Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

All these Twin Turbos out their?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 12:46 AM
aps
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KjbAlto
Pick up the new issue of Sport Z Magazine. They're doing a turbo shootout for the VQ. They're comparing the Greddy, APS, JWT, PE and a couple of others. www.sportzmagazine.com
I'm not sure what one can really gain from this article (not that I've read it) as i'm told by a reliable source that the boost pressure was not checked on any Z car tested.

Without knowing what boost pressure strategy each turbo system was running I'd say it's somewhat difficult to draw a valid/meaningful conclusion from the test article.

Peter

Last edited by aps; 06-01-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by pbstyle
Oh ok so have you ran into any of these problems with your greddy. I thought greddy was the safest thing out their i guess not. Why did you choose greddy out of the rest of them. If you could change would you and what would it be. Overall i like the craftmanship of the greddy kit, and the other kits they look rather ancient to me. Which kit allows you to boost the most and get the most rwhp?
I bent a rod with my kit, but I don't blame it on the kit. That was the tuner's fault IMO. I had all the parts to be complete.....fuel return, larger injectors, fuel pump, ignition harness, and pressure sensor harness. I am currently rebuilding my motor with forged internals.

I choose the greddy because even before I bent a rod I had plans on rebuilding the motor with forged internals and currently there are no tuners for the APS TT kit in my area. This is the kit I was oringally looking at but choose the greddy due to my situation.

IMO the APS TT is the best kit out right now. It uses ball bearing water cooled turbos (latest turbo technology) and comes with a fuel system.The only problem for you would be that the stock actuators will not let you boost past 12psi. I think you would need around 15psi or so to hit your goal of 600whp. APS is currently working on an upgraded fuel system that would include upgraded actuators that would allow you to boost higher than 12psi. I don't know when it will be released.

Pretty much all the kits will be capable of 600whp if you build the motor. If there would have been a tuner for the APS TT in my area I would have gone that route because of the turbos they use. Whatever you choose like other members have said make sure you read up and know what you are getting into. I know it may seem like a lot of info but take a saturday afternoon and just read these board for like 8 hours and you will understand this game a lot better. Also checkout my350z.com. There are a twice as many guys that have gone TT and there is a lot more info there.

Last edited by Gman2004; 06-01-2005 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Peter,
While on subject of boost pressure. What was the psi on the 2005 G35 tested at Brainstorm? Did it have an APS exhaust and test pipes?

Old 06-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Tony are their any tuners at z1motorsports for the APS TT? Or are their any in the ATLANTA AREA?

Old 06-01-2005, 01:00 AM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by GXCLUSIV
Peter,
While on subject of boost pressure. What was the psi on the 2005 G35 tested at Brainstorm? Did it have an APS exhaust and test pipes?
Our head tech is away over seas until next Monday (he's the guy who installed and dyno tuned the APS twin turbo system on the 05 model G35) so I won't know the exact boost pressure strategy until I speak with him next week, I'd guess around 8.5 to 9 PSI.

The 05 G35 did have an APS true dual 2.5 inch cat back exhaust system and test pipes, I know our head tech also tuned this 05 engine to a higher than normal tuning spec which achieved approx 470 WHP on 91 octane fuel - not recommended for stock VQ engines.

Thanks

Peter

Old 06-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by aps
I know our head tech also tuned this 05 engine to a higher than normal tuning spec which achieved approx 470 WHP on 91 octane fuel - not recommended for stock VQ engines.
Hey Peter,

470whp on your dyno is like 490-500whp on a dynojet right?

Old 06-01-2005, 01:08 AM
Tony are their any tuners at z1motorsports for the APS TT? Or are their any in the ATLANTA AREA?
Your best bet is to drive to Naperville, IL and get the APS TT tuned by Tuan. He is the master! It is about 11-12 hour drive for you. I would have done that but I am 24hours and 1500 miles away

Last edited by Gman2004; 06-01-2005 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:09 AM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by Gman2004
Hey Peter,

470whp on your dyno is like 490-500whp on a dynojet right?
I guess that would be about correct Gman.

Peter

Old 06-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Z1 is working on becoming a tuner for Unichip, apparently its a long process. The owner has an APS 350Z so he has a vested interest in tuning the APS kit as well.. he really wants to test the limits. I dont think there is anyone else in the Atlanta area that really knows much about the APS kit, I've mentioned it to some other shops and they just give me a blank stare.

I wasnt able to view the pictures you posted, I've heard about team eci but what kind of car do you have?

Old 06-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
Your best bet is to drive to Naperville, IL and get the APS TT tuned by Tuan. He is the master! It is about 11-12 hour drive for you. I would have done that but I am 24hours and 1500 miles away

I'm seriously considering making that drive myself, I'd just have to put a full weekend aside and then some but I think it would be worth it for a safe tune.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:26 AM
I just dont like greddy.. i am going to choose between the 3 i listed aps/jwt or ssr luckily for me there is a aps dealer/tuner near by in jersey at MRC Motorsports at racemrc.com im pretty sure they can assist me to my goal if i choose to go with the aps right peter?.. i would like to have this complete by sept. so waiting on this upgrade kit may be a pain in the ****! I would love to hear more info on the jwt and ssr before i choose.. wich ever i can get the best deal all around as far as price and reliability of the kit i will choose.. i really wish there was more info on the jwt kit.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by paranormal
I just dont like greddy.. i am going to choose between the 3 i listed aps/jwt or ssr luckily for me there is a aps dealer/tuner near by in jersey at MRC Motorsports at racemrc.com im pretty sure they can assist me to my goal if i choose to go with the aps right peter?.. i would like to have this complete by sept. so waiting on this upgrade kit may be a pain in the ****! I would love to hear more info on the jwt and ssr before i choose.. wich ever i can get the best deal all around as far as price and reliability of the kit i will choose.. i really wish there was more info on the jwt kit.
Only problem with JWT kits, they will not release the kits, until they have the CARB EO. That process takes a long time to achieve.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:49 AM
Hey Paranormal Why Did You Not Include The Greddy TT IN Your Choice And Do You Have Any Pix Of Your Ride?
and there are tons of pics of my car in the g35 coupe forum do a search on my name!

gxclusive do you know how long they have been trying to get the carb eo? it seems like its been a while.. im probably going to go with the aps set up.. and the sgp block. unless after i research the ssr i find something that makes me change my mind.. the price on both of them are about the same really so thats not a big problem.. we will see where i can get the best deal on them..

Old 06-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by paranormal
and there are tons of pics of my car in the g35 coupe forum do a search on my name!

gxclusive do you know how long they have been trying to get the carb eo? it seems like its been a while.. im probably going to go with the aps set up.. and the sgp block. unless after i research the ssr i find something that makes me change my mind.. the price on both of them are about the same really so thats not a big problem.. we will see where i can get the best deal on them..
Hey,
Both SFR and JWT are in San Diego, and where Im from. Called JWT couple months back, and they were shooting for late June for release, but only if the Carb EO # is completed. SFR/SSR kit is a little more and additional $1K for the ball bearing Turbos. Still worthwhile to check-out the SFR/SSR kit if you want 550-600rwhp.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:56 AM
i have SFR twin kit and now shooting for 600+ you can check the spec in my webpage.again be sure to read the sport z magazine this month.there's a turbo shoot out in there including all 6 of turbo kits available.they will break down each kit for you.read it and you might pick up something before you decide.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: All these Twin Turbos out their?