Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Looking into a supercharger..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by superchargedg
Dont listen to these guys....just get four electric supercharger's and wire them in series.
No they must be wired in parallel otherwise if one fails they all fail.

OP: In all seriousness, after all the research and threads I read here and on G35 I decided the best kit for my 2004 G35 6MT would be the vortech. For most this is the route they take. Lots of good info here... the search button is your best friends. Otherwise you get jokes like me!

Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by localguy
or better yet, drive up north and force Sasha to fab something up for my a/t.
You won't have to force me, I am waiting..

No donor a/t's to work off of, otherwise it would be out already. I should just buy a bad a/t, bolt it up and go on from there. Probably the easiest way to do it, but I don't know how many with a/t's are actually looking for a BP turbo kit. No sense of doing this is there is only a couple of people that would buy it.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
http://youtu.be/fybFjQ9z1yI

Last edited by nyqueenz; 12-11-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 350Z T
You won't have to force me, I am waiting..

No donor a/t's to work off of, otherwise it would be out already. I should just buy a bad a/t, bolt it up and go on from there. Probably the easiest way to do it, but I don't know how many with a/t's are actually looking for a BP turbo kit. No sense of doing this is there is only a couple of people that would buy it.
I have relatives in Alberta and they always yell at me to make the 14 hour trip. My response was always 'eff that'. I guess I now have a good reason to go other than to vacation.

I'll let you know when's the next possible time I could make this happen. Otherwise I might just take the sc road. Meh.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
www.assaultech.com has the tuner kit for $3750 thats probably what im going with. Ive thought about putting the R&D into developing a true bolt on twin system for our cars but just the R&D time not to mention money i didnt feel like spending.If one of the big name shops feels like putting my plan into production then i would be more than happy to give them the idea so long as they sell it for the price its sopposed to be and not marked up like every other FI option in the market your mainly paying for a name.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Sparda1123
Ive thought about putting the R&D into developing a true bolt on twin system for our cars but just the R&D time not to mention money i didnt feel like spending.If one of the big name shops feels like putting my plan into production then i would be more than happy to give them the idea so long as they sell it for the price its sopposed to be and not marked up like every other FI option in the market your mainly paying for a name.
And there ya go. You don't want to spend money to build one kit for yourself, because it takes time/money/research. You do however want a "manufacturer" to build it for you, do all the testing, prove that it works, and have them sell it to you at just above cost. That is a solid plan buddy.

The following users liked this post:
threatcon07 (12-15-2011)
Old 12-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 350Z T
And there ya go. You don't want to spend money to build one kit for yourself, because it takes time/money/research. You do however want a "manufacturer" to build it for you, do all the testing, prove that it works, and have them sell it to you at just above cost. That is a solid plan buddy.
Lol your misunderstanding where im coming from im not looking to make a buck out of the deal at all, also i wouldnt mind using my car as the test car but i dont have the skill nor tools to do the work myself. All that i would want out of the deal though is to get the kit at cost for testing and use after testing is complete. Trust me man if i had the skill and tools id fab it up and sell it to us guys on the forums at cost as an alternative option than the name brand options that will get them the same amount of power. Who knows im expecting some money towards the beginning of the year so maybe il produce one maybe not, but as to the original topic at hand i agree that the vortech would be your best option for a supercharger.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Twin Charged..

http://youtu.be/rd4XA8czlks

Last edited by nyqueenz; 12-15-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
I recommend phase change as your premier option...

Old 12-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Lol your misunderstanding where im coming from im not looking to make a buck out of the deal at all, also i wouldnt mind using my car as the test car but i dont have the skill nor tools to do the work myself. All that i would want out of the deal though is to get the kit at cost for testing and use after testing is complete. Trust me man if i had the skill and tools id fab it up and sell it to us guys on the forums at cost as an alternative option than the name brand options that will get them the same amount of power. Who knows im expecting some money towards the beginning of the year so maybe il produce one maybe not, but as to the original topic at hand i agree that the vortech would be your best option for a supercharger.
Wow, I have never heard anybody say that they are willing to work for free. Do you know how much time/effor it takes just to build a ST kit for the G/Z? It is funny hearing people with "no skill and no tools" telling those with skill and tools to sell stuff at cost (reading between the lines here). Why do I have a job tha pays me every two weeks...oh wait..bills.

The following users liked this post:
threatcon07 (12-15-2011)
Old 12-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I would go with either an HKS or Vortech. The HKS system is actually a LOT cheaper now than it was before. It went down from 6500 to 4500 MSRP. Personally I have a Vortech, I liked how their facility is local so it's easy to reach them for support, and the ease of upgrading for more power. Since HKS is shutting down their US warehouse, it would probably take a while to get any small parts or what not. But the quality on the HKS kit is top notch, and with a smaller pulley and tuning, I have seen cars that put down 350 whp. I would not hesistate to purchase the HKS kit. Make sure you find an experienced tuner, as that can mean the difference between enjoying your car for years to come and blowing your motor shortly afterwards. Good luck!

Old 12-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Why would any manufacturer give you a kit to use and test, and then sell it to you at cost? What is the expertise you have and/or the benefit for the manufacturer in doing that for you? And what is this idea of yours that is so brilliant that it warrants any major or even minor company's attention? Sorry to say, but I doubt you have any idea about what you are talking about. But if you do, that will be great. Then you can make a supercharger system and sell it at cost to all the other G35 owners to help us out. All the companies should take a clue from you, and sell items at cost without paying their overhead. Wonder why all the companies haven't scooped that up yet.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
Sometimes ignorance like this is what really frustrates me about this forum. A guy comes in looking for help and puts a certain amount of information out there in hopes that someone, who actually knows something, would weigh in and give some useful information.

Superchagedg I wish you would spend a little more time actually READING what is written in the original post so that you don't come in tossing around nonsense. The OP was quite clear in his first post that he was stock and didn't want to go the CAI route. ANYONE in here who has any knowledge whatsoever knows that you couldn't even consider going quad superchargers without CAI.
I agree there are lots of ignorant people all over this forum I use to ask questions trying to get help and information and people would waste time by responding letting me know " that I need to do research" what's sad is if you go on any other forum ( BMW, EVO, or even Honda) it's not as rude as this forum.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Everyone! With the other information on this site, and yours peoples input here I think I know what I want to do. The car is away for the winter, but first I need new Perelli tires ,headers and some pullys! I am not going to buy one this year, but I have time to do more homework first and look for super deals. I think having a new set of performance tires and racing pullys should be good enough for me for next year. But 2013,, that will be the year Ill have all those extra horses

Thanks G forum

Last edited by xXThirty-FiveXx; 12-28-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gtm motorsports.com lyshlom s/c or rotrax they are a force not to be recond with lol!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking into a supercharger..