Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Profile4
i was corrected on this subject b4. it all depends on the setup, tuning, and size of the turbos you use. there are plenty of TT 1000hp setups in japan, and a fair share that can produce higher outputs than a single turbo setup. turbonetics is not a new player in the turbo scene, so their kit will most likely be a strong player in the FI market, especially if they come out with a warranty like that. it all depends on what they offer and what you want in a kit which will decide which is a better kit. i wonder whats stopping everyone from just doing a custom setup kit, which in the end will yield the best results if done properly. look at the setup of that 350 kit, very similar positioning as the ATI procharger. the problem of that? supposedly the radiator support in the G yields less clearance than the Z, so fitment would be a big factor. i guess we'll have to wait and see wat turbonetics churns out for us if nething.
It truely does all depend on the setup, size of turbos and tuning! However the turbonetics turbo system does use stock mainfolds, and some pretty radical bends in the system, the turbo system is definitely not designed for high hp use, but more for a cheap solution to a turbo system. By cheap I don't mean quality, but it uses as little components as necessary to complete a turbo system which is great for those of you on a budget!

Old 12-31-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by SSR Engineering
Well there are ALOT of pros and cons to each and every twin turbo system on the market for the G35. Lets point out the cons first, for all of the twin turbo systems on the market (except ours) they aren't actually based on the G35 obviously since they incorporate a large core that is 90% covered except for the end tanks by the front bumper cover (unless you choose to upgrade your front bumper cover.) What's the point of having an FMIC when it's not seeing any air flow? Next thing is that the Greddy kit uses twin cast iron manifolds and mounts both turbo's high in the engine bay where the underhood temperatures are likely to rise beyond safe temps, and the twin cast iron manifolds are going to choke at higher boost pressures if one decides to possibly build a motor and go for higher #s.

Also what's the point of tuning on a dyno that does not produce any load on the engine, unless you have a fancy standalone? what about a stock ecu system that has a load based ignition and air fuel system? Also not to mention your worlds highest hp supra is still not faster then Ryan Woon's 6 speed supra am I correct?

If your on a budget the Greddy TT system might be the best bang-for-the-buck but we have plenty of customers that went for our $7795 kit even though it's more expensive, it produces more power per psi then any other kit on the market, comes with a life-time warranty, and it's actually designed to fit a G35 not a 350z.
has SSR dealt with the problem of the crank sensor causing problems for FI Z's or G's?

Old 12-31-2004, 05:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Not to argue, but the GReddy TT makes mid 300 whp, by just bolting the kit on. stock exhaust, everything. With a true dual exhaust, we are seeing almost 30whp gain, no tuning. that equates to 370-390 whp w/ just turbo, intercooler, exhuast. no tuning except e-manage base program. not sure how that equates to being considered "old".. add a technosquare ecu, few pressure riser, and walbro fuel pump, and you're making up to 420 whp!!! this is the edge of the motor. in fact, even with proper tuning (e-manage, fcon v-pro) these motors rods will give anywhere between 380-425 whp. upgrade your internals and add boost controller. the greddy turbos are good for up to 600 whp, while the power enterprise turbos are only good for mid-500's.

we have sold 2 or 3 power enterprise kits, while we have sold at least a dozen greddy kits. a greddy kit will be going on our own g35 coupe 6 speed in a couple of weeks. it's your money, but for $5900.00, you can have a turbo kit that has the potential of making 600 whp. 350z's making 420whp, with the GReddy kit, clutch, and drag radials are going mid-low 12's.

APS..... wow, $7500???? hmmm.... so it makes more horsepower by bolting it on, supposedly. but, since we now know that with stock internals, the rods will let go around 420whp, why are people entertaining the idea of spending $1500 more than the GReddy kit? which we know is capable of making up to 600whp??? not sure i see the logic. GReddy has been making turbo kits for many many years for Japanese cars. their name speaks for itself, and sells itself.

funny thing about aps actually. while we were at sema this past november, we stopped at their booth to check out the kit. looked like a nice, well built, engineered kit. while talking to the aps rep (an older guy w/ an australian accent.. go figure..lol ) he started asking us questions about our company. we told him that we build very high horsepower, street driven, mostly japanese cars. he asked us what kind of dyno we use. we told him that we have an in-house dynojet. now, at sema, when you're displaying your product, you're not supposed to get in an argument with potential buyers righ??? so, after telling him about our dynojet, he actually smirked, and told us "it is common knowledge that you cannot tune on a dynojet!!!!!!".......... omg, huh???? he starts going into this and that detail, and we're trying not to laugh in his face, but it's pretty difficult not to grin. we didn't tell him that we built the world's highest horsepower supra, or that it was tuned on our own in-house dynojet. jason siebels, of AEM (designer of AEM's EMS) is one of our personal friend's, and the tuner of our Supra. he's also the tuner for steph papadakis's (AEM) race car. steph's car is the quickest (6.54 @ 211.8mph) import drag car in the world, and it too, is also tuned on a dynojet!!!!! when i told jason about our little discussion with aps, he got a big grin on his face, put down his burger, and went over to the aps booth..... anyways, just a little story about aps... i can only imagine their customer service...
INTENSEPOWER, thanks for the post tons of good information. Thats not the first time I've heard of a story about APS! On the Greddy set up at what hp should you change out the clutch?

Old 12-31-2004, 07:52 PM
i think a twin setup on our cars would be alot more efficient since it is a V setup and there would need to be a crossover pipe to let 3 of the cylinders get to the turbine on a big single

also the exhaust gas would have to travel farther farther on one side of the engine than the other.

the reason the big supercars use single turbos are because they are Inline 6, so they can just have all 6 exhaust ports on one side of the engine, making it much easier for exhaust to get to the turbo

Old 01-02-2005, 12:43 PM
GSQUAD
yes this kit will be made for the g35

Old 01-02-2005, 11:16 PM
will it be released with the Z's kit?

Old 01-06-2005, 04:35 PM
can someone post the prices of the kits(twin turbo) that are out?
Greddy-
ssr-
speed force racing-
power enterprise-

p.s.- i would like the greddy but i heard u have to take the metal bumper off to fit the fmic. then if u got in a wreck ur screwed. is this true?

Old 01-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Single turbo only make sense on a Inline(eg. Supra, Skyline, EVO, SRT4) layout engine or if its alot cheaper than the twin, but i would rather have a twin turbo setup on a V(350Z, LS1, Viper) layout engine.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Any new information on this kit???

Old 02-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
^^^^^Ditto.....

Old 02-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
a greddy kit will be going on our own g35 coupe 6 speed in a couple of weeks.
AZG35 Owners have a dyno day scheduled at Intense on Feb. 26th. I'd be very interested in seeing your TT'd G35 then. Not to mention it'd be a very good time to promote yourself further to our growing club. There are only about 50 of us now (15 I believe are participating in the dyno) but we are growing fast!!!

Old 03-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Turbonetics will not be legal in Cali right? Any idea when this kit will be released for the G35 coupe? Would you say that both kits are e-z to tune?

Thanks

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Well there is no tuning with the Turbonetics kit. You send your ECU to Turbonetics...they flash it with the program for the turbo kit and send it back to you...Plug and play. Turbonetics is working on a CARB solutiuon.... Brads car goes in late next week for the R&D for the G kits...

Old 03-15-2005, 11:52 PM
josh..you're asking way too many questions

Old 03-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by TINMAN
josh..you're asking way too many questions
Your right! (funnny)

Old 03-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Your right! (funnny)
G2FAST is also working the minds at MY350Z forum. Got a good post going between APS and Turbonetics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit