Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

JWT Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Well, it comes with re-circ valves (smae thing the 300ZXTT had) which are (debatedely) better than BOV's, but don't have that "kewl" F&F sound.

I suppose if the sound is important to you, you could get one of those fake BOV kits from eBay...

Dave

Old 10-30-2005, 03:11 AM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Hmm, any updates?

Dave

Old 10-30-2005, 06:56 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by caelric
Hmm, any updates?

Dave
+ 1!!!

CA is notorious for running new product thought he mill....

I don't know everything about anything, but I know a little about many things...

JWT's TT is probably road worthy (for all states aside form the one he is in)... The problem is 50 state legal (which is 49 state granted, CA rejected).

I hate to state this, but I have been wanting to buy a Taurus 24-7 since the manufacturer released it. They advertise it in National publications as a product available to consumers. Unfortunately becasue CA requires three units - one for testing, one for future results and one for disposal - 2 of the three at the expense of the manufacturer + cost of testing, Taurus says F-You CA, you don’t get our gun!

I'm afraid Jim Wolfe is probably going through something similar - CA is putting such ridiculous cost restrictive demands, not to mention state bureaucratic bog down that even though this TT system we are all ready for is probably compliant, we are at the mercy of the pinheads that run the emissions board. (or whatever group controls it’s destiny)

Could he seek approval in another state? Probably has but it all boils down to consumer demographics.

I'm afraid we are all at the mercy of the great state of California!

Can anyone say GTR?... That's probably how long we'll be waiting for JWT approval.

My non-expert opinion of course.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bizzump for our weekly "Damn, is this kit gonna be out before tabletop fusion hits the mainstream" thread.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by trebien
Bizzump for our weekly "Damn, is this kit gonna be out before tabletop fusion hits the mainstream" thread.

hahaha ditto

Old 11-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35SanDiego
hahaha ditto
This awesome JWT TT kit will be out real soon to the public, So you guys who were patient enough to wait for it will experience what VRT and our customers allready know...........Remember; "Patience is a virtue"

Old 11-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
+ 1!!!

CA is notorious for running new product thought he mill....

I don't know everything about anything, but I know a little about many things...

JWT's TT is probably road worthy (for all states aside form the one he is in)... The problem is 50 state legal (which is 49 state granted, CA rejected).

I hate to state this, but I have been wanting to buy a Taurus 24-7 since the manufacturer released it. They advertise it in National publications as a product available to consumers. Unfortunately becasue CA requires three units - one for testing, one for future results and one for disposal - 2 of the three at the expense of the manufacturer + cost of testing, Taurus says F-You CA, you don’t get our gun!

I'm afraid Jim Wolfe is probably going through something similar - CA is putting such ridiculous cost restrictive demands, not to mention state bureaucratic bog down that even though this TT system we are all ready for is probably compliant, we are at the mercy of the pinheads that run the emissions board. (or whatever group controls it’s destiny)

Could he seek approval in another state? Probably has but it all boils down to consumer demographics.

I'm afraid we are all at the mercy of the great state of California!

Can anyone say GTR?... That's probably how long we'll be waiting for JWT approval.

My non-expert opinion of course.
It is more complicated than his just using California for compliance testing because its close to home. California is I believe the only state that is set up to test for emissions compliance on after market parts. The other states such as Ariziona where I live have emission testing either tail pipe or On Board Diagnostics but passing that is only part of the test, at least here. They also do a visual inspection at the state run facility looking for any modifications to the OEM emission system.

Tampering: In addition to one of the above tests, a vehicle may undergo a visual inspection to determine the presence of certain emission control components as installed by the manufacturer. Inspection includes catalytic converter, operational air pump, positive crankcase ventilation system and evaporative control system. These inspections coupled with the evaporative system integrity (pressure) test constitute the tampering inspection.

If they find something suspect (like a SC or turbocharger under the hood) they look to Califorina for record of approval (Carb sticker). If your computer is throwing error codes because something is amiss with the sensors I don't know if even a Carb sticker is going to get you through.

ADEQ does not maintain a program to evaluate or certify the effectiveness of retrofit devices or fuel additives to reduce exhaust emissions. All inquiries for evaluation or certification are referred to U.S.EPA or the State of California; both of which maintain programs that provide technical assistance in the development of test protocol and the evaluation of the product effects on emissions/fuel economy. These programs use the complete federal test procedure, as described in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40, Part 86 , which is the only valid test for device evaluation.

This is why they consider the Carb approval so important to their product launch. If in the future modified cars start failing emissions test the owners are in for a big big headache. This happened to me here on a turbocharged motorcycle and it wasn't pretty.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by wa2good
This awesome JWT TT kit will be out real soon to the public, So you guys who were patient enough to wait for it will experience what VRT and our customers allready know...........Remember; "Patience is a virtue"
Is this credible?... Or are you being sarcastic?

Old 11-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Banned
Smile

Originally Posted by OCG35
Is this credible?... Or are you being sarcastic?
Very credible.......This kit IS awesome and should be out (to the public) pretty soon. For opinions on this kit contact us at VRT or any VRT customer that is on this forum or this one http://www.my350z.com/

Thanks,
Scott at VRT
wa2good@hotmail.com
http://www.violentracing.com/

Last edited by wa2good; 11-10-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
VRT, needs to be at that SD dyno day for people to start believing!!!

Old 11-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned
Cool never ending haters......

Originally Posted by G2FAST
VRT, needs to be at that SD dyno day for people to start believing!!!
OK, lets say I do find the time TO show up, run some cars and whatever else. That won't be the end of it!! .....I have learned that the hard way on these type of message boards. I have showed up (publicly) with 5+ TT'ed cars when most "message board people "called me a LIAR" and said we have only done two (and got no apologies, at all). People will still find something else to pick apart.....its the nature of some people on these message boards. There is nothing I, or VRT have to do to prove anything to anyone. Weather I can find the time to show up at some dyno meet or not, there will always be someone saying something else......IT WILL ALWAYS BE SOMETHING!! None the less, I WILL TRY to attend this dyno day with a couple cars. (for what, I don't know)

Gotta go, having Jim at JWT dyno a customers car for us today.

Scott from VRT

Last edited by wa2good; 11-11-2005 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Talked with Jim at length yesterday. He believes the cat light-off challenge is solved and said they plan to take the car back to CARB next week.

DaveO

Old 11-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by DaveO
Talked with Jim at length yesterday. He believes the cat light-off challenge is solved and said they plan to take the car back to CARB next week.

DaveO
This is GREAT news!!! (for me and my car anyway - maybe not my bank account).

I hope he gets approval this time! Hmmm... sight's of an '07 G upgrade trade may not be so important to me anymore... we'll see.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:54 PM
after they take it carb, they have to wait another 3 months before final certification can be complete. as nice as the jwt kit might be, i've been enjoying my turbo'd g for months now. but i'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by bullitproof
after they take it carb, they have to wait another 3 months before final certification can be complete. as nice as the jwt kit might be, i've been enjoying my turbo'd g for months now. but i'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Doe's it really take that long to get Uncle Kali's blessing after passing the tests? I have never asked Jim about that.

It's good to hear that you're enjoying your turbo(s). Which kit do you have? (There's no signatures at this time.)

Livin' in Kalifornia has many disadvantages.

DaveO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JWT Twin Turbo