are you getting your system installed? What year is your car? Vortech is looking for specific G's to test fit systems. Conatct me for details.

Last edited by GlenRoseFireFighter; 01-04-2005 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Wow, thanks for all that information Randy. Yea Shawn seemed to be great even on the phone. My goal for the vortech system and the tune all together is to be reliable. I rather have 10 or 15 horsepower less to be safe and reliable.

I was planning on having the install done @ Street Image in Baldwin Park (www.streetimage.com) . They do amazing work and frankly Eric there is the only person i would trust leaving my car overnight with. The pricing i recived is about 1200 dollars. I checked out Extreme Automotive and wouldnt touch that place with a 10 foot pole.

Couple Questions for you Randy.
1) I heard you talking about that zeitronix unit (afr ratio, egt gauge and boost and ex...) Have u got that unit yet? If so how long/ expensive do u think that would cost to install?
2) I think i speak for the forums online when i say that we would love to hear some sound clips or even better videos!!!
3) "P.S. BTW, where are you getting your system installed? What year is your car? Vortech is looking for specific G's to test fit systems. Conatct me for details."
My car is a 2004 (11-03) build date. Let me know by pm what the deal is.

4) People have been talking alot about the sounds of the vortech unit. The sound i want is the bov sound or the shhhhhhhh when i shift or release the boost, now will the vortech sound filter cover that up or is that just being put into place to cover up a diffrent sound?

5) Last question for now is this: What do u think about the JWT oil spacer and the vortech stainless steel oil line kit?
http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID51101...-line-kit.aspx

I was also thinking of ordering a Crawford Plenum, but somone told me that it caused the engine to run lean. But do u think that its somthing thats necessary?

Thanks alot,
Jordan

Old 01-04-2005, 04:15 AM
I can install it for you

Old 01-04-2005, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the help, however i don’t know if that’s something i would do. Im sure that you know exactly what your doing and have more knowledge then 70% of people installing these kits however for insurance and long term problems i think i would rather have it done at a insured business.
Thanks for looking out though,
Jordan

Old 01-04-2005, 11:46 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Wow, thanks for all that information Randy. Yea Shawn seemed to be great even on the phone. My goal for the vortech system and the tune all together is to be reliable. I rather have 10 or 15 horsepower less to be safe and reliable.

I was planning on having the install done @ Street Image in Baldwin Park (www.streetimage.com) . They do amazing work and frankly Eric there is the only person i would trust leaving my car overnight with. The pricing i recived is about 1200 dollars. I checked out Extreme Automotive and wouldnt touch that place with a 10 foot pole.

Couple Questions for you Randy.
1) I heard you talking about that zeitronix unit (afr ratio, egt gauge and boost and ex...) Have u got that unit yet? If so how long/ expensive do u think that would cost to install?
2) I think i speak for the forums online when i say that we would love to hear some sound clips or even better videos!!!
3) "P.S. BTW, where are you getting your system installed? What year is your car? Vortech is looking for specific G's to test fit systems. Conatct me for details."
My car is a 2004 (11-03) build date. Let me know by pm what the deal is.

4) People have been talking alot about the sounds of the vortech unit. The sound i want is the bov sound or the shhhhhhhh when i shift or release the boost, now will the vortech sound filter cover that up or is that just being put into place to cover up a diffrent sound?

5) Last question for now is this: What do u think about the JWT oil spacer and the vortech stainless steel oil line kit?
http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID51101...-line-kit.aspx

I was also thinking of ordering a Crawford Plenum, but somone told me that it caused the engine to run lean. But do u think that its somthing thats necessary?

Thanks alot,
Jordan
Jordan, call me at the # I provided above.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Randy, did u get the pm i sent you last week?

Old 01-11-2005, 07:39 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Randy, did u get the pm i sent you last week?
About Extreme? If so, yes. That's crazy. I guess I was lucky.

Old 01-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Hey randy, is it possible to just give u or vortech my vin instd of the number on the paper inside the hood?

Thanks

Old 01-13-2005, 06:02 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Hey randy, is it possible to just give u or vortech my vin instd of the number on the paper inside the hood?

Thanks
No, but if we meet up, I can show where to look.

-Randy