Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My build has begun

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
My build has begun

Well, after what feels like forever my second FI build is about to began. I dropped teh car off last weekend to have thte motor pulled to be rebuilt.

Parts:

APS TT (custom fabbed Z version)
APS TD exhaust (custom fabbed Z exhaust)
APS cat delete pipes
Custom ground cams
Crawford cast plenum
JWT Clutch (for now)
JWT flywheel
Arias 9.1:1 pistons
Pauter rods
Walbro 255 fuel pump
custom stainless return line
head and main studs
1 step colder plugs
custom molded front bumper

I think thats about it!

I hope to take a TON of pics along the way and have the car ready for ZdayZ May 20th.

Last edited by KPierson; 03-17-2005 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:55 PM
It's not the critic......
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow.........thats sounds like fun! how come you not doing the install yourself?

Old 03-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woo hoo..yeah,post lots of pics.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Banned
The whole 'no engine building' experiance thing kinda pushed me away from doign it myself. That, and I travel 90% of the time for work. I do plan on doing as much as possible on my own though, like the stainless fuel lines

Old 03-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Awesome! Who's doing the work for you?

Old 03-18-2005, 02:37 AM
Awesome! What do you plan on doing with your current FI setup? How much are you going to ask for it since I see you've got it listed "for sale" in your sig...

Old 03-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Banned
A place called 'Performance Clinic' is doing the engine build. A guy who works out of his garage is doing the custom fab for the TT, the exhaust, and the from bumper.

I'm asking $3999 for the Procharger and the PE 380cc fuel injectors. They have about 1500 miles on them so they are in like new condition. Also, the procharger is the more expensive polished version. www.KPtechnologies.com/dynos/dyno.htm

New I spent over $6100 for everything! All the parts for the Procharger will be included and the Procharger FMU has never been installed. With the Procharger and PE injectors TS can reflash your ECU to make it all work without using the FMU that Procharger supplies. TS has a much better program then the one I used (they used my car as a test car for this setup).

Old 03-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Kevin,

How'd you decide on this guy? Is he in your area? Obviously good reputation? Living just a few hours north of you, would you recommend him?

Thx,
Brian

Old 03-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Banned
My Dad just did a frame off restoration on his '72 Pontiac Ventura. Along the way he met some VERY talanted people. Performance Clinic built his 565 cu in big block and installed the EFI on it. The engine dyno hit over 750hp on pump gas! Its a beast.

The guy who works out of his garage did most of the custom fab for my Dad's car and he did all the body work and paint. The car is straight black, and the paint looks better then a factory paint job! Performance Clinic has been doing Honda stuff for years, but I believe I am their first big Nissan build. Ted from Scott Performance is going to give them some tips and pointers so everything should turn out perfect!

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Old 03-18-2005, 11:24 AM
VR3
Nice! Post pics when you can

I believe the APSTT comes with the fuel pump already so you may not need the Walbro255.

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/350z/fuel/fuel.htm

High capacity injectors place extraordinary loads upon the fuel supply system and in the case of a high horsepower turbocharged 350Z, far higher capacity than the stock fuel pump can satisfy. APS has produced the ultimate with an in-tank mount direct replacement fuel pump that will supply up to 700 horsepower (flywheel) at 4.5 Bar fuel pressure at 13.5 Volts. This is the operating fuel pressure when the APS Twin Turbo System intake manifold pressure sensing 4.0 Bar regulator registers 0.5 Bar (7.3 psig) boost pressure

Old 03-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by KPierson
My Dad just did a frame off restoration on his '72 Pontiac Ventura. Along the way he met some VERY talanted people. Performance Clinic built his 565 cu in big block and installed the EFI on it. The engine dyno hit over 750hp on pump gas! Its a beast.

The guy who works out of his garage did most of the custom fab for my Dad's car and he did all the body work and paint. The car is straight black, and the paint looks better then a factory paint job! Performance Clinic has been doing Honda stuff for years, but I believe I am their first big Nissan build. Ted from Scott Performance is going to give them some tips and pointers so everything should turn out perfect!

Let me know if you have any other questions,
He sounds very talented. Where exactly is he at. I'm very interested to hear how your G turns out. I've been considering Tuan/GRD and Charles (Phunk) CJ Motorsports but this would probably be a little closer. Obviously you're **** about your car (like me) and I'm sure you're nevous about it going under the knife so this guy must be good.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Never enough
Congrats! But why in the hell do you need more then the procharger.

Old 03-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Banned
I already have the Walbro pump installed, so I see no point in changing it out with the APS supplied pump.

The procharger was fun, but I want MORE boost. More more more more more more.......

380rwhp just isn't enough when there is a 650rwhp muscle car right next to it always wanting to race

Old 03-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Congrats KP on your project. How long is the engine build, before the APS install? Does tranny need to be upgraded for the #'s your looking to get ( 600+ rwhp )?

Old 03-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey KP, it looks like we are both headed in the same direction. I'm weighing my options on going with forged rods and pistons or stick with the stock engine for now. Please keep us updated on your progress, I'm very interested to see what your end result will be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My build has begun