Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Nooby nooberson learning to install single turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by 1pt21jiggawatts
Hey everybody. Meant to get to this sooner but I'm in the final points of packing up for China. Flying out tonight so getting updates on here has been rough.

To let everyone know the kit is fully in and all the extras are hooked up! Took it to Church's on Friday and got it tuned! They have a legit squad over there and Shawn was super professional and easy to talk to. He answered all my questions and even gave me some tips on how to keep the car running smooth.

Once Shawn got it all up and running well, the car started spitting some white smoke after a full run so after a little Q&A we were able to determine that the oil drain needed to be higher than where it was (it's currently at the pan spacer which is near the bottom) After the car got out of boost, there wouldn't be any pressure to pump the oil out of the turbo so it would burn up and spit out the exhaust. Easy fix luckily. And my bank 2 sensor kacked out so I just replaced that. But other than that the car was giving good feedback and nothing exploded.

I wasn't thinking at the time but I wish I would have gotten some videos. But I took a pic of the results...

Here's the dyno sheet

Attachment 217346

At the end of the day, ended up with 379tq and 410hp, all on 7.5psi!!! Way more than I was expecting! and the power curves are nice and constant.

As soon as I got it out of the driveway I gave it full throttle and HOLY **** did it pull!!! Needless to say I was very very pleased. As an added bonus, on the drive back up the 1 highway, had brand new M3 pull up next to me and give me a little nudge to go. I just had to test it out... and of course the G ate it up. Then, about 30 mins later a Z06 pulls up and does the same... Unfortunately he pulled on me, but just barely. After that I babies it all the way home, didn't want to push my luck.

The car is a blast to drive again and I find reasons just to drive it around town. The only test now, is time and making sure I keep it going strong. I figure I can drive it like this for about a year then get the motor build up for some REAL POWER! But we'll see in a year

For those wondering about the install, it was a headache putting the kit in myself, especially since it was a slightly used kit (a brand new kit would have all the little things like bolts and clamps and hoses needed, which would have saved me a few days of searching). But after it was all done I get a 400hp beast and the knowledge to fix most any issue (hopefully there won't be too many) if they come up. And at less than half the cost of buying a kit and having someone else install it. But I can definitely see why people would pay to have it installed

And if anyone is interested I found out who keyed up the car. Lo and behold it was the ex Made her shell out some dough in the process so the damage came out of her pocket and not mine. Had to use a little legal persuasion and I guarantee she won't be pulling that **** anymore. Then gave her the final once through, and sent that bitch on her way!

Well thanks everyone for your help and if anyone has any questions about the kit or the process in general, PM me and I'll be glad to answer.

LMFAO!! Dude she was totally bitter and low key probably found out (1) How much you shelled out in cash towards your G, (2) How much time you spent and dedicated it over her, and (3) Was just all around bitter in the process as I too had a neighbor - who wanted the d*** - who ended up throwing some kind of acidic pain thinner on my roof and right rear panel "because I wouldn't give the little Alpha Omicron Pi Soror the D.

Like you, I found out when and how she did it as the stupid b**** forgot how I am low key "FWBs" with some of her sorority sisters at our university. Thus, I had to engage back and forth with her chapter, the university administrators; all up to me contacting the Regional President of her chapter to "request a check" to have my G resurfaced, repainted, and resealed on those locations. Cost for all? $4,672.16 here in Northern Virginia.

P.S. Congrats on your DIY bro as I have to raise a toast to you sir for paying it forward to yourself.