Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

For those of you who are boosted, was it/is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what experience do u have..?

Old 03-22-2013, 02:37 PM
U can build a vq w turbo for around 20 stacks N make around 450 hp... U can do a stock ls1 or ls2 swap for around 12 stacks n make 400 hp stock.U can do a 2j swap with custom manifold n single turbo n make 600hp w stock internals.. Now heres the kicker The vq cant handle power without alot of $ ... The stock ls is great if u dont want anything past 450 it gets pricy quick after that... The stock 2j tran n drive shaft r built for 650 hp on stock internals n w work r capable of 1500 hp... So what kind of experience do u have ive had 2 of the 3 n im building the 2j now

Old 03-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by 2jzg35
The problem is your first posts on this forum go on about your G35 smoking exotics......blah...blah...blah, yet you haven't shown any proof or info regarding your build. Essentially talking out of your @ss from our perspective. I still haven't decided whether your actually serious or just trolling. Your communication skills aren't helping your case either. I'm not trying to sound like a d!ck but until I see what your talking about, I can't take anything you say seriously.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
The problem is your first posts on this forum go on about your G35 smoking exotics......blah...blah...blah, yet you haven't shown any proof or info regarding your build. Essentially talking out of your @ss from our perspective. I still haven't decided whether your actually serious or just trolling. Your communication skills aren't helping your case either.
Trolling for what ? who cares ? All i know is i have a g so i joined this forum to talk to other people that love gs n other fast cars... i tryed posting about were u can watch the progress of my swap n it got deleted by the mod n I got a warning message ... I dont get it ....im not here to argue w anyone about spending there $$$ the way they want... gs are great cars to drive stock .. there fun but if u want a fast car thats reliable without killing the vq is not practicle... im making a photo bucket now

Old 03-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
The problem is your first posts on this forum go on about your G35 smoking exotics......blah...blah...blah, yet you haven't shown any proof or info regarding your build. Essentially talking out of your @ss from our perspective. I still haven't decided whether your actually serious or just trolling. Your communication skills aren't helping your case either.
Trolling for what ? who cares ? All i know is i have a g so i joined this forum to talk to other people that love gs n other fast cars... i tryed posting about were u can watch the progress of my swap n it got deleted by the mod n I got a warning message ... I dont get it ....im not here to argue w anyone about spending there $$$ the way they want... gs are great cars to drive stock .. there fun but if u want a fast car thats reliable without killing the vq is not practicle... im making a photo bucket now

Old 03-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Here it is check it out ill be adding more http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0576c90e.jpg

Old 03-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
I'm not trying to argue either, just letting you know why people are responding to you like they are.

Originally Posted by 2jzg35
Here it is check it out ill be adding more http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0576c90e.jpg
Now thats better. I think its against the rules to link to other forums . You could start a build thread over here if you want.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nope

Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by dspiel
nope
No to what starting the thread or link?

Old 03-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In reference to the topic

Old 03-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
I only know of 1 g that had a Jz swap. He dropped around 18k with turbos getting it done. 550whp... Jz motors are sweet, but personally are there better yes. Would I turbo my car again... Yes. But I would probably do twins. I would also have built up the motor better.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Received 190 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR
Yes yes and yes

It was worth it... every thousands I have spent. Only down side is if you spend too much ... you may only retrieve 50% (if you are lucky) of the value of what you have spent if you decide to sell the car.

That aside.... there is nothing I like better than to punish a ZR1
The ZR1 is on my list along with this Hyabusa that gave me a hard time one day.

Yes, yes, yes like XKR. I am running full stock exhuast minus gutten cats to pass emissions (but now I like the quietness) .

The look on the modded red C6 Z06 with blacked out windows, roof and rims....OMG worth every penny.

Now the only advice I have is to plan for BIG but start low.

Get 850CC injectors and the largerst intercooler on the planet, fuel return, meth kit, nismo theromstat, radiators (I have OEM radiator) ect....get it all on the 400Rwhp build.

Learn how to drive your freaking car first.

Slowly increase the boost 50rwhp or so....remembering every mod is a retune...so decide on exhaust that you can use with your turbo or supercharger now. Dont buy and sell shizzil 3 and 4 times like I did.

Funny I think im leaving the OEM manifolds on, Gutted HFC, but going w an aftermarket Y pipe. But the stock mid pipe and muffler, FTW. Do you know how many exhaust set ups I tried on my car?!?!?!? 3inch single, custom, half OEM with Stillen Y pipe, fast intension true dual...the list goes on and on....

I made 460RWHP and 390FT TQ for under 8K
I got a built motor free (long story through paint job, water damage, insurance)
another 5K getting it from 460 to 550. ( I didnt have any supporting mods at all other than larger fuel pump)

Yes im going yet another 100 rwhp in a few weeks.

All on a Vortech SuperCharger for $3500 bucks

If I could do it again.

I would do a stock block Vortech SC with 500hp/400rwhp with all the supporting mods from hell and then drive the pisz out of the car.

I dont do this to brag or to boast about beating up other cars/bikes. I live for this Zhit. I love all cars, all engines, and I can appreciate why a guy slams a VW or a Chrysler 300C. Its not me, but I get it. I respect it.

I can respect an C5 TT V8 running 1000rwhp on low boost
I can respect the GT500 SuperSnake running 750rwhp

But if anyone ever beats me....its simple, they spent more and probaly too much money.

My car is still less over all cost than a new M3 yet BMW doesnt make a production car than can come close to the performance. Hell heavily modded M6s will have a hard time if win at all.

I can go on and on, but when a GSXR 600 cant get you off the line, mid range, and you pull on it top end. Worth every effing cent spent.

I love my car. My sons with both drive this bish to prom, although my youngest is feeling the 78 CJ5 (383 in that bish too)

LOL

Going FI on a G35 is like getting married. Dont do it if you dont plan on going to hell and back with her.

Lol I see that in someone signature soon. LMAO

Last edited by G ZILLA; 04-08-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Received 190 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtrain
The first 6 words, are the smartest 6 words.

But I love my G. And I have a passion for it, so I keep with it and will likely never sell it.

but thats just it man. We didnt buy these cars because they were fast. Look and the styling, the lines. Ive often referred to them as the new Supras. The Supra has a look that was just classic. I feel the G35, not the G37 has a timeless shape similar to that of the mighty supra.

I love the look and feel of the G35, thats why I got it. I boosted it originally to smoke and ISF that always bothered me while I was at work. Then the Z06 was the goal. Now its the ZR!. I think the new Viper would be a nice run too.

what can i say, im goal oriental. I mean oriented.

LMAO

Old 04-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Yessir

Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by G ZILLA
But if anyone ever beats me....its simple, they spent more and probaly too much money...

Going FI on a G35 is like getting married. Dont do it if you dont plan on going to hell and back with her.

Lol I see that in someone signature soon. LMAO
I've never felt oppressed by someone's arrogance but I think I can now confidently put that check in the box.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For those of you who are boosted, was it/is it worth it?