Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 02:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit

350Z 33page Link

I was reading this article on the single turbo and found many pros and cons on single vs twin! What are your thoughts on the single vs twin? Will they make this for our G35's? What about the catbacks? What is your thought on Turbonetics vs Greddy?

Old 12-23-2004, 10:18 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
single has no chance at gettin carb certified.

single has more lag that twins, but can make more power in the end.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by SFLG35
single has more lag that twins, but can make more power in the end.
On the lag when and how long does it play apart from single vs twin? Now the single can produce more power? Who's faster in 1/4 mile?

Old 12-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all i know is that all like 1000hp cars that i think of supras and skylines.... are single turbo except like... some of those damn t88 tt skylines ya know.

Old 12-24-2004, 06:39 AM
Does anyone have any information on when this kit will come out for us G guys? Is it true this kit would be better for a daily driver since it kicks in at 3k rpms? Does anyone have good or bad feed back on this company?

Old 12-24-2004, 06:35 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by G2FAST
On the lag when and how long does it play apart from single vs twin? Now the single can produce more power? Who's faster in 1/4 mile?
Raz is right, almost every 1000+hp ***. supercar are HUGE single turbos, even most e36 m3 bimmers and older m5's, that's how you pull out the most power and to regulate the turbo lag they spray with nitrous to get past the bad lag! A TT setup minimizes the lag because when one turbo isnt spooling up fast enough or is lagging the other will kick in, the single doesnt have that!
1/4 mile? Nobody knows as of now and nobody knows how it will hold up on the VQ motor!

Old 12-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Turbonetics includes a 12,000 mile/12 month no fault no hassle warranty on the kit.

Old 12-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was corrected on this subject b4. it all depends on the setup, tuning, and size of the turbos you use. there are plenty of TT 1000hp setups in japan, and a fair share that can produce higher outputs than a single turbo setup. turbonetics is not a new player in the turbo scene, so their kit will most likely be a strong player in the FI market, especially if they come out with a warranty like that. it all depends on what they offer and what you want in a kit which will decide which is a better kit. i wonder whats stopping everyone from just doing a custom setup kit, which in the end will yield the best results if done properly. look at the setup of that 350 kit, very similar positioning as the ATI procharger. the problem of that? supposedly the radiator support in the G yields less clearance than the Z, so fitment would be a big factor. i guess we'll have to wait and see wat turbonetics churns out for us if nething.

Old 12-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Would a single turbo put more stress on the engine compared to a twin turbo? Is it true that twins work less than the single so you would probably have less stress on your turbo in the twin scenario?

Old 12-26-2004, 06:08 PM
it all depends on the size of your turboes and how efficient the system is. 20 psi on a small turbo for instance will not produce as much power as 20 psi on a large turbo (meaning that it moves less CFM's along the pressurized system). there's a terrific book by Corky Bell i think that is supposedly THE manual on turbocharging. it gets all technical and stuff, so you might wanna research on it. i remember turboing my bro's civic with a small *** T28, took about 21 psi to produce the same amount of power as a T3/T4 turbo running 12 psi. so the T28 had to spin that much faster to flow the same amount of CFM's to the motor. i think WhiteG35Coupe had a single turbo setup but opted to switch to TT. PM him and see why he switched and how the single setup was.

Old 12-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the info Profile4, I have actually spoken to whiteG35 and his car is crazy fast!!! I'm trying to decide on the two single systems that are coming out and the Greddy twin system, with that said I'm trying to see what I want. The JWT is also coming out and with all these kits I'm trying to get all the info and see whats the best for me.

Old 12-27-2004, 12:43 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Thanks for the info Profile4, I have actually spoken to whiteG35 and his car is crazy fast!!! I'm trying to decide on the two single systems that are coming out and the Greddy twin system, with that said I'm trying to see what I want. The JWT is also coming out and with all these kits I'm trying to get all the info and see whats the best for me.

If your going for a twin turbo setup, look beyond greddy, its old now! Power Enterprise is still good but APS TT setup that they have on the 350z will be the best IMO!! They got that car to run a 12.1, its on their website!

Old 12-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by iLLG35
If your going for a twin turbo setup, look beyond greddy, its old now! Power Enterprise is still good but APS TT setup that they have on the 350z will be the best IMO!! They got that car to run a 12.1, its on their website!
Not to argue, but the GReddy TT makes mid 300 whp, by just bolting the kit on. stock exhaust, everything. With a true dual exhaust, we are seeing almost 30whp gain, no tuning. that equates to 370-390 whp w/ just turbo, intercooler, exhuast. no tuning except e-manage base program. not sure how that equates to being considered "old".. add a technosquare ecu, few pressure riser, and walbro fuel pump, and you're making up to 420 whp!!! this is the edge of the motor. in fact, even with proper tuning (e-manage, fcon v-pro) these motors rods will give anywhere between 380-425 whp. upgrade your internals and add boost controller. the greddy turbos are good for up to 600 whp, while the power enterprise turbos are only good for mid-500's.

we have sold 2 or 3 power enterprise kits, while we have sold at least a dozen greddy kits. a greddy kit will be going on our own g35 coupe 6 speed in a couple of weeks. it's your money, but for $5900.00, you can have a turbo kit that has the potential of making 600 whp. 350z's making 420whp, with the GReddy kit, clutch, and drag radials are going mid-low 12's.

APS..... wow, $7500???? hmmm.... so it makes more horsepower by bolting it on, supposedly. but, since we now know that with stock internals, the rods will let go around 420whp, why are people entertaining the idea of spending $1500 more than the GReddy kit? which we know is capable of making up to 600whp??? not sure i see the logic. GReddy has been making turbo kits for many many years for Japanese cars. their name speaks for itself, and sells itself.

funny thing about aps actually. while we were at sema this past november, we stopped at their booth to check out the kit. looked like a nice, well built, engineered kit. while talking to the aps rep (an older guy w/ an australian accent.. go figure..lol ) he started asking us questions about our company. we told him that we build very high horsepower, street driven, mostly japanese cars. he asked us what kind of dyno we use. we told him that we have an in-house dynojet. now, at sema, when you're displaying your product, you're not supposed to get in an argument with potential buyers righ??? so, after telling him about our dynojet, he actually smirked, and told us "it is common knowledge that you cannot tune on a dynojet!!!!!!".......... omg, huh???? he starts going into this and that detail, and we're trying not to laugh in his face, but it's pretty difficult not to grin. we didn't tell him that we built the world's highest horsepower supra, or that it was tuned on our own in-house dynojet. jason siebels, of AEM (designer of AEM's EMS) is one of our personal friend's, and the tuner of our Supra. he's also the tuner for steph papadakis's (AEM) race car. steph's car is the quickest (6.54 @ 211.8mph) import drag car in the world, and it too, is also tuned on a dynojet!!!!! when i told jason about our little discussion with aps, he got a big grin on his face, put down his burger, and went over to the aps booth..... anyways, just a little story about aps... i can only imagine their customer service...

Old 12-31-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by Raznips
all i know is that all like 1000hp cars that i think of supras and skylines.... are single turbo except like... some of those damn t88 tt skylines ya know.

All I mean ALL of the fastest skylines in the world are running twin turbo setups.

Old 12-31-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Not to argue, but the GReddy TT makes mid 300 whp, by just bolting the kit on. stock exhaust, everything. With a true dual exhaust, we are seeing almost 30whp gain, no tuning. that equates to 370-390 whp w/ just turbo, intercooler, exhuast. no tuning except e-manage base program. not sure how that equates to being considered "old".. add a technosquare ecu, few pressure riser, and walbro fuel pump, and you're making up to 420 whp!!! this is the edge of the motor. in fact, even with proper tuning (e-manage, fcon v-pro) these motors rods will give anywhere between 380-425 whp. upgrade your internals and add boost controller. the greddy turbos are good for up to 600 whp, while the power enterprise turbos are only good for mid-500's.

we have sold 2 or 3 power enterprise kits, while we have sold at least a dozen greddy kits. a greddy kit will be going on our own g35 coupe 6 speed in a couple of weeks. it's your money, but for $5900.00, you can have a turbo kit that has the potential of making 600 whp. 350z's making 420whp, with the GReddy kit, clutch, and drag radials are going mid-low 12's.

APS..... wow, $7500???? hmmm.... so it makes more horsepower by bolting it on, supposedly. but, since we now know that with stock internals, the rods will let go around 420whp, why are people entertaining the idea of spending $1500 more than the GReddy kit? which we know is capable of making up to 600whp??? not sure i see the logic. GReddy has been making turbo kits for many many years for Japanese cars. their name speaks for itself, and sells itself.

funny thing about aps actually. while we were at sema this past november, we stopped at their booth to check out the kit. looked like a nice, well built, engineered kit. while talking to the aps rep (an older guy w/ an australian accent.. go figure..lol ) he started asking us questions about our company. we told him that we build very high horsepower, street driven, mostly japanese cars. he asked us what kind of dyno we use. we told him that we have an in-house dynojet. now, at sema, when you're displaying your product, you're not supposed to get in an argument with potential buyers righ??? so, after telling him about our dynojet, he actually smirked, and told us "it is common knowledge that you cannot tune on a dynojet!!!!!!".......... omg, huh???? he starts going into this and that detail, and we're trying not to laugh in his face, but it's pretty difficult not to grin. we didn't tell him that we built the world's highest horsepower supra, or that it was tuned on our own in-house dynojet. jason siebels, of AEM (designer of AEM's EMS) is one of our personal friend's, and the tuner of our Supra. he's also the tuner for steph papadakis's (AEM) race car. steph's car is the quickest (6.54 @ 211.8mph) import drag car in the world, and it too, is also tuned on a dynojet!!!!! when i told jason about our little discussion with aps, he got a big grin on his face, put down his burger, and went over to the aps booth..... anyways, just a little story about aps... i can only imagine their customer service...
Well there are ALOT of pros and cons to each and every twin turbo system on the market for the G35. Lets point out the cons first, for all of the twin turbo systems on the market (except ours) they aren't actually based on the G35 obviously since they incorporate a large core that is 90% covered except for the end tanks by the front bumper cover (unless you choose to upgrade your front bumper cover.) What's the point of having an FMIC when it's not seeing any air flow? Next thing is that the Greddy kit uses twin cast iron manifolds and mounts both turbo's high in the engine bay where the underhood temperatures are likely to rise beyond safe temps, and the twin cast iron manifolds are going to choke at higher boost pressures if one decides to possibly build a motor and go for higher #s.

Also what's the point of tuning on a dyno that does not produce any load on the engine, unless you have a fancy standalone? what about a stock ecu system that has a load based ignition and air fuel system? Also not to mention your worlds highest hp supra is still not faster then Ryan Woon's 6 speed supra am I correct?

If your on a budget the Greddy TT system might be the best bang-for-the-buck but we have plenty of customers that went for our $7795 kit even though it's more expensive, it produces more power per psi then any other kit on the market, comes with a life-time warranty, and it's actually designed to fit a G35 not a 350z.

Last edited by SSR Engineering; 12-31-2004 at 02:38 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit